SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OpusFSX is quite simply... superb.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OpusFSX is quite simply... superb.
    Posted: October-02-2012 at 12:38pm
Having recently re-installed all my flight simulation software and coming back to the hobby after a couple of years hiatus, I was reminded at just how tiresome and awkward the third-party weather engines for FSX are. Yes, they boast colourful, swanky graphical UI's, and lots of buttons, settings, themes, options and features, but under all the razzmatazz and tinsel they are just slow, irritating and inadequate... I know, because I've bought them all.

I sat in my virtual C172, at Parking 3 GA-Small last week and thought to myself that there *MUST* be a better way. I remembered a small weather engine that I used to use in conjunction with FS2004 and wondered why there wasn't something similar to it for FSX... a Wx program with a small footprint, that did the sole job of feeding weather data into the sim and did it without distracting and convoluted user interfaces.

That's when I stumbled on OpusFSX through a Google search. And after using it, I won't go back to any other weather engine.

After everything else I have to do in life, like most people, I don't have alot of time for flight-simming. I grab a few minutes here or there, or the odd hour or two when I can. That's where OpusFSX's simplicity and speed comes in. Whether I have time for a full blown flight plan, or just a quick VFR sortie, basically all I have to do is CLICK... and GO! OpusFSX automatically loads with FSX; accurate (READ: what's actually outside my window) weather appears INSTANTLY right after FSX's standard loading bar finishes - not just overhead, but EVERYWHERE within a huge radius - and it even closes automatically when I shut FSX down! Really... what more could I want?

I don't want video memory hogging apps running in the background. I don't want weather downloading for several minutes *before* I can fly. I don't want weather injecting mid-flight with annoying updates which flash on the screen and kill the immersion factor. I don't want a pretty interface, a zillion pre-set themes to confuse me, and certainly not vague, evasive product support.

That's why I bought OpusFSX.

Thank you Opus Software for reminding me of how, when I launch FSX, all I do want is to enjoy the simplicity of just flying.
vince carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vince carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 3:39pm
You know what's great about this post ?? Smile  I am also a recent CONVERT from the 2 "big boys" in FS weather generation and I have been thinking about how to thank Opus.

Hangar34 has said it MUCH better than I could .... so I will say...

+ 1  Thumbs Up

P.S.
The recent postings from Nick N inspired me to revert back to FEX from REX and try his textures mentioned.  I love them and now use FEX once again ! Hug
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 3:27am
Thank you for the kind words. We will endeavour to keep it simple, keep improving, and hopefully keep the smile on your face. Big smile

Regards
Stephen and Cheryl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic