SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > BN-2 Islander Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem reinstalling Islander.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Attwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem reinstalling Islander.
    Posted: December-10-2017 at 7:28pm
Trying to install the Islander but run into a dead end at 99%. It gets to \sound\DeadPixl\SND32.wav and refuses to go any further. I've tried starting from scratch several times (had to get a reactivation) to no avail.
W7 Pro 64bit
Anti-virus disabled
I've re-downloaded it just to be sure.
I've run out of ideas. Smile
Ron Attwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Attwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2017 at 3:48pm
Stand down everyone. All sorted via the excellent ticket system. Thumbs Up
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2017 at 3:24pm
Glad I could help you out Ron. Happy Flying!
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
511Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 511Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 3:28pm
I'm having exactly the same problem as Ron, but can't find the ticketing system.

I had to re-download after moving FSX to a new PC.
511Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 511Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 3:52pm
Further to my last message. This old brain has found where and how to raise a ticket now.

Den.

511Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 511Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2018 at 6:37am
Are these forums live? I raised a ticket 3 days ago, and haven't received an answer.

Confused
511Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 511Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 6:40am
The "excellent ticket system" that Ron found helpful, has gone awol. However, I have solved the problem myself.

The installation defaulted to the desktop, so I pointed it to my FSX folder. It then ran until it stalled at a late stage. I then decided to let the download go to the desktop and then try to install it manually from there.

All the separate folders appeared. I then unpacked them, and as I tried to install them, I found that they were already there. All except the sound folder. I then opened the sound folder and copied the contents into my FSX Sound folder.

I fired up FSX, selected the Islander from my very extensive aircraft list, and lo and behold it appeared in all its glory. It all worked as expected, so I'm happy.

If anybody else has problems with re-installing, try this method. It might be the answer.

Den.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic