SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OpusFSI v6 For Prepar3D v4.5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OpusFSI v6 For Prepar3D v4.5
    Posted: December-05-2019 at 4:52am

OpusFSI v6 Beta Installation

Requirements:

Active OpusFSI v5 or v5 Upgrade Licence
Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D Version 4.5 Flight Simulator
Microsoft Windows 64-bit Operating System
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2

Download:

Download the new OpusFSI_v600_Beta.msi install file direct from our downloads page,

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/downloads.htm

Use the following link on the right-hand side of the downloads page,

OpusFSI v6 Beta (P3Dv4 Only)
Beta Version 6.00.0 Available
4 Dec 2019, 53.9 Mb

Download the OpusFSI v6 Beta MSI file and please refer to our Flight1 forum Announcements topic for further details. OpusFSI v6 is a 64-bit version of our FSI and PDK Interfaces applicable only to the latest P3D v4 simulator

Installation:

Use the downloaded MSI file to install the software into its c:\OpusFSI_v6 folder in the usual manner. You may choose an alternate drive if you wish but do install into it's own root folder.

OpusPDK Setup:

The OpusPDK Dynamic Link Library (OpusPDK_v45.DLL) provides a fast and efficient direct link into Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D simulator via the Prepar3D PDK interface.

This interface imposes minimal demand on the Prepar3D simulator and provides for fast and efficient camera control for all OpusFSI view transitions, panning sequences, and general eye point positioning. This interface is highly recommended and used for all Live Camera, Live Camera Control, and DHM eye point movements.

The OpusPDK Interface is prepared by running the supplied PDKSETUP.EXE program in 'Run as Administrator' mode. Unless instructed, you should only need to do this setup procedure once.

1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to your OpusFSI_v6 installation folder.
3. Right click on the PDKSETUP.EXE entry and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Running OpusFSI v6:

First don't forget to allow the OpusFSI v6 P3DSERVER.EXE (and P3DCLIENT.EXE on your clients) through the Windows Defender (or other) Firewall, allow both Private and Public network type access.

Since OpusFSI v6 is only applicable (at the moment) to Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v4.5 there is no longer any need for the FSISERVER and FSICLIENT startup programs used in OpusFSI v5. Instead users simply run either the P3DSERVER.EXE or P3DCLIENT.EXE programs on their 'main flying' server PC and any networked client PCs.

Regards
Stephen Smile
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 4:15am
Hi,

I've installed the new beta and it's been working without a glitch so far, thanks for the update.

There's one thing I'd like to ask about, though. As far as I remember, with 64-bit P3D, the "old" PDK functionality became unavailable and OpusFSI switched to using SimConnect (see our previous discussion here). The downside of that approach is that when switching between cameras in rapid succession, the view "jumps" instantly to the previous position before transitioning to the next one. I believe this is due to the limitations of the "SimConnect_RequestCameraRelative6DOF" SimConnect function (I remember reading somewhere that it has a slight delay in updating the variables to reflect the current eyepoint/PBH).

So, the question is: can this be rectified when using the latest version of the PDK, or is "SimConnect_RequestCameraRelative6DOF" still the only way to get the 6DOF values from P3D?

Regards,
Tym
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 4:20am
Hi Tym,

Yes it can, we are utilising more and more fast OpusPDK functionality and also looking to overcome the SimConnect limitations wherever possible. The new OpusFSI v6 should eliminate the view jumps, if not now then it will in the next beta posting. I must admit I haven't tried it yet.

Regards
Stephen
Timonier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timonier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 4:26am
Hello Stephen,

Can we made a copy/paste for our cameras of OPUSFSIv5 to the new folder OPUSFSI v6 ?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Best Regards
Marc
Best Regards

Marc
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 4:27am
Hi Stephen,

Thanks! Looking forward to the next beta, then! Wink

Cheers,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 4:30am
I can confirm the camera switching is smooth but can jump when changed rapidly (SimConnect data hasn't kept pace). I am looking now to see if I can use the OpusPDK to determine view mode etc. and so not rely on the SimConnect data.

Stephen
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 6:59am
Hello Stephen,

Thanks for this beta. Developing via simconnect is at his end?

After 2 flights with the PMDG 737 I found that there are no upper winds at all.

Also at the beginning of a flight the sim freezes for about 10 - 15 seconds, and later of, in flight also the sim freezes for a few seconds.
This is not normal behavior to me. Will test more, but I thought you would like to know all strange behavior.

Regards,

André
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 7:12am
Hi André,

I haven't noticed any freezes, but my flights have been short so far. One thing to check is "Background GRIB Processing". If the field is not ticked, you will get behavior similar to a freeze as the GRIB decoding process uses all available CPU power for a few seconds (this normally happens at the beginning of a flight and then possibly with a weather update if more recent GRIB data is found).

HTH,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 12:19pm
Hi Andre,

The upper winds are purely down to GRIB data download and decoding. I will check this at my end to make sure GRIB data is available to the weather engine. No weather functions use the PDK but I will check to make sure the DWC is working via FSUIPC5.

At present only zoom and eye point (3 and 6 DOF functions) use the OpusPDK Interface.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 12:22pm
Hi Tym,

You are correct. If GRIB data is being downloaded in flight and processed for speed and not in the background then that can cause OpusFSI (the degrib.exe etc.) to hog the cpu. Best to disable GRIB update whilst in flight and decide whether you want fast or slower GRIB decoding before flight.

I also have not noticed any delays but I don’t allow GRIB download and processing in flight.

Stephen
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 11:37pm
Hi Tym,

Thanks for your advise. But I dont think this is causing the freezes.

I have Background Grib Processing on.

Regards,

André
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2019 at 11:52pm
Hi Stephen,

In V5 I have reported winds at cruise level. In V6 upperwinds are 0. Must be V6 here.

Today I will test further with the BGP on/off and see if the freezes are still there.
I forgot  to tell that I use TrackIR.

You say that the weather functions are still through simconnect. Are you going to use the weather functions in PDK in the near future?

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2019 at 3:20am
Hi Andre,

Thanks. Have you checked and made sure you are getting GRIB data downloaded and decided. Check the Spy window during weather reload and check your GRIB report and OpusFSI atmospheric reports.

No GRIB data will mean no upper winds.

I will double check mine at this end.

I will use what I can through the PDK but theme injection and DWC cannot be done via the PDK, only METAR injection is supported I believe. TrackIR is still 32-bit and uses SimConnect as there are problems with the NP SDK when using 64-bit. I will be investigating TrackIR further though.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2019 at 3:28am
Hi Andre,

Found the problem with the upper winds thanks.

I’ll work on a solution and prepare the next beta.

Stephen Thumbs Up
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2019 at 3:46am
Hi Stephen,

Glad you found it!

I know you have asked some questions, a long time ago, on the LM P3D simconnect-forum. They never answered as far as I know.

So throught that route further development in OPUS weather presentation is a dead end road?

Kind regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2019 at 3:53am
Hi Andre,

Corrected the GRIB problem, and yes LM gave no answers but have improved the PDK (earlier ones didn’t work, not even their samples worked). I intend to use the PDK as much as possible as it does minimise any burden on the sim. I will also have another look at TrackIR but NPs own SDK doesn’t seem compatible with SimConnect in 64-bit operation and compilation.

I will most likely prepare a special 64-bit TrackIR for you to try that uses nothing but the PDK with no dependence on SimConnect at all.

I will post a new beta ASAP, not sure about today as I have other commitments.

I am also looking to allow you to add various Spot plane, top-down view modes etc to Live Camera. The eye point cannot be adjusted but the initial zoom level can. It will allow you to assign buttons and select these viewing modes though plus set your preferred zoom level.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2019 at 4:02am
I should just have time to post the GRIB data fix in beta 6.00.1 this morning.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2019 at 4:25am
OpusFSI Beta Version 6.00.1 has been posted with the GRIB data fix.

I will work on the points mentioned above now, extending the available view modes, looking to implement a 64-bit OpusPDK TrackIR program, and using the PDK where I can for any view mode changes and METAR weather injection etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Stephen
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2019 at 5:54am
Hi Stephen,

Fantastic service as ever! Thanks!!

Looking forward to these new 64-bits options, especialy the TrackIR thing.

I will try the new beta later on today.

Regards,

André

651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2019 at 1:02am
Hi Stephen,

The last beta is doing very well. All is working and no freezes.

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2019 at 3:00am
Excellent thanks.

Regards
Stephen
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 2:34am
Hi Stephen,

Could it be that the visibility is not interpreteted correctly?
I dont see flashes in the background when the VIS is changing. Also, it looks like you can look far ahead (at FL340).

It is good there are no flashes, but not this way.

Hope you can replicate this.

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 3:16am
I will check the vis layering and other weather data to make sure there are no problems defining the vis.

Stephen
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 3:26am
OK.
But when VIS = 8000 metres, I could see the mountains far away and all the way down at FL340.
No changes in VIS on route (all clear with clouds), while OPUS-report tells me there are changes.

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 3:28am
When you say vis = 8000 metres are you referring to the surface vis? Its really the upper vis limit that matters at FL340.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 3:33am
The Spy window will report the calculated upper vis limit and indicate the average surface vis just before injecting the weather...

MET Upper Vis 80km, Average Surface Vis 1000m

651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 5:14am
Hi Stephen,

This is what I mean. VIS is 1000 metres, but from above all is clear as far as you can see (I am at FL 400).
I remember OPUS causes these flashes when upgrading the VIS.

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 5:23am
Hi Andre,

Yes that's fine. The poor vis of 1000 metres is just the 'local' surface vis which on this case indicates fog. As fog it will not extend much beyond 1000 feet AGL so will not have any effect on your upper vis at FL400.

OpusFSI injects all vis layering within the weather theme, it does not control the vis on the fly so to speak. The surface and all upper vis layering is also smoothed to try and prevent sudden 'ambient' vis changes whilst flying.

Of course to see any effects of poor surface vis rendered in the sim you will need to enable Volumetric Fog. The rendering is all down to the sim of course, without Volumetric Fog the sim won't be capable (like FSX) of rendering any vertical vis changes.

In your case there's most likely just a very thin poor vis layer hugging the ground below which I believe is visible in your image. The ground looks slightly misty. Remember 1000 metre vis is the boundary between fog and mist classification. So in your case you could say the surface is quite misty.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 5:27am
The low lying cloud also indicates that you may have the mist and fog effects enable which is fine as this is personal preference. Its unlikely the poor vis will extend beyond the cloud tops though so again will have no effect at your flight level, just make the ground look misty that's all.

Stephen
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 6:08am
Hi Stephen,

OK, I understand. Thanks for the explanation.

I have the mist and fog effects on, low overcast effects off (VF on). Is there any advantage with the mist and fog effects set to off?

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 6:27am
No advantage or disadvantage really. I generally prefer to have the fog effect or both fog+mist effects on as I quite like the obvious cloud top defining the fog bank. I occasionally turn them off to suit my mood.
Regards
Stephen 
651132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 6:31am
Hi Stephen,

Thank for the answers.

Kind regards,

André
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 10:32am
Hi Stephen,

I've run a quick test with the 6.00.3 beta and it seems the "jumping" on rapid view changes is still present. Does that mean the issue cannot be resolved reliably using the PDK? Or is there something else at play?

Regards,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 10:36am
Have you set a non zero transition in your Live Camera views? If so what transition have you set? You could email me your P3DSERVER.CAM file and I will test with them. I will double check the transition software to make sure I haven’t forgotten to smooth it out more.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 10:42am
How rapidly area you selecting different views and are the transitions all within the same view mode? I can then try the same.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 11:10am
I'll send you my camera file with some comments via e-mail in a few minutes... Wink

Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 11:11am
Thanks, I’ll test with it tomorrow to see what’s going on.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2019 at 4:19am
Hi Tym,

Thought you would be interested in these release notes …

OpusFSI Version 6.00.4 Beta

Modified OpusPDK to ensure OpusFSI can retrieve the current 3DOF and 6DOF eye-point coordinates. Live Camera can now transition smoothly between view changes no matter how rapidly a view is selected via the keyboard or joystick buttons.

I set the Transition to 6 for both my cockpit forward and view left cameras both assigned to the J key. I can double tap the J key to take a quick 'smooth' peek at the runway when on the left-downwind leg. Note, you could also use Pan-Left and Pan-Right Panning Sequences to achieve the same without the double tap on the J key.

I'll post the new beta today for you to try out.

Regards
Stephen Thumbs Up
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2019 at 4:31am
Hi Stephen,

Thanks, that's great news! I'm looking forward to testing the new beta... Smile

Regards,
Tym
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2019 at 6:44am
Hi again Smile

I'm testing the new 04 beta at the moment, the transitions are now butter smooth and consistent, big thanks!!! Thumbs Up

BTW, I've also started experimenting a bit with the panning sequences to have the camera automatically return to the start position, also working great!

Thanks again!
Tym

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic