SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project X Screenshots - Plzen, CR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project X Screenshots - Plzen, CR
    Posted: March-25-2014 at 3:54pm
Today we will be releasing some screenshots to demonstrate our new ProjectX development software, which will be used in some upcoming product releases.

At this time, I am going to post screenshots from 2 smaller cities, one in Europe and one in North America.    The screenshots will show the differences in urban layouts and building textures between the two regions and was a good test for our software.

The first series of screenshots will be the city of Plzen in the Czech Republic.   Enjoy !
Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2014 at 3:56pm

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2014 at 3:57pm

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2014 at 3:57pm

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2014 at 3:58pm

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2014 at 4:01pm
Look at those great frame rates (Despite pretty heavy road traffic).  This is despite the fact that every object in the scenery is a custom model (but efficient use of shared textures).   Also, every building is correctly place in it's real world location.
Allen

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2014 at 4:47pm
Awesome work Allen...
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Andydigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2014 at 4:28am
Spectacular!!
Cheers,
Andy.
vic_baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2014 at 12:18pm
Just beautiful work!

Vic
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1050ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 GTX1080ti 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
jannier View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2014 at 5:31am
Amazing work Allen.
Will this be a standalone product, or integrate with Ultimate Terrain?

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Intel i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz/ GTX 780Ti 3GB/ 8GB RAM/ Win7 x64
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2014 at 11:13am
This definitely will be a standalone product   It will enhance Ultimate Terrain in that the large cities will be more detailed and accurate for those that want it.

The plan right now (subject to change) is to release about 14 to 19 of these cities per product region.     Each product will probably average out to be about a 1gb download due to the fact that each city is made up of custom sized objects (not shared library objects or autogen).   And, TexturePhoto terrain is included.

While this is subject to change, here is a list of possible products that may be released using this technology.    This is a first cut list and is not final.   We tried to arrange things regionally so that each product has between 14 and 19 cities per product.     Pricing has not been determined.  But, it should be cost effective in that each city will probably go for about $2 per city.  So, each product will roughly cost # of cities provided x $2 (cities will not be available ala carte).

Allen

jannier View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2014 at 12:12pm
WoW, impressive! WackoNuke
Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Intel i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz/ GTX 780Ti 3GB/ 8GB RAM/ Win7 x64
ginopatrassi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginopatrassi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 5:09am
Soru mate, but the screenshot were taken at low resolution no full hd with no antialias nor any other filter. Your 70 fps ate not true if you consider the way people use to have settings with fsx.
Gino Leopoldo
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 6:26pm
Gino. 

I have been comparing the frame rates against autogen, which is very efficient in FSX.   The frame rates that I have been getting are as good or better than autogen with the same settings.

I took these shots at lower altitude to show the object and and scenery features.   I would be happy to post a shot from higher up using any suggested settings that you provide.   In these shots I am running anti-alias and also decent traffic.   

When we are closer to production, we will try and provide a movie to demonstrate performance.

I agree that Frame Rate screenshots are subjective.   All I can say is that we are very pleased with the performance.    The entire basis, and years of work, have gone into coming up with a new strategy to improve performance.
Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 7:49pm
Gino.  This ones for you.    Here is Plzen in ProjectX versus Plzen with landclass/autogen.

Altitude 6,000 ft.   Settings provided.  

ProjectX Plzen

FSX with enhanced landclass and full autogen.

Settings:

I agree that the actual frame rate counter means little.  But, this is a direct comparison versus FSX autogen.
Allen

Flightpioneer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightpioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2014 at 5:40am
Looks awesome! One question: will it be P3D v2 compatible?
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2014 at 12:15pm
What are the computer specs of the machine that these screen shots were taken on?
ronhamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2014 at 6:26pm
will this stuff work with ORBX Vector/OpenLc and Global?
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2014 at 9:35pm
Answer(s) to your questions:

Looks awesome! One question: will it be P3D v2 compatible?

Yes.  But, the exact licensing is still up in the air.  It will be clarified before any scenery is released.

What are the computer specs of the machine that these screen shots were taken on?

Windows 7 64-bit, Stock Intel i7-2600k, 8gb ram, Amd Radeon HD 6800 series

will this stuff work with ORBX Vector/OpenLc and Global?

Because of the nature of the product, it should be compatible with pretty much everything.

Allen

navcan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 10:50pm
Looks outstanding Allen, but really disappointed to see no plans to release anything for Canada.
With having FT Montreal, FSDT Vancouver and most likely a FT Toronto the country surely is ripe for some of the ProjectX treatment?
I certainly hope so, would love to see the Toronto/Hamilton area, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver etc looking like this.
I would respectfully like to ask you to consider some Canadian scenery areas.
Many thanks!
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 11:17am
Unfortunately, the commercial data that we just licensed for ProjectX does not contain any Canadian cities right now.   They seem to have concentrated their efforts on the USA and Europe.   Strangely enough, there are a ton of Russian cities available.   I don't know if we will every release anything for Russia, because I have no idea what the interest would be like there.

Allen

odourboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odourboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 11:40am
Sorry if I missed it, but to we have an ETA on the first availability Project X products?

(PS - REALLY disappointed about Canadian cities! We just don't get no respect in FSX)
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 4:38pm
As the Canadian on the Scenery Solutions team I can tell you if the commercial data was there I'd be all for getting it developed and released as part of the Project X series. Hopefully in the future.

In the case of UTX, I think Allen would agree that the commercial data we used for our Canadian product was of very high quality, especially when it came to all the water features. Sadly despite this high level of accuracy and quality, it wasn't a big seller.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
odourboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odourboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 5:33pm
Sad - but not a surprise. I wasn't really expected any more comment on Canada, since Allen already stated the data was not available for Project X. An ETA on the other hand, I was hoping to hear about...
navcan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 9:03pm
Thank you for the update, that's a great shame to hear but hopefully in the future we may see something.
I hear what you are saying Jeff, but also at the time UT Canada was released there were really no decent quality airports for FSX in Canada. Now we have FT CYUL and likely CYYZ as well as FSDT's CYVR and Simaddons (not the same quality level by any means but OK) with CYYC, CYHZ, CYWG etc.
I do believe that George at FlyTampa said that Montreal was one of their most successful releases ever and it took them by surprise, so much so that it appears all but certain that they are developing Toronto as well, so perhaps the market has changed in those years to a degree.

Anyway, the answer has been given and I shall cling to the hope that one day the data will be there for some Canadian cities to be given the Project X treatment. Those screenshots really do look superb!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic