SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software > EZdok Beta Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

P3D 4.5 HOTFIX !!! New EZCA here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2019 at 10:37am
Still problem to get P3D 4.5 hotfix and EZCA working!!
P3DV 4.5 without hotfix runs with EZCA after 10-12 simconnect tries.
Befor i had no trouble with ezca
rvanzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvanzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2019 at 6:01pm
Hello Marniftarr,

I renamed the EZCA3 folder and P3D launched just fine, closed the sim and named the folder back to original and now everything seems to be working.

Thanks
BruceR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2019 at 12:17am

I’m also having CTD during the opening page of P3D.  Today I uninstalled ‘Client’ and installed the new Client version 4.5.12.30293.  I then deleted the P3D.cfg and the Shaders Folder.

Next, I ran EZCA V3.0.1.68.exe and also the latest update from ActiveSky.  I rebooted and ran P3D as Administrator.  After about 30 seconds the P3D opening screen disappeared (in other words CTD) and an error message popped up.  This said “EZCA v3    P3D/FSX process not found.  Application can not run”.   

After reading your forums I decided to uninstall EZDOC v3.  After doing a fresh install of your v3, I then applied the EZCA V3.0.1.68 update.  I then ran P3D again and after a few seconds I was asked to change over the camera settings, which I did.  After another 20 seconds or so it CTD with the same error message.     

I read you wanted to try to see that happens after EZCA3 is renamed.  I renamed it EZCA3.OFF and tried to run P3D again.  It still CTD but I didn’t get the error message. 

After each crash I checked Event Viewer and had the same message each time.  The message is;

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.475, time stamp: 0x3230aa04

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000fb049

Faulting process id: 0x274

Faulting application start time: 0x01d50b91f3bfb67f

Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: f6bb7ea1-e5a1-401d-9398-ea4eadad326b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

Does this appear to be something to do the EZDOC, or do you think I should look elsewhere?  I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Bruce R 
BruceR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2019 at 4:03am
Re-message above;  I discovered what my problem was.  I read in a post by JJJackson in "The Prepar3d Forum" over at Avsim that WX Advantage Radar had caused P3D not to open.  As JJJackson suggested, I turned "off" MV_WXM.dll in my Modules folder and low and behold P3D opened.  Apparently WX Advantage Radar is yet to be updated for the hotfix.

Regards

Bruce R 
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by BruceR BruceR wrote:

After about 30 seconds the P3D opening screen disappeared (in other words CTD) and an error message popped up.  This said “EZCA v3    P3D/FSX process not found.  Application can not run”.
You'll see this message from EZCA whenever something prevents P3D from starting. EZCA waits until P3D is finished loading (usually at the scenario screen) and if it doesn't get there (or takes too long) it will give this error. Usually, if it takes too long, you can just use the EZCA menu (icon in the Notification area) and restart EZCA, then try to isolate what add-on is causing delays.

Thanks for posting the fix. Thumbs Up

Randy
Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2019 at 1:04pm
After another 20 seconds or so it CTD with the same error message.
This said “EZCA v3    P3D/FSX process not found.  Application can not run”.  
===
BruceR 
The EZCA v3    P3D/FSX process not found.  Application can not run" - is not a error. This is just message from EZCA code that Prepar3D.exe is not found in process list.
It mean that EZ will close. Then ezca.exe process is kill itself.
EZ can not working without P3d process.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2019 at 1:07pm
Guys ! Please try this method describe early:

If you have troubles with starting EZ V3 
 you can run EZCA v3 like V2  via launcher.exe

Do next steps for this: 

1. Copy  ezlauncher.exe from installed V2 folder to installed V3 folder. This file  must be placed in folder which placed ezca.exe (v3).

2. Then open exe.xml and rename EZCA.exe to ezlauncher.exe  in section EZdok camera addon v3. Should be like here:

<Path>C:\Program Files\EZCA3\ezlauncher.exe</Path>

After this , EZCA v3 will launch like V2 via launcher. 
It can fix bugs with Connecting with simconnect bug , and "Resh can not initialize"

Now i need to get some statistics about this method to fix autostart bugs. 

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Dieter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2019 at 7:18am
That Works for me now.
Thanks for your Support
Greetings
Dieter
jjlittler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjlittler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2019 at 8:35am
Does not work for me... same Sim connect issue

JJ
vons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2019 at 9:05am
Originally posted by jjlittler jjlittler wrote:

Does not work for me... same Sim connect issue

JJ

Which Ezdok version did you install?

How does the Simconnect problem present itself?
Vaughan Martell
jjlittler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjlittler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2019 at 9:08am
Hi Vaugan,

I installed 3.0.1.68 ran first time no probs. Then restarted PC> Ran into the same sim connect issue as always (hang at simconnect page) Copied the file and changed exe as above
"If you have troubles with starting EZ V3 
 you can run EZCA v3 like V2  via launcher.exe

Do next steps for this: 

1. Copy  ezlauncher.exe from installed V2 folder to installed V3 folder. This file  must be placed in folder which placed ezca.exe (v3).

2. Then open exe.xml and rename EZCA.exe to ezlauncher.exe  in section EZdok camera addon v3. Should be like here:

It can fix bugs with Connecting with simconnect bug , and "Resh can not initialize"

"
Still simconnect issue with hanging simconnect page. I have once again gone back to V2 with no issues at all.
JJ
vons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2019 at 9:13am

Hi Vaugan,

I installed 3.0.1.68 ran first time no probs. Then restarted PC> Ran into the same sim connect issue as always (hang at simconnect page) Copied the file and changed exe as above
"If you have troubles with starting EZ V3 
 you can run EZCA v3 like V2  via launcher.exe

Do next steps for this: 

1. Copy  ezlauncher.exe from installed V2 folder to installed V3 folder. This file  must be placed in folder which placed ezca.exe (v3).

"
Still simconnect issue with hanging simconnect page. I have once again gone back to V2 with no issues at all.
JJ

I went back to V2 also [until updates continue , end of summer Sept/Oct] but I have gone back and forth between V2 and v3 several times without a problem.

So, my thought is something on your system is causing the simconnect issue.

My question still is:
How does the Simconnect problem present itself?
The hang .. do you have a screenshot of the error?

Vaughan Martell
Pe11e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pe11e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2019 at 12:29am
Hello,

any news regarding menu for advanced camera shaking features, integrated in Effects Studio (as seen in the promo video)?

Thank you in advance!
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Pe11e Pe11e wrote:

Hello,

any news regarding menu for advanced camera shaking features, integrated in Effects Studio (as seen in the promo video)?

Thank you in advance!
Is this what you are referring to?

Randy
Pe11e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pe11e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by RRVyper RRVyper wrote:

Originally posted by Pe11e Pe11e wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance!
Is this what you are referring to?

Randy

Yes, thank you!
Not sure how I missed that post.
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2019 at 1:36pm
I don't think everything is enabled yet, though. Disapprove
Pe11e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pe11e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by RRVyper RRVyper wrote:

I don't think everything is enabled yet, though. Disapprove

Yeah, I tried few sliders on ground, few landings also to test, no change at all.
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2019 at 3:47pm
Not much happens on the ground other than head movement when turning or bumps on rough ground. But there are controls that are disabled. I think they are waiting on the manual to be updated.

JasonPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2019 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Marniftarr Marniftarr wrote:

Guys ! Please try this method describe early:

If you have troubles with starting EZ V3 
 you can run EZCA v3 like V2  via launcher.exe

Do next steps for this: 

1. Copy  ezlauncher.exe from installed V2 folder to installed V3 folder. This file  must be placed in folder which placed ezca.exe (v3).

Now i need to get some statistics about this method to fix autostart bugs. 

Does not work for me. Really considering giving up on this program!
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by JasonPC JasonPC wrote:

Does not work for me. Really considering giving up on this program!

Have you submitted a support ticket? 

Why not start a new thread and describe what the problem is? Give as many details as you can and version numbers of the software and which OS you are running. Paste the contents of the exe.xml, dll.xml and add-ons.cfg files found in 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

Maybe we can get it working for you.

Randy
JasonPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 10:17pm
I'm just sticking with the FSUIPC method right now as that seems to be the only way to get it to work. But as it's an unofficial workaround I'm crossing my fingers it will continue to work.
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 10:35pm
It should. Just be aware that if you run the Config Tool it might enable EZCA in the exe.xml file. Hopefully Marniftarr will adjust the startup code that affects some users. Thumbs Up
Boro Marrero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boro Marrero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2019 at 7:16pm
Hola a todos, para mi todo funcionando perfecto!!!

- P3D version: 4.5.12.30293 
- Active Sky version: 7070 OK y Sincronizado
- Ezca version: 3.0.1.68

Muchas gracias equipo EZCA, 

Saludos, buenas vacaciones!!!Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 3:38am
Hello guys ..
Thank you for testing the launch method through ezlauncher.
Statistics received. The  problem is in compatibility with some addons. It seems to me. I need to study this problem very, very deeply. It will take several weeks in early September. One way or another, the problem will definitely be fixed.
Now I do not waste time in vain. In the summer there will be several flying  sessions, approximately a few weeks with real airplanes. Airplanes from Lite to Mid will be available. These are real flights with hyroscopic sensors where I want to study the dynamics of the pilot's body in detail , then  to create advanced effects for the EXtm module for medium and heavy aircraft in the fall.
Periodically, in the summer I will go into this thread to learn about new problems.
Technical support works as usual - I will respond 2 times a week to your letters.
Good luck to everyone in flights .
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
vons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2019 at 12:11am
"I just did a poll on facebook"
Really?
Who all was invited?
Who uses facebook?

Vaughan Martell
ggerolamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggerolamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2019 at 3:35am
Originally posted by debbie1 debbie1 wrote:

I just did a poll on facebook...

lol SmileSmileSmileClapClapClap
...on the 'whole' facebook !!?
...or do you rather mean in a 'chaseplane group' ?WinkWinkWinkLOLLOL

Not really a representative survey, right?

greetings
ggerolamo
jjlittler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjlittler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2019 at 2:31pm
I've finally got my frustration limit with and end of my journey with EZCA 3... can someone please advise how I can get a refund for my purchase via flight1?

JJ
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 1:50am

I've finally got my frustration limit with and end of my journey with EZCA 3... can someone please advise how I can get a refund for my purchase via flight1?

JJ

https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic11744&KW=refund.html
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
dutchkip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchkip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 2:36am
All working fine for me. Only problem is at startup it is zoomed in to 100%.
Reset it to 40% and save it, but it's the same at next startup back to 100%.
Bottom-Gun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bottom-Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 7:04pm
Remove the check of the administration of TrackIR software to a trial.
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by dutchkip dutchkip wrote:

All working fine for me. Only problem is at startup it is zoomed in to 100%.
Reset it to 40% and save it, but it's the same at next startup back to 100%.
Are you in Edit mode when you are adjusting the zoom before saving (update camera set)? If so, try changing to a different category (e.g. outside camera) then back. Does the zoom correct itself?

Randy
freddy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2019 at 7:56pm
... and, of course, be sure to be running the software using "Run as Administrator", in case your changes are not being saved as a result of the software maybe not having elevated permissions.
Jock McIntyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock McIntyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2019 at 11:21pm
Folks.
In the absence of any support for some time, can I ask for some advice here, please.
I am running Prepar on 4.5 Hotfix.
EZCA is still on 3.0.1.66
In this status, the only issue I am experiencing is the zoom for the cameras.
This is annoying but quite flyable.

Reading through this Beta thread after the new EZCA update for the Hotfix, I am a little bit reluctant to install the update as there appears to be a number of issues that  could mean I have no EZCA at all.
Is it best just to sit on my configuration as is, until support is available to fix the new update, OR
update and attempt to 'fix' things to make it work as per some of the suggestions in this thread?
Could the 'fixes' be listed to make clearer until support is available?
I don't want to be left without EZCA.  Your suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers
Jock
Jock McIntyre
Melbourne, Australia
debbie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 1:42am
I switched to Chaseplane.  Been happy ever since. 
freddy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 2:27am
Jock,

I am running P3Dv4.5, but have not yet applied the hotfix. As such I have not updated EZdok (I'm on 3.0.1.66). As a result, EZdok is currently working for me. It is also successfully connecting to Active Sky (which I have also not updated). Etc etc. (I don't notice the zoom issue, because I do not use that feature.)

So, you could say that I am in a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" state.

Based on this, personally, I plan to wait a while. Once this, and other, forums "settle down" and I don't read so many "I am having this problem or that problem" threads, then I will probably go for the update(s).

But, ultimately, it's your call.
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Jock McIntyre Jock McIntyre wrote:

Folks.
In the absence of any support for some time, can I ask for some advice here, please.

Reading through this Beta thread after the new EZCA update for the Hotfix, I am a little bit reluctant to install the update as there appears to be a number of issues that  could mean I have no EZCA at all.
Is it best just to sit on my configuration as is, until support is available to fix the new update, OR
update and attempt to 'fix' things to make it work as per some of the suggestions in this thread?
Cheers
Jock

Hi!
You can before installing the update .68 make a backup of the entire ProgramFiles/EZCA folder. If something breaks with the update, you can always return the old version from the backup folder.
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Jock McIntyre Jock McIntyre wrote:

Folks.

Cheers
Jock
Jock,
I have installed the latest beta (build 68) to support ASP4 B7070 and am not seeing any issues apart from not being able to use Simple Zoom (just scrolling the mousewheel), but that issue has been there since the beginning. Zoom via the - and = keys (or a joystick hat, which I use) works as usual. If you are having a different zoom issue (I suspect you are) explain what you are seeing and maybe we can solve it. It is most likely not caused by EZCA. Also, the fix really depends on the issue one is having.

The update process is fairly straightforward - download the file (your AV program will typically scan it at this time to ensure it is safe), disable your AV so it does not interfere with the install, right-click the downloaded file and select properties and Unblock at the bottom, press OK, right-click the file again and select Run as Administrator. After the Config Tool runs you should be good to go. You can re-enable your AV program at this time. Of course, every AV program is different but you should have the EZCA and P3D folders in your exemption list. It's always good to reboot after making software changes, too.

Then fire up P3D. EZCA will attempt to communicate with P3D (you'll see it show up in the taskbar on each attempt) and once you reach the scenario screen, EZCA will be active. I would also suggest keeping the default F22 @ KVPS Rwy 19 scenario as default and just change it after the scenario screen loads up. I also use the default scenario as my initial test of any changes I make.

Bottom line is - if you have it working OK now, running the updater won't cause it to stop working.

Randy

P.S. I am using Windows 10.

Edit: Config Tool only runs automatically on initial install.
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by freddy_ freddy_ wrote:

Jock,

I am running P3Dv4.5, but have not yet applied the hotfix. As such I have not updated EZdok (I'm on 3.0.1.66). As a result, EZdok is currently working for me. It is also successfully connecting to Active Sky (which I have also not updated). Etc etc. (I don't notice the zoom issue, because I do not use that feature.)

So, you could say that I am in a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" state.

Based on this, personally, I plan to wait a while. Once this, and other, forums "settle down" and I don't read so many "I am having this problem or that problem" threads, then I will probably go for the update(s).

But, ultimately, it's your call.
freddy_, I have found that Hotfix 1 was a huge improvement for me. I was having low FPS at (Aerosoft) EDDF with Orbx Germany after updating from v4.4 to v4.5. All is running smooth now. I always do the full update (Client, Content and Scenery) and delete my Prepar3D.cfg file as well as Shaders.

Randy
Jock McIntyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock McIntyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 10:32pm
Folks
Thank you for your very detailed responses.

Nick:- I saved out the EZCAV3 folder as you suggested to be sure, to be sure.
Randy:-Did the update EZCA as per your instructions.  I am now sitting on Ver 3.0.1.68.
As far as I can make out all is good.  If I press down on my 'Middle Mouse' button and roll it, I can zoom in and out.  I think I have always had that feature in V3.  All my cameras seem to be good.
One thing you didn't mention was running the EZCA config tool after installation.  I didn't (because some of the issues with the update seem to be around 'config'), but I suspect you should.  Your thoughts, please.

So, I am very happy and thanks again for your support.
Cheers
Jock McIntyre
Melbourne, Australia
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2019 at 10:36am
Jock, I mistakenly stated the Config Tool would run after the update. That only happens after the initial install. Running the Config Tool (as Administrator) should not cause any issues and must be run after installing or updating add-on aircraft. In your case, since you are only updating EZCA you should be fine, if no aircraft have been installed/updated since the last run. Thumbs Up

Randy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic