SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

opus reports SimConnect exception

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumaloflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: opus reports SimConnect exception
    Posted: November-01-2021 at 6:04pm
frustrating problem here, using opus version 5.48.0, with fsx steam.  have used opus since the beginning, with this problem popping up about 2 months ago.  No changes to my system other than windows 10 updates.  The opus program quits several times even on short 30 minute flights.  The spy window shows these errors:  DefWindProc Exception, Set Relative 3D0F Error, Request Metar Error, Exception From HRESULT : 0xC00000B0.

These errors keep scrolling through the spy window.  I shut opus down, restart it, and it works ok for a few minutes before the errors start again.  I have read all the manuals and suggestions, but I must be missing something.  I have all of the .NET Framework files, including the legacy ones, and have run the sim connect file.  I uninstalled opus and reinstalled it a couple of times, same results.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
tumaloflyer
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2021 at 3:33am
When you say it’s shutting down do you mean the program terminates or do you mean just just start seeing the reported SimConnect exception in the Spy window.

The reported exception may not indicate any OpusFSI problem, it simply reports the returned SimConnect exception meaning FSX is unable to return the requested METAR information.

Please let me know what your specified OpusFSI flight plan or Destination was. Are you using all standard weather settings. FSX could simply be reporting No METAR available for the Destination each time OpusFSI attempts to confirm the internal destination weather. This is not an error, simply a limitation within FSX.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2021 at 3:41am
The reported Set Relative 3DOF Error is a bit unusual and may need further investigation.

I will be able to investigate this in two weeks time. This could be something to do with DHM intercepting and processing a METAR request error.

Give me the details of your flight and weather settings, also confirm if you have a Live Camera VC view displayed with DHM active.

Stephen
tumaloflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumaloflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2021 at 1:59pm
Hi Stephen, thanks for the response.  The actual opus program does not shut down, as a ctd, but the virtual cockpit movement effects shut down, and will not resume until I actually shut opus down, and restart it.  Then the movement effects work again, but usually not for long.  If the opus program itself is not restarted then the movement effects will not resume for the rest of the flight.  I have had this happen using the opus weather generator, and also with opus weather off and using active sky.  I will set up a short flight later today and get the results to you.  Thank you, Dennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2021 at 2:50pm
Try re selecting the OpusFSI Live Camera VC view again. Selecting or changing the view may restart the effects. However, if FSX is failing to accept the OpusFSI 3DOF requests then there’s nothing more the server can do. Restarting the program will shutdown and re establish a new SimConnect link, hence allowing new 3DOF (DHM movements).

Let me know what you find and I will re test with FSX and DHM etc when I get back in two weeks time.

Don’t forget to try re selecting or changing the Live Cameras VC view during flight to see if the 3DOF control recovers.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2021 at 4:33am
I have not been able to find any problems with the 3DOF SimConnect requests on my system running OpusFSI v5 (5.48.0) in FSX mode with FSX and FSUIPC4 (4.976) add-on installed.

The 'Request Metar Error' from SimConnect is nothing to worry about as this simply indicates FSX is unable to provide METAR data for the requested destination station (ICAO) code. There is no need to shutdown the OpusFSI server when this SimConnect exception is reported in the OpusFSI Spy window.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumaloflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2021 at 7:38pm
Thanks Stephen, on my end I updated my computer to Windows 11, and reinstalled the opus software as well as FSUIPC.  All flights I try still get the same errors once or twice, including the 3DOF error.  The only way to get the cockpit motion to resume is to shut fsserver down and restart it.  I've tried different camera definition files also.  I also  unchecked the bump aircraft option.  Apparently I have a glitch somewhere in my system, I will continue to try working this out.  I don't mind so much having to pause the flight and restart the fsserver, I really like the effect it gives to the aircraft.  Thanks for the assistance you have provided.  Dennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2021 at 2:52am
Are you using Live Camera views or relying on the General DHM effects?

Do you have any other add on that may be trying to adjust the eye point?

Sounds like you are experiencing SimConnect disconnect issues at the sim FSX end. Have you tried using our supplied Microsoft SimConnect installer to ensure the correct version of SimConnect is installed?

Also just confirm you are starting the software by running our FSISERVER program with an FSX argument, and not just running FSXSERVER.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumaloflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2021 at 11:07am
Hi Stephen, I did another reinstall of the opus software, went step by step with the setup guide, resetting the folder sharing and security settings.  When I start the opus program it says Opus FSI Server, FSX-SE Mode, V5.48.0, so that all seems correct.  I used the sim connect utility.  I can't think of any conflicting program I have installed, thought maybe the acu-feel utility, so disabled that.  I tried a short flight yesterday, used the live camera on one leg, then turned that off and set the general DHM otions for return leg.  On first flight, the cockpit motions stopped while I was still taxiing.  Restarted the program, and ran fine for the rest of the 50 mile flight.  On return leg, using just the general DHM options, it shut off midway through flight.  Some kind of glitch on my end.  I'll go with this, thinking of moving on to MSFS at some point anyway.  Again thanks for your support.  Dennis  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2021 at 11:11am
Did you try installing our supplied Microsoft SimConnect installer to ensure the correct version of SimConnect is installed? That could explain the SimConnect exception raised by FSX.

Also confirm you are starting the software by running our FSISERVER program with an FSX argument, and not just running FSXSERVER.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumaloflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2021 at 12:50pm
Stephen, I have run the SimConnect installer.  When I run it, the program only pops in view for a split second, but I assume it is checking and installing what is necessary.  As to running FSISERVER, when I run that it only gives me the option for the Prepare3D mode, just that option in the configuration menu.  When I run the FSXSERVER, it gives me the option to run Prepare3D, FSX, of FSXse.  So, with what I have in my Opus v5 folder, FSXSERVER is the only way I can specify FSXse.  Hope this makes some sense, and might I have something wrong here?  thanks, Dennis 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2021 at 1:00pm
This may explain a lot. You must run the Microsoft SimConnect installer in admin mode and with your av disabled. If it disappears then it’s done nothing, just been blocked from running.

You must also start the software by running the FSISERVER program as per the Getting Started Guide. You must not run the FSXSERVER program directly as it’s unlikely the correct local OpusFSI SimConnect library is prepared. P3D is dot net 4, FSX is older dot net 2, both using completely different local SimConnect libraries. Hence, this may be your problem.

You start the software by telling FSISERVER that it needs to prepare and run in FSX mode. This is done by supplying an FSX program argument. By default FSISERVER will prepare and run in P3D mode (dot net 4).

So run the software as per the GS Guide…

C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.EXE  FSX

Starting the desktop shortcut in its own folder and running in admin mode.

I think the above two actions will solve your problem. Namely, installing the correct SimConnect library and preparing the correct local SimConnect library.

Although by just running FSISERVER in FSX mode will most likely do the trick as I think you’ve always been trying to interface to FSX by OpusFSI using an incompatible SimConnect library. In other word, OpusFSI has always been trying to interface using its local P3D version of the SimConnect library (which is not fully compatible with the older FSX version).

Running FSISERVER in FSX mode will result in preparing all necessary ‘local’ SimConnect library and SlimDX library files (dot net 2 as opposed to the default dot net 4).

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumaloflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2021 at 7:45pm
thanks Stephen, I finally figured things out as you explained, I thought I was applying an argument to the file but wasn't, learned something new here.  Just did a short test flight, everything worked well.  Thanks so much for sticking with this for me!  Dennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2021 at 2:52am
Pleased to hear you have it all sorted.

Regards
Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic