SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

P3D v4.5.14 and OpusFSi v4.73

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realkewl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3D v4.5.14 and OpusFSi v4.73
    Posted: November-29-2021 at 12:30pm
All,

It has been several years since I simmed, and today trying to get my sim back up and running. I upgraded my P3D to v4.5.14 from v4.4.16 and I noticed that OpusFSI v4.73 is not getting weather and just keep saying "connecting to grib server..."

Should I upgrade to OpusFSI v4.74?

Also when I clicked the close window for OpusFSI while in P3D I got an unhandled error about permission.

I am running Windows 10.

Thanks for the help,
real
Always, reaching for that higher ground
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2021 at 12:34pm
OpusFSI v4 is not compatible with P3Dv4.5 or P3Dv5 so you will need to purchase OpusFSI v6.

Also OpusFSI v4 is not compatible with the latest NOAA METAR and GRIB servers since they were upgraded some time ago. Only OpusFSI v5 and v6 are compatible with the new NOAA servers.

Regards
Stephen
realkewl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realkewl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2021 at 2:28pm
Awww thank you...that explains it. Will my license transfer to v6...if not no big deal...but will I have to setup all my airplanes again for head movement and stuff.

Thanks,
Ray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2021 at 4:40pm
The licence doesn’t transfer. You may be able to transfer your cam file across to v6. I will check what files tomorrow. Don’t delete your v4 install folder. OpusFSI v6 is installed in its own c:\OpusFSI_v6 folder so you won’t loose or corrupt any of your v4 setup or cam files.

I will let you know what to do tomorrow regarding transferring your cam file.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2021 at 4:12am
Hi Ray,

If you purchase OpusFSI v6 you should be able to transfer your old OpusFSI v4 cameras as follows,

1. First decide what CAM file you wish to copy. In OpusFSI v4 the CAM files are named to match the sim type, all located in your c:\OpusFSI install folder.

The FSXSERVER.CAM file contains all cameras defined for the FSX sim mode, the FSESERVER.CAM file contains all cameras defined for the FSX Steam sim mode, and the P3DSERVER.CAM file contains all cameras defined for the P3D sim mode.

2. Then copy the chosen CAM file across into your new c:\OpusFSI_v6 folder rename the file to P3DSERVER.CAM (there are now FSX or FSE modes in OpusFSI v6, it supports only P3Dv4.5+ and P3Dv5).

3. Run the OpusFSI v6 server program (P3DSERVER.EXE) in Admin Mode in the usual manner (see the Getting Started Guide for further advice).

4. Click on the 'Cameras' button to open the v6 Camera Management dialog. All your v4 cameras should now be listed.

5. Select and edit one of the camera views to make sure all is as it should be, including any DHM settings.

That's it. You may also be able to repeat the exercise for your PAN (Panning Sequences) and CMD (Shortcut Commands), these files have a .PAN and .CMD extension respectively.

Regards
Stephen 
realkewl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realkewl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2021 at 8:31pm
Thank you very much and yes I did buy v6.

Thanks,
Ray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2021 at 3:03am
Thanks Ray.

Stay safe.

Regards
Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic