SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fin10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question
    Posted: October-22-2006 at 4:13pm

Hi

I am new to this panel design thing but was hoping to add a new type of gauge to an existing panel though I am not sure if it can be done.

I primarily fly Fast Jets and want to place a top down view in one of the MFDs.  Can this be done and if so, how?

cheers

alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 8:37am
Hi fin10,

This would probably be done by opening a new duplicate view window, setting it to top-down, and then resizing it to one of your MFDs.

However as far as I'm aware you can't specify one of these new, duplicate windows as an existing window in your panel.cfg file in the same way that you can add a new pop-up panel window, so FSPS may not be able to help.

If this is a "fast (military) jet", presumably you're after some sort of moving map display ? If so, one of the default FS2004 GPS/map windows might serve the purpose, and as these are an existing pop-up, it would only require you to resize and relocate the existing default pop-up.

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
fin10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fin10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 9:05am

Hi Alistair,

Thanks for the reply.  I was trying to construct a sort of recce/laser designator type panel, hence the reason I was after the top down view.

I would doubt if their is anything that would do the job, the top down view was a bit of a last ditch attempt.

No matter.

Thanks again for the reply.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic