SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software > EZdok Beta Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reinstalling EZdok -2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reinstalling EZdok -2
    Posted: January-01-2018 at 3:37pm
Hi I uninstalled my EZdok V2 as I was having problems running it with TrackIR V5. After running the EZdok-2 Setup.exe again the program installed but when I run Config.exe there is not the option to select P3Dv4.

Can someone explain where I am going wrong please?

Baz
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by barrywells barrywells wrote:

Hi I uninstalled my EZdok V2 as I was having problems running it with TrackIR V5. After running the EZdok-2 Setup.exe again the program installed but when I run Config.exe there is not the option to select P3Dv4.

Can someone explain where I am going wrong please?

Baz

Baz, hi!
Please check that you have installed the latest version of EZCA. This is important if you want to use it in conjunction with P3D4.1. Please download from the link in the last message here:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-2-6-for-p3d-v4-1-p3d-4-0-p3d-v3-xx-fsx_topic59058.html
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
barrywells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2018 at 4:48pm
Hi Nick - I have got EZdok working again with TrackIR 5 but I keep getting the message to set ezca and resh.exe with 'Administrator rights' then restart the application. I select properties on each of the files and then select the 'Compatibility Tab' and set the Privilege Level tick box to run program as Administrator. This doesn't work for me, should I be doing something different? I am running Windows 7 (x64). I am running the latest version of EZCA.

If I start EZCA myself, everything seems to work OK>

Baz
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 12:17am

Hi Nick - I have got EZdok working again with TrackIR 5 but I keep getting the message to set ezca and resh.exe with 'Administrator rights' then restart the application. I select properties on each of the files and then select the 'Compatibility Tab' and set the Privilege Level tick box to run program as Administrator. This doesn't work for me, should I be doing something different? I am running Windows 7 (x64). I am running the latest version of EZCA.

Baz

Hi Baz!
I also use Win7(x64) and "run as administrator" option in the  'Compatibility Tab' window, I have only for Ezca.exe. Ezlauncher.exe and resh.exe this option is disabled. Try to configure also. If the resulting warning window will again appear, I think to write in support (form bottom of page) here:
http://www.ezdok-camera.com/troubleshooting

Nick B.
Ezdok Software
777-Pilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 777-Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 6:51am

Baz

Hi Baz, I am having the exact same issue as you do - resh.exe and ezca.exe warnings keep showing up and although ezca is visible in the Add-Ons menu, it doesnt connect to the sim. Did you have any look resolving it?

Maybe it has something to do with a new windows update? (Given that we both seem to have gotten the problem roughly the same time)

Regards
David

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 11:25am
Hi Nick, I removed admin privileges from all files except EZCA.exe started P3D and it worked fine. Restarted P3D two more times, still working OK. Shutdown and restarted computer. P3D now fails again with the same error i.e. Please set ezca.exe and resh.exe to admin etc. this message comes up twice !! I can still manually run ezca and all works fine !!!

Baz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote barrywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2018 at 9:22am
UPDATE

Hi Nick/Dave,

I believe I have finally got to the bottom of what has been causing intermittent problems with starting EZCA.

I found that the entry to C:\Users\Barry\AppData\Roaning\Lockheed martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml for launching ezlauncher.exe looked like this.....

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>TrackIr5</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon>
        <Name>EZdok camera addon2</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA2\ezlauncher.exe</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

After I edited it to look like this.....
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>TrackIr5</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>EZdok camera addon2</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA2\ezlauncher.exe</Path>
        </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Everything now starts and runs OK. I have shutdown and restarted at least 3 times now and everytime EZCA runs fine.

Note, I finally have only two files set to run as Administrator i.e. EZCA.exe and Resh.exe. I would be interested to hear if this is what is causing your problem Dave.

Baz

777-Pilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 777-Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2018 at 10:30am
Thanks Baz, I will try that. I am currently not at home, but as soon as I am I will try your method.

David
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2018 at 7:35am
Baz, Hi!
Thank you for your research. Indeed, now of record in EXE.XML looks right. Maybe when you install the TrackIr file was modified in the wrong way. Hope this helps those who have similar problem.

Nick
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
smerriman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerriman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 4:16pm
Thank you very much Barrywells, 

I reformatted my ssd over the weekend, reinstalled everything and was having the same problem. 

my exe.xml was missing the Trackir5 section, which I copied from your post and added in and it works 

you are a hero Smile

many thanks
Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic