SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

? on FSPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? on FSPS
    Posted: May-01-2006 at 12:05pm

I recently purchased some RXP Gauges and thought it would be easier to add guages using this too. Can anyone tell me if it's easier to just edit the panel.cfg to do this task? I dont plan on building panels, just retrofitting. It would be nice if I could just open up the panel move some stuff around and be done with it. Is it that simple or does it still require knowing where all the gotach's are?

Thanks

Bob 

paavo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paavo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2006 at 7:43pm
It's very simple to change gauges with FSPS, it's graphical so that makes it a million times easier to change gauges with FSPS, there is even a swap gauge function, highlight a gauge and you can swap it for another gauge.
alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2006 at 5:04am
I agree with Paavo that FSPS is very easy to use. I've been using it for years !

The biggest "gotchas" are these:

1. Swapping out one gauge for another, in exactly the same location and at the same size, is usually fine, but occasionally the replacement appears a little smaller whem seen in FS, so the size of the replacement has to be increased to compensate. Check out my screenshots of a RealityXP FlightLineT-equipped C421C in an earlier post.

2. Some replacement gauges, most noticeably the GNS430, are slightly deeper than the default gauge they replace, so a slight resizing or moving of the other gauges in the Radio Stack is sometimes necessary.

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic