SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem with editing xml in cab files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with editing xml in cab files
    Posted: October-03-2003 at 5:04pm

I am trying to edit the xml for a gauge for one of the MS aircraft in FS2004. I select the gage, press "edit xml" and it opens in notepad, I make my change, and then the problems start. I assume I should use notepad to save the change, although the manual doesn't say whether this is to be done or not. Anyhow, after that, when I press OK, on the gauge editor dialogue box, which I assume I need to do to save the changes to the gauge, or repack the cab, or whatever it does, I get an error. I don't have my home computer with me right now so I can't give the error verbatim, but it's something about not being able to write the file name, system cannot find file...". Needless to say, no changes are saved.

I'm finding this very frustrating, as I bought this product specifically to do these kinds of edits to the default aircraft. I expect I'm just not using it properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ed Struzynski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Struzynski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2003 at 5:13pm
Yes, you need to save your changes in Notepad. FSPS then determines if the file has changed before re-creating a new cab.

Without the error message I can't really help. Make sure the files aren't open in another editor and that the source CAB file is not set read-only.

You can forward more info to support@fspanelstudio.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic