SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Stuck on Rollout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Stuck on Rollout
    Posted: February-28-2014 at 8:09pm
I just did 2 landings at KMFR ILS Rwy14; one from 10nm final and the second from 8nm final.  After landing and using thrust reversers the right engine got stuck in reverse. The left one came out each time but right never would no matter how much messing around back and forth with power levers.   The first approach was a test of the auto-land and it worked perfectly (right down the LOC & GS) until time to deploy reversers.  The second one was a hand-fly to landing from 8nm out.  Both are on the ILS and the second one showed a perfect cross on the LOC/GS but I started off to the left in reality and the needles never moved as I finished the approach even though I was off both LOC & GS.  I use FSUIPC for all my control calibrations and hope that is not causing trouble.  As before I am using the client version.
Any ideas on this one?  Do you need more info or a file?
Thanks,
Jerry
zetato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zetato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 4:00am
Hi Jerry, what type of controller do you own?
If the reverse anomaly is repeatable, can you try to use F2 (mantaining it pressed) instead of the reverse lever to see what happens?
For the ILS question, I don't know, it seems a problem on the model, the FD is not driven from FSiPanel (except maybe for failures in a future release), so, I think, something was stuck on FD system.
Looking at another your message it seems Jean-Pierre has already implemented casual failures on your program release LOL 
Ciao!
Mauro
HondaJet View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 8:37am
Mauro,
Yes it does seem that way with my install, doesn't it?  LOL 
Yesterday was the first time I had this issue and it was just after I loaded the PMDG 737-800WL to PSiPanel and flew it.  I did 2 flights (started a new flight in FSX for 2nd flight) and they both had the same problem with right engine stuck in reverse after used for landing.  My controller is the Saitek Pro Throttle quadrant controlled by FSUIPC to FSX.  The function I am using for reverse is F2 through FSUIPC Key mapping.

I will test it out again today and see if it is repeatable and if so I will try using F2 on keyboard to see what happens.
I'll let you know when I get that done.
TNX,
Jerry
HondaJet View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 11:06am
It appears that something in FSiPanel is messing with my FSUIPC control settings.  I did a few more flights with and without FSiPanel.  In addition to the Reverse problem (I reset FSUIPC for my throttle controls and that seemed to solve it for at least 2 flights) I had one flight where after landing my rudder wanted to stay full left.  After that I closed FSi, restarted FSX and did a flight in the same PMDG 738 at the same airport with neither problem.  I only have these random problems when I have FSi running [this is a client setup].

J-P is there some coding in the program that could possibly conflict with some control functions going through FSUIPC?  I do appreciate any help you can provide.  I love your program capabilities and it will be excellent when I can figure out what workarounds I need for my standard FSX control setups as they were before I got your program.
Thanks
Jerry
zetato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zetato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 4:05am
Hi Jerry, maybe you can take a look at this post http://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-fsipanel-stuck-trimming_topic48776.html , and try yourself to disable the joystick and let FSiPanel perform a full autoland just to see if all works well.
You can also check as Norm has done,  if there are no double assignments for axis in normal and slew mode between FSUIPC and FSX Wink
Ciao!
Mauro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic