SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Purchasing GTN 650/75 0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zentiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purchasing GTN 650/75 0
    Posted: October-07-2018 at 10:24pm
I attempted to ask customer support to simply purchase the 750 GPS or GTN.... and am more confused than when I asked the question. Guess I am more daft than deft on the computer... and it looks like there is no such thing as customer support with this company,

Can anyone help with 2 questions:

A) Is F1 the only place to purchase this product? I just want to buy and download the software. Clown

B) If I do manage to purchase this GPS Add-on, I presume it it loads into the aircraft I have purchased if they are compatible? 

C) Do I have to repurchase the software for every aircraft I wish to add it?

I am using P3Dv4, have a 2017 model Alienware desktop/ Windows 10.

Thank you in advance for any advice.Cry

Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 12:22pm
You only need to purchase one copy and you can use it in as many aircraft as you like.

Here is where you buy:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gtncomplete
Bert
Zentiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zentiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 12:31pm
Thank you very much!
Zentiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zentiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 1:59pm
Bert,

Please know that I successfully purchased the software- BUT did not successfully load it to work on P3DV4. I tried to download it on my D drive (HDD) where I have P3D installed. The Trainer file went to C drive. I managed to reinstall that file to D as well. 

So when I am in an aircraft- say an A2A- I see the unit- BUT it does not activate. I also don't think it connects with the data file...

Sorry to be an idiot- but this is not my forte.Cry

Should I just delete the program and reinstall?

I tried to join the Forum reserved for GTN- but it wont let me- as it says my user name and email are already registered? Hmmm.

Thanks for your time and patience.
Zentiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zentiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 2:07pm
Bert,

I managed to get on the Forum with my certificate this tiem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Zentiger Zentiger wrote:

Bert,

Please know that I successfully purchased the software- BUT did not successfully load it to work on P3DV4. I tried to download it on my D drive (HDD) where I have P3D installed. The Trainer file went to C drive. I managed to reinstall that file to D as well. 

So when I am in an aircraft- say an A2A- I see the unit- BUT it does not activate. I also don't think it connects with the data file...

Sorry to be an idiot- but this is not my forte.Cry

Should I just delete the program and reinstall?

I tried to join the Forum reserved for GTN- but it wont let me- as it says my user name and email are already registered? Hmmm.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Suggest uninstalling the trainer and reinstalling it to its default location. I assume you are using a2a config app to install the GTN in the panel.. if so, that should work.

If still problems, post in the GTN support forum.
Bert
Zentiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zentiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 2:17pm
Bert, 

I have no idea what an A2A configuration App is. Sorry.

I will uninstall the entire GTN program. When I reinstall it- shall I put the program into D: with my P3D program - or should I just leave it in C:  ( I have no P3D programs in C:, which is a solid state and I use for Windows or Operating Systems...

Then for the Trainer installation should I put it all in D: as well  (If I install the program into D:) or leave it in C:? You probably are going to tell me take up another hobby- like marbles.

Thank you again for your patience with me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 2:30pm
No need to uninstall the GTN gauges. They are fine with P3D.

Just reinstall the Garmin Trainer and let it install on the C: drive.

The a2a planes have an airplane configurator app that allows you choose your GPS option. It is typically in the a2a\tools folder.. search for it!
Bert
Zentiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zentiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 2:43pm
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic