SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5
    Posted: June-14-2017 at 3:54am
I will be testing OpusFSI v5 with the above combination this week. If necessary I will post an update that is fully compatible. I am also looking into developing a 64-bit version of the P3DSERVER program. As mentioned before, OpusFSI v5 has been developed with this sort of upgrade in mind.

I will keep you informed here.

Stephen :-)

P.S.

OpusFSI v5 is compatible with P3Dv4, just use the P3D program argument with the FSISERVER start up program to select and run in DotNet 4 P3D mode. I may need to post an update for the above combo with FSUIPC5.
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2017 at 4:45am
Thanks Stephen. Look forward to it :)
Julian
Opus, GEX, UTX, FEX GTN750 Super Kingair P3D Supporter
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2017 at 7:38am

P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5 ... All working very well with OpusFSI v5

I can confirm that OpusFSI v5 appears to be working just fine with both P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5. The OpusPDK will of course not be compatible so should not be used. However, the FSUIPC5 interface and OpusFSI DWC (Dynamic Wind Control) appears to be functioning very well.

Stephen Thumbs Up
NAX View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2017 at 2:40pm
Can also confirm that it works with WX Radar incl. Windshare on the prosim737 model

-------------
NAX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2017 at 2:45pm
Thanks NAX. I'm still looking into preparing a 64-bit option to make use of the new P3Dv4 SimConnect library and possibly the new PDK.

gjharrall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 2:31pm
So using v5 with P3D v4 I should have the PDK option NOT checked? Jut want to make sure this is the case.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 10:28am
That's correct, just use SimConnect interface without PDK until I've had a chance to develop and take a look at benefits of using the new 64-bit LM PDK.

RCFlyer51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCFlyer51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 8:44pm
Stephen:

Are you still planning to use the LM PDK interface?  I assume I am to continue using V5 with the SimConnect interface.

Danny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2017 at 3:08am
I am currently developing a new OpusPDK for P3D4 so hopefully yes. Nearly ready to start testing.

Flakster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2018 at 5:22am
Is there a plan to update both the Single PC and Networked installation guides for OpusFSI_v5, P3Dv4.x and FSUIPC5 to keep them up-to-date and relevant, reducing configuration issues during the initial installation phase ? .. That would be useful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2018 at 6:55am
Hi,

What sections of the GS Guides are you referring to? They do mention OpusFSI v5 and P3D4, I think FSUIPC is mentioned without a 4 or 5 version code.

Are you referring to the installed guides or the ones on our website, might be I’ve forgotten to update the installed ones.

Stephen
Flakster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2018 at 7:49am
The english pdf files .. time wasters.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2018 at 7:55am
I will take a look. Recommend you refer to the latest htm guides on our web page for now.

Stephen
Flakster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2018 at 7:58am
.. or just remove the obsolete pdf option from the home page and we'll all save our time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2018 at 8:34am
It’s only the ‘Download English PDF’ links within the guide’s HTM pages that is wrong and referring to an old PDF file. The PDF and HTM links on our web pages and the installed PDFs are all up to date.

So we are going to remove all the ‘Download English PDF’ button links within the HTM guide’s pages. Too much of a pain to remember to keep changing them, so they will be removed.

The actual ‘direct’ HTM and PDF links on our Downloads Page are fine.

Stephen
Flakster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2018 at 3:57pm
That sounds like a sensible plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic