SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Partial ground textures blurries popping up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Partial ground textures blurries popping up.
    Posted: April-05-2012 at 2:57am
Hi,

Issue: Partial ground textures blurries.

Some parts of the ground textures are becoming blurred as flying over them, then maybe sharpening correctly again, and then getting blurred again...
Different parts, here and there, more visible when flying at lower altitudes.
For example, flying out of Innsbruck, some parts on the mountains or the fields get blurry.
The overall ground textures are clear but as said, some parts get blurry annoyingly. Can this be impooved so that it ground textures are all sharp?

I don't know if this is normal and other have the same problem too but clear textures are very important to me to enjoy flying.
Could it be the settings of Fibre Frame Time Fraction or Texture Bandwidth Multiplier? (I tried a little bit changing them but with no results).
My current settings are:
Fibre Frame Time Fraction: 0.40
Texture Bandwidth Multiplier: 80

Or, could it be the hardware? (Its overall performance is very good).
My spec:
CPU: i5 2500k o/c at 4,5 ghz
RAM: 8 GB (7-7-8).
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3.
Screen: LG flatron W2361V, 22 in.

Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Christos

paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 3:33am
probebly others will respond but first of all try
to let your system made a new cfg file
and check if you have your memory in the bios set with the right figures 7-7-8 etc
after a new cfg file set also under grafics
highmemfix=1
and see if it helps
paula
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 6:28am
Highmemfix=1 is already included in my cfg file.
As for checking my bios about the 7-7-8 memory I don't know how to do this.

Christos

Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 6:49am
Just checked it.
In bios it is also 7-7-7-20. (not 7-7-8 as I stated earlier).

Christos

Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 6:50am
do u have nvidia inspector installed ???
and if u do did u follow NickN Instructions ????
and if u dont i would try install inspector
link
Which video Driver r u using ???
Texture band width should not cause that
Darryl
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 7:03am
Yes, nvidia inspector already installed (version 1.9.6.3.) and Nick's instructions applied.
Video Driver: 285.62 WHQL.

Would maybe a newer driver 29x.xx help?
Any suggestion?

Christos

Flying Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 3:08pm
I would install the 275.33 driver, using a clean install.
Best regards, Jaap.
Flying Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 3:10pm
Any driver later than 275.33 seems to cause nothing but
problems with FSX.
Best regards, Jaap.
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2012 at 6:30pm
What Dutchman Said
JimBeamBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 12:15am
Howdy y'all! I'm having this pop-in too, although it seems to be expected I would like to try some tweaking.

Can anyone tell me where the main config file is for FSX?

I found my saved cfg's in the My Documents folder under "Flight Sim X files" but these are just saved configs that I made. I would like to try adding the Highmemfix=1 line to my cfg to see if it helps for pop-in's I'm having.

I have my graphics cranked up pretty high (mostly ultra) but it runs pretty smooth (some micro stutters when scenery loads from the outside cam), However I have 12 gigs of very fast DDR3 an I7 running at 3.6 and a GTX580 so I'm hoping to maybe smooth things out a bit more.

thanks

EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 2080 RTX ; Creative Audigy Rx ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 ; LG 2560x1080 Ultrawide
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 12:39am
u have to the control panel 1st, click on folder Options, then scroll down to show hidden files and folder Put a Check in it,
then go to start menue, click on/open users name / Appdata,Roaming, microsoft, FSX CFG is their
Darryl
paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 3:09am
after checking the bios, did you renewed the cfg file?
because I had done that too and after it, it was better but some others dont
so give it a try.
its not much work and give you a fresh cfg file with sometimes a better result
due to hidden complications which we never will understand why.

paula

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by paula paula wrote:

after checking the bios, did you renewed the cfg file?
because I had done that too and after it, it was better but some others dont
so give it a try.
its not much work and give you a fresh cfg file with sometimes a better result
due to hidden complications which we never will understand why.

Paula, I know you working with the OP but I was wondering, to make a new cfg do you just delete the old one then restart the sim?

thanks
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 2080 RTX ; Creative Audigy Rx ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 ; LG 2560x1080 Ultrawide
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 11:13pm
JimBeam
yes just delete the old CFG or better yet just rename it OrigFsx.cfgOrig it will ask if u want to change it frm .CFG to .CFGOrig say YES
exit out , i would reboot ,,, then when booted up wait about 5 min for all to load and windows to do its thing, then start FSX and u r on ur way again
Darryl
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2012 at 3:00pm
Installed the 275.33 driver. The problem still exists but is a little better.
Has anyone tried the 29x.xx?
How is it in comparison with the 275.33?

Christos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2012 at 3:32pm
I'm using the 296.10, took some tweaking but I am running everything on max and getting about 30fps.

I still get some popins and some blurrys but it's working much better after tweaking out my cfg a bit. I posted some screenshots in the screenshot section and listed all the add-ons I'm using.

this is my system:

EVGA X58 3X sli Classified E770 BIOS 82 ; intel i7 950@ 3.4gig/CoolerMaster Hyper N620 ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 12GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) @9,9,9,24 1T 1700 ; EVGA GTX580 SC; Creative X-Fi Titainium Pro ;450gig WD SATA 6.0 Raptor/System installed with Windows 7 64bit Pro/600gig WD SATA 6.0 Raptor Games ; 1TB WD/storage Programs and video ; Happauge WinTV-HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF-X 942 ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake BlacXse USB hub/drive extender ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack HotSwapabale AHCI activated ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit ; Turtal Beach 5.1 surround headphones

haven't tried older drivers as I play a TON of games and need the latest one. Also I use the 3D glasses sometimes so I need the newer drivers for that too.

paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2012 at 3:34pm
I have the latest driver but went back to the 275 one for one reason and that is
the color change setting in nvidia control.
after the 275 it aleays jumbed back and the 275 stays there.
but further I didnot notice any differences.
I think it has to do with the fact I only use fsx and no games.

I tweaked a lot due to blurries and stutters and hickups and slow loading etc.
I am now all settled with a few tweaks which were after a lot of testing the best for me.
I will give it to you for info and if you want to try go ahead.
its for everyone different
I have 3 monitors 24inch for the scenery and cockpit via tripple head to go
and gtx460 and also 1 monitor with a gtx460 for applications.
I did try the SLI version but that was not great. so went back to 3htg.
processor is oc 4.2ghz i7 .
cfg file cleaned and than added aff.mask =14
 bufferpools  uespools=0
water 2xhigh and frame time etc 0.18
nvidia inspector 8xs plus 2 grid
thats all and works like magnetic rail train

paula
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2012 at 4:27pm
Paula,
what is this bufferpools userpools exactly doing? And how is it exactly formatted within the cfg. file?
After all your tweaking you have no blurries at all?
My general picture is clear but as the autogen loads small parts of the ground texture keeps blurrying, sharpening and then maybe blurrying again.
Do you have constantly clear ground textures?
Can you attach a picture?

Christos

paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2012 at 5:17pm
to have the details of understanding there might be a lot of people who could explain
but to be practible you have to start in the cfg file
you put there
[Bufferpools]
usepools=0
[Jobscheduler]
affinitymask=14
it send the data from the cpu direct to the grafic card without buffering those data.
it will give you much more fps and smoothniss, the grafic cards nowadays are powerfull enough.
Go to the fsx and put your internal limiter on 25, no extern one that seems to give for most of the people stutters.
set your nividia on 8xs
you can find the total settings from this forum somewhere where Nick put his bible.
dont forget to set the water at 2x high in fsx and there you go
paula

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2012 at 5:30pm
Christos, try this setting in your cfg also if you have a widescreen monitor:

From this:
WideViewAspect=False

To this:
WideViewAspect=True

this helped me a LOT, it seems that even though I had my res set to 1980x1050 in the settings it was still set to False. It it seems to help load textures farther away from your plane as your aspect changes in the game.
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 3:24am
Entering usepools=0 helped a lot in clearing the ground textures!
Now, as aircraft mooves and autogen buildings etc keep popping up, so does the clarity of the ground scenery. Once clear they do not become blurred again. Very much improved!

Overall system looks stable. I get only some momentary spikes especially in chasing mode panning around the aircraft. Normal?
Question: Are we maybe overstressing the graphics card too much with danger of making harm?

BTW: My WideViewAspect=True is already set.

Thanks,
Christos

Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 3:36am
Buffer poole will make the video card work a little harder Phyle talor Has a post/topic out about it, and the spikes will happen, ,,, and also after panning around a few times they should go away,, Buffer pooles can be part of the problem ,,, as for the spikes,,  some addon scenery and auto gen set to high on the slider can cause spikes too 
I too use the 560 Ti,,, and Yes a larger card will help ,,,, 560 ti is the is as low as anybody should go ,,, For FSX the larger video cards have more video mem ,,, and processing cores , obviusly the more the better,,, the 680 would be a evenbetter card
Darryl
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 3:46am
Points above are correct.
However my 560 Ti card has a 2 GB memory. Not enough?
Would a 680 card make a noticeable difference?

Christos

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 12:14pm
your 560Ti video card is considered a 'budget core' card and as such regardless of the amount of video memory you will be restricted in performance as compared to a GTX 570/580 and @ 4.5Ghz you are effectively bottlenecking that ti video card as you push scenery and better payware aircraft

The 680's are new and have driver related issues at present. I would also be very cautious about planting a 680 card on a older motherboard
paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 12:36pm
christos,

did you set your tbm to 40 and fiber to 0.25?
what are your settings in autogen
I put mine both on dense
because with all the nice scenery nowadays it is enough
perhaps you could enclose the cfg file

paula
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 5:00pm
Autogen settings both at "dense".
I found that with my sysytem tbm at 80 and fiber at .40 works best for me.

I suppose that I have reached all there is with my system. To be honest I am quite happy with it.

Thanks for all your support,
Christos

Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 1:05pm
A question for Nick:
Would a 570/580 card help in reducing blurries at places where they appear now with my ftx 560 ti card since, as I believe, I have reached all my limits with tweaking, tbm and fibre?

Thanks,
Christos

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 4:59pm
I think a card change will help..  but you had to push FFTF up to 40 to get clear textures?

That reads to me something may be pounding the CPU time.
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 5:23pm
Nick, thanks for your reply.
Finally a setting of FFTF=.10 and btm=80 does even better in sharpening the ground textures.

Which card would you recommend?

I would like very much to see how the ground textures are clearing up (from chase view) with a computer running fine.
Could somebody maybe attach a small video as he is flying with a jet at about 5-6000 ft, clear skies?
Static pictures will not help. Only a video. Someone?

Christos

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 5:54pm
At 4.5GHz and 7-7-8 memory timing, I assume that is DDR3 1600..   you would be able to take full advantage of a GTX 580.. I would not run any lower than a GTX 570. If this is single monitor system then 1.6GB of video memory is far more than enough.

pj_3 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pj_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 9:27pm
Hi Christos: (if I might interject a point or two into the already expert responses you have here!)

1). The 570 or the 580 will give you noticeable improvement over the 560Ti.
2). If you get flashing with BP being at "0", you can set it to "1", with a 10meg pool size and a small reject threshold, like so:-

PoolSize=8388608
RejectThreshold=131072 or 262144

Water at @ High 2.x will also help here.

3). I like a FFTF of 0.1 - 0.15 - these HighPerf machines can use it.

4). Running at 30 fps and TML at 1024, a TexMaxLoad=3, your TBM should be 160:-

[Graphics]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

[Display]
TextureMaxLoad=3,
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=160

The last note I have is that the latest (beta) GPU driver is 301.24, and with it (via Inspector v1.9.6.4) comes the ability to use (in the Common section) "Vertical Sync Tear Control" - select "Adaptive", and set "Vertical Sync" at "1/2 Refresh Rate".

Edit: - Just found Nick's post:-

http://www.simforums.com/forums/different-scenarios-different-settings-thats-how_topic41798_post245097.html#245097

I've been using this since yesterday, and it works well.

Hope you can use this.
i7-4790K@48; 1.29v; 45 cache, 16g GSkill Tr.X C10-1T@2400; GTX780; Maxim. VII Hero; EK-Supreme HF Nickel Water
Per Nick's Guide

W7-64; TH2G; Chippy 'pit; MD80-style TQ; TIR5: DX10

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 11:03pm
you can get rid of TextureMaxLoad=3  its silly even being in the config and drop your TBM to 120

pj_3 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pj_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 11:50pm
It's bedtime, Nick!

I found this

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-tweaks-demystified_topic37948.html
a couple of months ago, Nick, and have used at - and experimented with it since then. It ties with another link - a spreadsheet over at the DigitalThemePark here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGi-6dY72QqdG1DaXp6YlRWRjg2eFRxdGE1aVhoNXc#gid=10. It gives me a 'baseline' for a TBM which is more than just a guess, which is the advice most folks on all forums give.
Thoughts?
i7-4790K@48; 1.29v; 45 cache, 16g GSkill Tr.X C10-1T@2400; GTX780; Maxim. VII Hero; EK-Supreme HF Nickel Water
Per Nick's Guide

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2012 at 7:16am
oh god not that again

Ya know what... that so called 'math' is great, problem is it doesnt mean a hill of beans to FSX because the person who wrote it does not know squat about how FSX works

FSX ignores any figure in TBM that is not a multiple of 5 and the lowest value possible is 10, the highest 400. If the sim finds a value that is out of range it defaults back to 40 regardless of what is in the config, and, if the sim is set internally to unlimited frame lock TBM is ignored completely

In other words when he posted a TBM of '57' the sim defaulted back to 40 which means all his calculations mean nothing! There is a lot more WRONG with that thread/post than I ever wanted to get involved with which is why I stayed out of it and let the math 'experts' spin their wheels LOL

you can set it to what ever you want..  TBM should be either 40, 80 or 120..   pick one based on the video memory of the card, then set it and forget it and leave TextureMaxLoad out of the config, which by the way is set to a default of 6 in FSX and a default of 3 in FS9.

EDIT: I may delete that entire thread and get it out of here..  its a pile of convoluted nonsense!

- Flashing textures (no need for HIGHMEMFIX)
HIGHMEMFIX has nothing to do with flashing textures   Wink
pj_3 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pj_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2012 at 11:10am
Oh heck.... you mean I spent days/weeks going over this math to verify it, time after time and it's no good???? Cheesh!...

By all means - delete it. I got myself into a real long one because of this thread, over at Avsim, and some of it turned sour.

Anyway, Nick - I'm so glad I came back here. Thanks for this.

Now a whole load more figuring...

I guess I'm one of the more fortunate. This proc clocks well and I have a 580... Thanks again.
Per Nick's Guide

Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2012 at 2:55am
The screen seems to make a "wave", moving from up to down and especially visible at the lower part of the screen.
Is there something to do about this to fix it?

Christos

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2012 at 9:07am
wave?

That could be 'image tearing" which indicates Vsync is not working
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2012 at 9:20am
Yes, kind of a thin "wave". Sorry can not describe it better.
It takes the whole width of the screen, appears at the lower 1/3 of the screen and goes down. Goes quite fast and wherever the peak of this wave is the picture alters a little bit.

My setting at nvidia inspector is Vertical Sync = Force on.

Maybe we can overcome this later once the new 301.24 WHQL driver is released along with the additional inspector settings.

Anything that can be done now?

Thanks,
Christos

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2012 at 10:06am
If Vsync isnt working then I would suspect Nv Inspector is not working at all in this system
Are you using the beta 301 driver? and if so is the setting Vertical Sync Tear Control set to STANDARD?
Christos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2012 at 10:47am
I am using the 275.33 drive.

Christos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic