SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prepar3D V4.5 custom key to Toggle Vsync on off?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prepar3D V4.5 custom key to Toggle Vsync on off?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prepar3D V4.5 custom key to Toggle Vsync on off?
    Posted: February-14-2020 at 5:40pm
OK I've ask this on Prepared forum too but no response yet.

It strikes me that being able to toggle Vsync on and off in Prepar3D with the keyboard would be very useful instead of having to go into graphics user interface . I suppose it would be called a custom key command. There is no command in controls GUI called 'toggle Vsync'. So what I'm asking is if there is a way to add using the SDK of something like that?
i7 8086K @5.3ghz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill DDR4 2 x 8GB 4400mhz 18-19-19, 2080ti, 3 x 1TB Samsung 970 Plus
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2020 at 8:14am
Not without a control hook that a external program can access, or, tied to the internal hardware key/button assignment system. Anything like that would have to be designed specifically by LM.
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2020 at 6:13pm
Thanks for replying Nick. I was looking at running the sim with triple buffering off because I found that Vsync pretty much keeps my FPS at 30fps even when my display is set to 60hz. The up side being that if I switch to an external view to admire it. I get 60fps the external view. the down downside is that if the FPS drops to 27 or so or less with triple buffering i'm down to 15fps. if I turn vsync I get back to 20+ FPS. so enough for landing. I know its a matter of choosing one's poison. But I figure if I had the ability to toggle vsync on off without entering the GUI that would be handy.Big smile
i7 8086K @5.3ghz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill DDR4 2 x 8GB 4400mhz 18-19-19, 2080ti, 3 x 1TB Samsung 970 Plus
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2020 at 8:22pm
Is your monitor running 30Hz? If not that's where you are running into issues
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2020 at 1:04am
Sure that's how I typically run. 30hz, Vsync, TB and unlimited. But I like to experiment here and there.Big smile
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2020 at 2:45pm
Ok then try switching the monitor to 60Hz and see what it does. Remember to reboot the computer after that change before testing.

They do so much screwing around with the internals every dump its difficult to say your specific install with addons is best run one way or another. You have work with it and find out however typically running 30hz on the monitor is the way to go. Doesn't mean its right for every single user out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic