SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedP3D V5 saved me spending dollars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3D V5 saved me spending dollars
    Posted: May-23-2020 at 5:00am
I’ve had V5 for over a week no and it’s running flawlessly no CTD and no stutters. I’ve locked my 60hz TV to 30hz and its like butter smooth. I’ve seen alot of posts on Avsim and Facebook about people having a nightmare with V5. Very opposite for me though! Maybe because my system was built by nicks guides ;)

I was almost going to spend thousands on upgrading my i74770k Asus Z87–A MB but for now i will stick with my 7 year old system and my brand new GTX1080ti because the performance I’m getting is very good and V5 is now using more of the GPU.

Anyone else save throwing money in the pit by upgrading to V5 or will i still need to upgrade my system in the near future? I’m just wanting to squeeze my hardware for atleast another few years. What you guys think?

Will Nick release another V5 run down settings and also Nvidia settings?
Overclocked Intel Core i7-4770k Quad Core, ASUS Z87-A EVGA GTX 980ti
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 5:54am

No, Nick won't. Good luck and may the force be with you.

A week huh? If it is that good then why would need me?
Driver170 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 6:02am
How can i argue with Nick haha. I better just shut up!

I was just thinking does the Nvidia settings you posted for V4 still hold true for V5? And is Nvidia 1/2 vsync still useless...
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 6:05am
You tell me?

I thought it was all running flawlessly for you?

Why would you ask?
Driver170 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 6:17am
Its just to see what else my system can benefit from and to improve my performance even more so i can back down my 4.2ghz overclock 
cal2177 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 8:50am
I've found V5 to be a performance improvement over V4. The CTD thing has reared its ugly head lately but I may have figured out why. Maybe. Other than that, my V4 settings carried over to V5 (with a couple of changes) and I'm at the point now that I don't think V5's performance improvement is worth the money if you already have V4.5 running well. I'm assuming that the Mustang and B200 will be made compatible with V5. If not, I'm going back to V4.5.

Your mileage may vary.
John Patterson
Driver170 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 9:12am
V5 is just the start of something great. Maybe i’m the lucky few that doesn’t see performance hit or CTD? Either way i’m happy with V5 and its been a successful move.

I don’t run any addon aircraft’s so my frames are definitely better as i have a homecockpit 
cal2177 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 9:38am
And that is the key with any FS. And any addons someone adds should be chosen carefully. And choosing addons based on ones system's capabilities is of the utmost importance. I think a lot of performance issues arise when custom scenery is added. Especially custom airport scenery. I don't run any custom scenery or airports except Ultimate Terrain and Ground Environment. ActiveSky weather enhancements might constitute scenery too.

Another problem arises when the user focuses on the FPS counter and the first thing I advise people is to turn the darned thing off.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2020 at 3:41pm
Doesn't read like anyone needs me. Its flawless, its perfect, no stutters.

I cant fix other developers duck'ups or their issues with a new platform. Nor can I fix stupid users who can't seem to step back and get their addon addiction and settings issues through their heads.  

One thing is for certain. No one who tosses major hardware money at and buys major addons likes to admit their sim isn't running as well 'all the time' as the BS they post online about how beautiful it all looks and how great it runs "all the time".

When it runs great..   it looks and runs awesome. The rest of the time most of them leave that part out and are all certified:

Of course if they complain to their addon pusher, more that some of the time they get banned for complaining   LOL
Driver170 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 3:50am
not sure if TBM or FFTF is even needed anymore in V5? I haven’t added in any tweaks yet. Certainly happy with my performance on my 7 year old machine. Basically its all trial and error and finding the sweet spot :)
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 3:58am
Trial and Error?!!
I thought you already found the sweet spot!??

Originally posted by Driver170 Driver170 wrote:

I’ve had V5 for over a week no and it’s running flawlessly no CTD and no stutters. I’ve locked my 60hz TV to 30hz and its like butter smooth.

Thread closed

door/arse, move fast
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic