SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > BN-2 Islander Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Released] BN-2 Damage Mod v1.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kekelekou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Released] BN-2 Damage Mod v1.1
    Posted: April-14-2018 at 3:38am
Hello,

I am much pleased to announce the release of the Damage Mod for Flight1’s BN-2 Islander.
This addon brings a wear and failure engine to the Islander “à la Accusim”, based on the flight manual of the real airplane and the DM concept created by Ismail Hakki Güzel.

The following systems will wear out and will be inflicted damage in case of improper use :
- engines
- generators
- propellers
- flaps
- flaps motor
- flight controls
- autopilot
- vacuum
- pitot tubes
- brakes
- structural deicing (the corresponding switch is added to the virtual cockpit)
- landing lights

Extra features :
- avionics dying if on when engine starts
- blown tires in case of hard landing
- foul spark plug if engine runs at low rpm and rich mixture for too long, (rpm drop during mag dead-cut test simulated)
- engine dies in case of quick throttle movement with fuel pump off
- sluggish engine response to throttle input with cold engines
- door lock and alarm

Please have a look at the instructions included in the package for more details.

Happy flights, and don’t forget to pay attention to the instruments!

Download link for v1.1 : http://library.flight1.net/?p=11388

Thank you again to Flight1 for allowing me to modify and publish the VC mdl file.
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2018 at 8:14pm
Hello Kekelekou,

Thanks for your mod support of the product. Very cool stuff!
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
kekelekou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kekelekou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 12:40pm
My pleasure Jeff! Glad you like it!
JockoFlocko View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JockoFlocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 5:55pm
Absolutely outstanding mod! This has breathed new life into the BN-2, I now *BABY* her in flight. ;)

Quick question, is there any way in P3D v4 to get some kind of switch sounds working in the cockpit? Obviously the old virtavia sound gauge is no longer compatible with P3D 4 as it's 64bit.

Again, fantastic modification, great work!
kekelekou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kekelekou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2018 at 7:01am
hello JockoFlocko!

Thank you for your kind words. The BN-2 deserves to fly again in the virtual skies.
I don’t own P3D, let alone v4, so I can’t test anything related to a 64bit version for the mod. I have just had a quick search, and there is no simple fix to the Virtavia sound gauge. My two gauges driving the throttles and pitch levers should not work too. I’ll have to check the code again to see what the consequences are.
fsafranek View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsafranek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by JockoFlocko JockoFlocko wrote:

Quick question, is there any way in P3D v4 to get some kind of switch sounds working in the cockpit? Obviously the old virtavia sound gauge is no longer compatible with P3D 4 as it's 64bit.
Something you might try.

First get the file at avsim.com library named "CockpitSounds_V2.zip":

Then get the updated sound gauge for 64-bit by Doug Dawson (dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64).  His website is here: https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Flight1 made a reduced volume set of sound files (Thank you! -- hated testing this aircraft back in the day because of the ridiculously loud cockpit click and brake sounds).  But Doug has also included the ability to do that with individual sounds as described in the readme of his file as well as in his comment in this thread: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/504817-horrible-braking-sound-can-i-get-rid-of-it/

Hope this helps.  I'll try this all myself when I have some spare time.

kekelekou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kekelekou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2018 at 11:46am
Hello everyone!

I have just compiled the 64bit versions of the throttles and pitch levers intercept gauges. But I have no means to test them. So if you ´d like to help, just show up!

Regarding the sound gauge, I’m afraid I won’t have any spare time to fix this.
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by kekelekou kekelekou wrote:

Hello everyone!

I have just compiled the 64bit versions of the throttles and pitch levers intercept gauges. But I have no means to test them. So if you ´d like to help, just show up!

Regarding the sound gauge, I’m afraid I won’t have any spare time to fix this.

Try this..

https://www.simforums.com/forums/islander-in-p3dv4_topic60395.html
Bert
torsen42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torsen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2018 at 10:26am
Hi,

I would be very interested in testing the 64bit compiled mod. In addition I could help in merging it with Jose and Berts work on the Islander. The combination would make it even more interesting. Some wear and tear was always missing on the Islander.

Cheers and Thx
Thorsten
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic