SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OpusFSI5 stopped working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrymc333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OpusFSI5 stopped working
    Posted: October-02-2018 at 6:26pm
OpusFSI was working okay in P3Dv4 but I was having some joystick problems so I deleted my fsuipc.ini file and set up my joysticks in Prosim737 and now Opus is no longer working.  I was wondering if Opus installs something in fsuipc.ini.  I tried reinstalling OpusFSI but got an error message that I had a newer version installed.  Could I get some help?

Jerry
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 12:15am
No need to reinstall as this is not a software problem. You should however install the latest release version if you haven’t already done so. The message is not a problem, it’s just telling you that you should uninstall first. Uninstall MUST use the proper program manager method and not simply delete.

So what do you mean opus is no longer working? Need more info.

Do you mean you’ve lost the response to button presses which is not surprising considering what changes you’ve made.

You should leave fsuipc on and simply disable its functions. Opus uses it for pausing the sim and Dynamic Wind Control.

As for joysticks. Simply make sure they’re enabled in the sim. Opus needs the button events from the sim. Open the opus Spy window, press your joystick buttons and make sure the button events are being received.

You may have inadvertently reordered your sticks. If so then you may need to use the Joystick option in the Live Camera dialog to remap them back to the order assumed within your camera views. See the LC Manual for details.

Stephen :-)
Jerrymc333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrymc333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 9:15am
Opus was not responding on my client computer.  I don't use joystick buttons for anything.  I use OpusFSI only for the Left and right views for P3Dv4 on a 2nd computer.  It started working again yesterday.  However, I usually have to restart Opus on both computers once the simulator has loaded and run the Live View Test before it will load the current time and weather on the client computer.  I also have to reopen the right side window even though I have saved the views.

Jerry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 9:24am
If you’ve saved the client views then they should be loaded automatically provided they have been associated with the selected aircraft on the client and the server is able to copy the cam file across onto the client.

You should check the above and make sure the cam file can be copied across. This will require full sharing and permissions on both systems and no blocking by AV or win defender software on either system.

If Live Weather is enabled on both, then the WTB file generated on the server should be accessible from the client system. Again, sharing and permissions will be needed to allow the client access to copy the wtb file into the clients host sim weather folder. So clock and weather sync will occur after the weather is generated and loaded by OpusFSI on the server. It will only appear on the client if the client is able to access and copy the servers generated wtb file.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 9:28am
So...

Check your sharing and all permissions on both PCs., ensure no AV or win defender running.
Check your clients cam file is copied onto the client after it has been edited.
Check your views have been assigned to the clients selected aircraft or All Aircraft.
Check to make sure the wtb file is copied onto the client and into the client sims weather theme folder after the weather is generated by OpusFSI on the server.

File access across the PCs and to the sim install folders is essential.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrymc333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 12:25pm
I turned off Norton 360 Antivirus and Firewall, updated the weather and now time and weather seem to have synchronized. The wind heading is 9 degrees off but the wind speed is the same.  I'm not sure what accounts for that.  I guess I need to disable Norton whenever I fly unless I can find a way to make it allow the files that need to be transferred.

I'm using Ultimate Traffic Live.  I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize the traffic on both computers?

Jerry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 12:31pm
You should always shutdown all AV software as they slow down all PCs which is the last thing you want. We do not sync traffic, you could look at WideTraffic if it’s available for P3D but beware it will most likely slow your sims down.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrymc333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 12:43pm
I have WideTraffic and Wideview which I used to use for FSX.  I started using Opus when I switched to P3Dv4.  Can I use WideTraffic at the same time as Opus?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 12:45pm
I believe you can but I’m not sure if it’s P3D compatible and note the possible loss of frame rates.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrymc333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 3:07pm
Do you have any plans to synchronize Ultimate Traffic Live in OpusFSI?

Jerry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2018 at 5:04pm
No. It’s not any easy task nor one that’s fully supported in the sim code.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic