SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommended Settings Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkb24212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommended Settings Please
    Posted: June-24-2019 at 1:38pm
i am a MSFS user for years. Originally I used my desktop PC  which worked well. I am using a laptop now with I7 based processor and 16gb RAM, with SSD. Graphics display intel 520 configurations as default settings.  I tried adding the SP1 then SP2 and seemed to encountered errors of all sorts resulting in poor freezing.

Would like to know max display settings, and if there are any anomalies known when using custom settings as saved default then setting that CFG file to run as default.

Do some of the newer planes require service pack 1 or 2?

Currently I am simply using the FSX WITHOUT SO1 or 2.

Thanks
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2019 at 2:28pm
Lots of questions...

For FSX, you have two options, I would say:

Install FSX +SP1 +SP2

or

Get the Steam FSX-SE version which is an all-in-one, slightly improved option.

If I were you, I would look into the Steam version.
Bert
jkb24212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkb24212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2019 at 5:24pm
Bert thanks very much for the quick reply.

I thought the Steam edition was something different than what I read about it today after receiving your reply.

I have a few aircraft I want to keep that were made for FSX. The Raytheon Beach Jet Hawker, Citation X and Citation Mustang.

Do you know if these can be used with Steam?

Much thanks  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2019 at 7:04pm
I would expect them all to work, but check with the vendors of the airplanes.. they should list the supported FS versions.

For example:

https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang
Bert
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2019 at 8:22pm
I don't know how far you can get on a Intel 520 integrated graphics, but do make sure you have all the DX9 updates installed or FSX/FSX Steam may not work right.

FSX does not install the full DX9 system.

I don't think he is going to fly that Mustang on integrated Intel graphics Bert.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2019 at 9:00pm
Fair enough... the GPU (or lack thereof) might be a problem
Bert
jkb24212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkb24212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 6:42pm
My laptop was recently updated and uses the Intel 620 HD intergrated video hardware. I would very much appreciate your feedback relative to the type of performance increase I should expect to see with FSX and if STEAM would now be an option given this upgrade.

Thanks very much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic