SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Redirected] FSX-Cessna 421 Slow to load

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetflt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Redirected] FSX-Cessna 421 Slow to load
    Posted: February-09-2013 at 7:45pm
I've been using FSPS to redo my C421 panel. It's taking over 45 seconds to load the airplane in the  FSX game. I have 4.9MB in the Panel folder and 171MB in Gauges folder. I also have 20 windows to load for the panel.cfg file. I've gone in the Panel folder and deleted most of the backup .cfg files. I have 3 backups there left.

It takes less than 5 seconds to extract in loading this airplane to FSPS. It's just forever to load in the game when selected.

All other airplanes load in FSX game in under 5 seconds.

Any help appreciated!

Also, any help in XML code for just displaying the current airspeed? I'm using XML Notepad 2007.
luap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 2:28am
The 421 that is spec'd to run in FS9 per the product page?

The 421C Golden Eagle "is" the premier piston engined twin for FS2002 and FS2004 (http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=421C-001).

Paul Scott Bartelt

The grass is always greener over the septic tank

jetflt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetflt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 10:55am
Yes. It's F1 Cessna 421 Golden Eagle (for 2004) which I love to fly. I put it in FSX folders and it ran fine. Loading speed was normal and it flew just fine. It just didn't have any instruments on main panel in 2D, and the 3D cockpit was a default picture with no working instruments  But it flew fine.

So I began to use FSPS and added gauges to fill the 2D panel and even got them all to display in the 3D panel. All was well. I got the pop-ups that work off of the avionics and the CPL icons to work, so I added a few more icon popup windows of my own. I got a GPS 500 that works and connects to Autopilot system. HSI displays properly and a NAV/GPS switch that's perfect.

All in all I'm pleased with it but it's SLOW to load in the game, (45 seconds). 

Thanks for your reply and support.
luap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 2:12pm
Just for giggles.. can you move the panel.cfg out of the panel folder to see if the load times drop?

Are the gauges .gau or .xml? I seem to recall that .gau files were appreciably slower... Or maybe it was the other way around.   None the less, see what happens when the panel file is suppressed.

Also, I am going to move this to the FSPS forum area. That is a more appropriate location.

Paul Scott Bartelt

The grass is always greener over the septic tank

jetflt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetflt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 4:15pm

When I moved the panel.cfg out of panel folder like you suggested, There was no selection of 421 available on free flight page.

So I reloaded the  Golden Eagle original folder to the Golden Eagle Panel folder and load time for 421 now normal and fast. So I'm adding icons for my new popup windows and a couple of more gauges and so far all's well with load times.

As I continue the process I am checking load times for every change and this time will see where the slowdown occurs (if it happens). Thanks for your help. Great to have support and someone to lean on for new ideas and approaches to problems.

Lesson learned here is...be methodical, test often, take notes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic