SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OpusFSX not sarting after reinstall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter VO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OpusFSX not sarting after reinstall
    Posted: March-05-2021 at 11:17am
Hello,

I just had to reinstall FSX on two PCs serving me as outer view, using OpusFSI (FSX) as client and as server on a P3Dv3 machine. After reinstall of the two clients one is working, the other gives me this error (FSX+SP1+SP2 on both):

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'bx' threw an
 exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module 
could not be found. [Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) 
at bx..cctor() 
---End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ch.a(String[] A_0)

I understand surely a file is not found, but it is rather cryptic to know which one...

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks,

Peter
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 11:20am
You need to install the Microsoft SimConnect library. Use our supplied msi program.

Stephen
Peter VO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter VO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 11:32am
Done... no luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 11:35am
Did you install our supplied Microsoft SimConnect msi then reboot.

What does the error message say.

You should also install all our supplied VC Redist packages.

I assume you are referring to OpusFSI v5.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 11:39am
 System.TypeInitialisationException error

For OpusFSI v6 you need .NET v4.7.2.

For OpusFSI v5 you need .NET v2 for FSX (and P3Dv3.3 or earlier) and .NET v4 for P3Dv3.4 onwards, and SimConnect to be installed for OpusFSI and its SimConnect links to work. 

You can check what versions of .NET you have installed in Control Panel by selecting Settings, System, Apps and features, then search for .NET and a list of installed versions will be displayed. For older operating systems you can check what versions of .NET you have installed by checking your c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework or Framework64 folders. You should see a v2.0.xxxxx folder in addition to the v4.0.xxxxx folder. 

In the case of SimConnect, first make sure you have installed FSX or P3D along with its SP2 or installed the FSX Acceleration version, SimConnect is installed automatically with it. 

If you have mislaid or corrupted your SimConnect then you can try re-installing it for FSX (or P3Dv3.3 or earlier) using the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.msi file within your OpusFSI_v5 folder. 

For P3D we supply SimConnect_v3.4 dll. Copy and rename (to OpusFSI_v5 folder) if that is needed, otherwise the FSI startup program will copy and rename the v3.4 dll automatically when no LM dll exists. 

Alternatively use the FSISERVER.EXE program argument P3D2 (or P3D30, P3D31, P3D32, P3D33) for OpusFSI_v5. 

The FSISERVER program arguments P3D (or P3D4, P3D3, P3D34 onwards) select the .NETv4 variant of SimConnect and SlimDX for OpusFSI_v5.

The error normally indicates missing libraries.

Stephen

Peter VO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter VO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 12:16pm
Hello Stephen,

thanks for your replies. I did 2 fresh installs (Win10 Pro) on two machines. No antivirus, Defender deactivated. Windows features identical (.NET 3.5 and 4.8, no need for 2.0)

Installed fresh FSX (+SP1 and SP2) on both...
Installed fresh Opus (yes v5, although copying EXE and DLL should have been enough, according to manual, but master machine being P3D, I did not)

One works, one does not...
Installed every available VCredist 2005->2019 (to make sure not to break anything, also on both machines)-> on machine still working fine

Made sure .NET versions were installed (btw v2 does not install on W10, but that did not make a difference on the working machine)
Starting with "...FSICLIENT.EXE fsx" 

in registry of both machines, Simconnect in same place, with same version number 

Grrr... this must be windows

Peter VO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter VO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 12:17pm
Stephen, 

you talk about which kind of libraries ?

Regards,
Peter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 12:22pm
Have you fully updated windows and rebooted afterwards.

Type init errors mean there’s libraries missing. It’s normally what you get when SimConnect is not installed.

Did you install in c:\OpusFSI_v5 root folder.

What do you get if you run FSISERVER.EXE P3D

Stephen
Peter VO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter VO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 12:39pm
Hi Stephen,

do I have to run FSISERVER P3D on the client-machine ? On the server side that is what I do.

Yes, I did not change the directory, and the directory is shared...

No other add-ons are installed, since I did a fresh restart and I'm blocked.

I just tried to run the SimConnect installer in the OpusFSI_v5 directory, no luck (I should have uninstalled/removed the old/other one?). On the working machine I have v60905, 61242 and 61259 (well, on the non working one same thing)

You don't happen to use SQL, do you (I have seen strange installations on two identical machines, well, they were not identical after the SQL-installation) ?

Regards,
Peter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 12:43pm
You must run and install the Microsoft SimConnect MSI installer we have supplied. Of course all software and FSX shutdown while you install it.

I asked what happens, without running the sim, if you start FSISERVER in P3D mode on the cline then. Do you still get the same error.

FSX needs all dotNet 2 libraries. Microsoft SimConnect is also dotNet 2.

OpusFSI does not use sql.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 12:46pm
What other SimConnect?

There’s only the Microsoft one we supply, FSX mode won’t work with any other one, including the SP1 SimConnect. Hence, yes, try and uninstall it and then install the proper Microsoft SimConnect.

Stephen
Peter VO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter VO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 1:33pm
Hello Stephen,

We (well I) overlooked something...While I write you in English (I am dutch-speaking), as a matter of fact I have a french FSX-installation. I recovered the proper simconnect (which explains the different versions), uninstalled the other versions I tried (I looked in registry as well, some lines concerning simconnect erased). Fresh simconnect install (supplied by you with Opus)...

Well, I will make it short: YESSS

Thanks for the help Stephen.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 1:35pm
Excellent, well done.

Stay safe.

Stephen Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic