SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OC windows error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OC windows error
    Posted: March-12-2018 at 12:26pm
I’m doing the Haswell OC profile and been running 42ghz for less than a year. However, i have decided to move to 43ghz and now on the second test phase 1 because of this error...

I have raised the voltage to 1.19 now but what does this error mean

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6ks6bduj4a3aaq/Photo%2012-03-2018%2C%2016%2003%2053.jpg?dl=0
Overclocked Intel Core i7-4770k Quad Core, ASUS Z87-A EVGA GTX 980ti
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 1:37pm
Ok my system reset at 5 mins with test phase 1. So bumped my core V to 1.21
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 2:01pm
Ok got that blue error message again.

A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 2:26pm
It means your overclock is unstable due to voltage too low. If you don't know that perhaps you should leave it alone.
You cant just change the CPU Vcore...  other settings must be made as well as other voltage setting.

Follow the directions for initial BIOS setup and the start-out voltages and then the increase and make sure the temps do not go over 90c during load tests.

If It does then you do not have the cooling solution necessary to overclock.
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 2:33pm
I have set my OC per your guide 9 months ago and ran 42ghz in that time. But i now have P3D V4.2 and that dynamic lighting lowers my frames. So hoping to get more juice!

I have followed the 42-43 setup and started with 1.18v and now at 1.22 at 23 minutes into the test.

Should i raise other parameters nick? I appreciate your help ;)
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 3:34pm
Now raised Vcore to 1.23 as it failed on test phase 2
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 4:19pm
I cant overclock your system. I laid out the guide to make it as easy as possible but you have to do the donkey work and raise voltages, test and confirm temps as I outlined, yourself.

There is no magic number that is right or is going to make the process go faster. Phase 1 was stability with HEAT, Phase 2 is about raising voltages I outlined, starting again and if it passes, move to the next, however when it comes to clocking and setting up a stable/secure clock it can take a few days to obtain that goal especially if you do not know clocking and what tro try on your own

From PHASE 2:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Start HW Monitor and set it up on the desktop as displayed in Test Phase 1.

2. Start OCCT and select the OCCT:CPU tab.

3. Make sure the OCCT:CPU test is setup as defined in Overclocking 104 with the test set to Automatic 1hr, 64bit enabled with the test type as Large Data Set.

4. Click the START button in OCCT. Follow the same guidelines for temperature and voltage monitoring in HW Monitor as outlined in Phase 1.

You are simply repeating the same setup here but running the OCCT:CPU test to confirm stability.

Just as with the Phase 1 test, the same hold true with the OCCT:CPU test:

As long as your test has run to the 1hr completion and not failed with a error message, the system has not rebooted by itself, no BSOD (blue screens displayed) AND you have confirmed the voltages and temps I outline above in HW Monitor, you are stable and running fine, during the test if you experience any one of the following:

a. The test stops and posts a FAIL NOTICE which is not related to temperature.

b. The system BLUE SCREENS

c. The system REBOOTS by itself

d. The system LOCKS

Then you are running too low of a CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE and must reboot (or hard reset) enter the BIOS and raise CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE by .01v just like you did when finding the stable Windows boot voltage.

In this process if you have raised the CPU Core Voltage Override by more than .02v you must repeat the Phase 1 test once Phase 2 has passed to assure you are not overheating.

REPEAT STEPS 1 through 4 above until you PASS OCCT:CPU 64bit Large Data Set for 1 hour. Once you have passed both Phase 1 and Phase 2 then you can move to increasing the CPU Cache speed in Phase 3.

Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 4:24pm
Thanks. But i do understand the guide my only worry is raising the other voltages

Ie these ones

CPU CACHE VOLTAGE: MANUAL MODE

CPU CACHE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:   1.28

CPU SYSTEM AGENT OFFSET MODE SIGN: +

CPU SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .280

CPU ANALOG I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET SIGN: +

CPU ANALOG I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .050

CPU DIGITAL I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET SIGN: +

CPU DIGITAL I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .100     

CPU INPUT VOLTAGE:   1.88
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 4:25pm
All this assumes you did the initial BIOS changes I outlined before starting the clock/testing routine....

INITIAL MANUAL  BIOS SETUP FOR CLOCK TESTING - ALL SYSTEMS

Some of these settings I outlined in my last installments to this thread. I am repeating some of them here to make sure your BIOS is in fact setup correctly to begin.

Enter the Asus BIOS in ADVANCED mode and confirm or make the following changes:

===========================================================

MONITOR MENU -

Scroll down to the bottom of the list

ANTI SURGE SUPPORT: DISABLED

============================================================

ADVANCED MENU -

CPU CONFIGURATION:

HYPER THREADING: DISABLED

NOTE: I wish to make it very clear that Hyper threading will in no way improve Flight Sim performance. If you need Intel HT support for other applications and you also wish to clock at the same time then I FIRMLY suggest that users establish two clocking setups, one for HT DISABLED and one for HT ENABLED.

Start with HT DISABLED for max clocking ability and lower temps and once established then rework a new clock speed that passes stability and temp tests with HT enabled. Keep your final BIOS settings written down so you can make quick changes as required.

Scroll down to the bottom and enter the menu CPU POWER MANAGEMENT:

EIST: DISABLED

TURBO MODE: ENABLED

CPU C STATES: ENABLED   - This is set to AUTO by default, change it to ENABLED and under CPU C STATES the following will appear, change as outlined:

ENHANCED C1: DISABLED

CPU C3 REPORT: ENABLED

CPU C6 REPORT: DISABLED

C6 LATENCY: SHORT

CPU C7 REPORT: DISABLED

C7 LATENCY: LONG

PACKAGE C3 STATE REPORT: C3

This setup will assure the system will run the CPU at the maximum lowest stable voltage and current when the CPU is idle and under far less load. This will allow very high CPU speeds with stability and not run high voltage and current draw under less demanding conditions. Unlike processors of the past where C States are disabled for clocking, Haswell works very well with this setup.

Back out to the main menus

ADVANCED MENU -

PCH CONFIGURATION:

PCI EXPRESS CONFIGURATION -

DMI LINK ASPM CONTROL: DISABLED

PEG ASPM: DISABLED
NOTE: YOUR BIOS MAY READ THIS WAY INSTEAD-

ASPM SUPPORT: DISABLED

PCIe SPEED: Leave this on BIOS default   AUTO is fine

-----------

ADVANCED MENU -

SYSTEM AGENT CONFIGURATION:

CPU AUDIO DEVICE: DISABLED

NB PCIE CONFIGURATION:

Verify PCIe slot the card is installed into (typically the first for BEST performance) displays: X16  and the LINK SPEED dropdown is set to GEN3 for the GTX 770/780

NOTE: All 600 and 700 series video cards are GEN3. Any video card lower than a 600 series is GEN2.

DMI LINK ASPM CONTROL: DISABLED

PEG ASPM: DISABLED

GRAPHICS CONFIGURATION:

PRIMARY DISPLAY: PCIE

IGPU MULTI-MONITOR: DISABLED

-------------

ADVANCED MENU -

MEMORY CONFIGURATION:

MEMORY REMAP: ENABLED

MEMORY SCRAMBLER: ENABLER  (may not appear in all systems)

AI TWEAKER MENU -

AI OVERCLOCK TUNER: XMP  

-You should have already performed this change by now and also have tested your memory in Memtest! If you have for some reason reset your BIOS, make sure this is currently set to XMP and make sure that memory was properly tested before continuing.

If you have defective memory and you have already installed Windows and software then you may be looking at a corrupt Windows and software install. This is why I outlined memory testing is the FIRST item we check and verify before anything else with a new system.

CPU STRAP: 100

BCLK FREQUENCY: 100

Scroll Down the list....

Enter the DIGI+POWER CONTROL MENU

LOAD LINE CALIBRATION: 8   

CPU POWER PHASE CONTROL: OPTIMIZED

Exit the DIGI+POWER CONTROL MENU

-------------------

Enter the CPU POWER MANAGEMENT MENU - Confirm or change:

ENHANCED INTEL SPEEDSTEP: DISABLED

TURBO MODE: ENABLED

Exit the CPU POWER MANAGEMENT MENU

Scroll down to the bottom of the list:

SVID SUPPORT: AUTO  All boards other than ROG

NOTE: This setting could also be listed as: SVID CONTROL instead of SUPPORT

SVID SUPPORT: ENABLED  ROG BOARDS ONLY

----------------------------------------------------------

NOTE for ROG users: The SVID setting will enable communication between the CPU and the voltage regulators and will allow HW Monitor to display the watt load readouts as loads are applied and removed. With ROG boards it has been noted that [AUTO] is DISABLED by default.

So far ROG boards are the only boards that require this change. All other Asus boards appear to run ENABLED by default (but without the additional override voltage setting) when SVID SUPPORT is set to AUTO. IF set to ENABLED on non-ROG boards the CPU INPUT VOLTAGE will not be available.

Professional overclockers who are trying for very high CPU speed to win a internet prize would typically disable SVID. We are not professional clockers looking to win a trophy. We want control and long term stability.

------------------------------------------------------------

Scroll down to: CPU SPREAD SPECTRUM: DISABLED

===============================================================

The base Asus BIOS setup list for manually clocking all systems is now complete. Please hit F-10 save and exit and then go back into your BIOS and RECONFIRM every setting posted above. It has been noted that some boards may not hold a setting. We want to confirm the above list has indeed been saved and the system is booting this list.

Once confirmed, then continue...

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Driver170 Driver170 wrote:

Thanks. But i do understand the guide my only worry is raising the other voltages

Ie these ones

CPU CACHE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:   1.28

CPU SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .280

CPU ANALOG I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .050

CPU DIGITAL I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .100     

CPU INPUT VOLTAGE:   1.88

The Absolute MAXIMUM SAFE VOLTAGE for all of this was outlined in the write up.

If you do not feel comfortable changes those, then go back to your original setup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM SPECIFICATIONS

The following list outlines the maximum voltage and temperatures for ANY Haswell system regardless of what CPU speed you intend to run. These are my personal limits based on my calculations and taking into account

Please copy and print this cheat-sheet and use it as you load test your clock. You will most likely be testing several voltage changes in the process and will need this information so you know were the limits are. It is always best to NOT run a system to the limit on voltages

CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE: 1.43v

The actual user BIOS setting for MAX CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE is: 1.43v

Haswell will over-volt to 1.45/1.46 when a 1.43 CPU CORE VOLTAGE is set in the BIOS and a AVX load is applied, be very aware of this. Those on advanced liquid system that run load test temps exceptionally low at this voltage (70c or less @ max AVX test load) should have no issue with this a perhaps a touch higher however anyone maxing out the CPU TEMP (92c) under a full AVX test load and running this voltage is in a risky situation.

CPU CACHE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:  1.30-1.32 will be close to 1.35/1.36 read in the BIOS. 1.35 AS READ in the BIOS is considered a hard maximum.

I strongly advise users to keep the actual voltage setting they make @ 1.31 or LESS, a user setting of 1.30 MAXIMUM is preferred!

CPU SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE OFFSET: VARIES with the model of motherboard and must be verified with HW Monitor after each change using a AVX load test.

Reading up to 1.196v in HW Monitor @ AVX Load in REAL TIME LOAD TESTING is the maximum preferred however 1.20v IS THE HARD MAX

SPECIAL NOTE: ROG BOARDS AND SYSTEM AGENT may very well over-volt what you set in the BIOS much further than other Asus boards. ROG users must pay very special attention to the readout in HW Monitor under the VOLTAGES section for VCCSA (SYSTEM AGENT) when working with CPU SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE OFFSET

CPU ANALOG I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:  .200 hard maximum  (Do not exceed)

CPU DIGITAL I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:  .200  hard maximum  (Do not exceed)

CPU INPUT VOLTAGE: 1.98  Do not run this high with a CPU CACHE voltage of 1.26 and greater, preferred is 1.92-1.88

---------------------------------------------------

NOTE: ROG BOARDS THAT DEFINE 2 CPU INPUT VOLTAGES:

INITIAL CPU INPUT VOLTAGE: 1.88

EVENTUAL CPU INPUT VOLTAGE: 1.98 Do not run this high with a CPU CACHE voltage of 1.26 and greater, preferred is 1.92-1.88

=============================================================

Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 5:14pm
Initial setup has been completed. I just double checked it.

My only problem is (no experience) is how much to raise each value and what ones!

I.E - CPU CACHE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 3:06pm
Hi nick thats me completed the 43ghz profile and noted the settings.

Now onto 44ghz and currently testing at 1.25v and the CPU temp is roughly at 80c do you think i have enough head room for 45ghz? Thats if i want to go up.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 3:14pm
I cant answer that. Only you can by testing.

If you followed the outline then OCCT should shut down under the AVX load test if it reads 90c

These were instructions to overclock with a fairly new Haswell setup. As time goes on it may take more CPU Voltage to run the same clock stable. Seeing as you are already at 1.25 VCORE you will probably find you will be pushing 1.26-1.30

---------------------------------------------------------------------

STARTING SETUP OUTLINE: 4.4GHz-4.5GHz:

THE HEAT IS ON: THIS IS WHERE YOUR TEMPS CAN BECOME A SERIOUS ISSUE REGARDLESS OF THE COOLING SOLUTION

If you are running a air super cooler or less than a Corsair H100 liquid system be very aware that your max CPU voltage will most likely be 1.23-1.26 or LESS and that assumes the ambient temp of the room is not warm and the CPU can run stable at those voltages.

This is the point where a CPU modification to the die cap will allow higher clocking at far cooler temperatures. If you can achieve the 4.4-4.5 clock fully stable and tested, you can then evaluate your CPU and if you wish to take the extended steps to modify it. 

CPU CORE RATIO: PER CORE        make SURE this is set:  PER CORE

Set each of the next 4 boxes to: 44 for 4.4GHz or 45 for 4.5GHz

Hit the ENTER button on the keyboard after each numerical entry. BIOS settings will not accept unless you enter the value and hit ENTER

You should have each core (4 lines) set now to: 44    (or 45 if you prefer)

MIN CPU CACHE: 39

MAX CPU CACHE: 39  

Note: Sometimes this requires the MAX value be changed first then the MIN

We keep the CACHE speed lower for now and after we establish that the CPU speed has tested clean then move to increase the CPU cache speed to either match the CPU speed, or, close as we can obtain without going over the CPU speed.

You have now established a constant 4400MHz (or 4500MHz) CPU, 3900MHz NB Frequency

Scroll down and set: CPU CORE VOLTAGE: MANUAL MODE

Select the setting below and input the following value:

FOR 4.4GHz: CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:   1.22    <--- type this number and hit ENTER

FOR 4.5GHz: CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:   1.26    <--- type this number and hit ENTER

NOTE: My starting voltage value range for a 4.4-4.5 clock is:  1.19 - 1.29. I am splitting the difference here to start out at 1.22 - 1.26  

IN THIS OUTLINE if you would like to try a lower CPU core voltage in starting out to discover where your processor sits, that is fine! An alternate would be:

FOR 4.4GHz: CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:   1.20    <--- type this number and hit ENTER

FOR 4.5GHz: CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:   1.24    <--- type this number and hit ENTER

DO be aware that the lower voltage starting point may take more trial and error starting out but at the same time may also net a lower successful clock test speed with 3900MHz cache and therefore lower temps with the initial setup so you can evaluate your system for cooling.

I will say this: moving to the CACHE phase in Overclocking 105 will require a higher CPU core voltage override, there is absolutely no question about that! How much? ...you will find out as you progress. I can not estimate that here.

Be VERY careful with these next values and NOTE THE DECIMAL POINTS!

CPU CACHE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE:   1.28

CPU SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .280

CPU ANALOG I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .050

CPU DIGITAL I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET:   .100     

CPU INPUT VOLTAGE:   1.88

NOTE: ROG BOARDS THAT DEFINE 2 CPU INPUT VOLTAGES:

INITIAL CPU INPUT VOLTAGE:   1.82

EVENTUAL CPU INPUT VOLTAGE:   1.88

Hit F-10 SAVE AND EXIT.  REBOOT back into the BIOS, enter the AI Tweaker menu, scroll down and CONFIRM every setting listed above starting with CPU CORE RATIO: PER CORE  and ending with: CPU INPUT VOLTAGE:  1.88

Check you input values directly. If there is any setting that is not right or has changed, reset it as defined above in the outline for your clock speed then hit F-10 save and exit, reboot and verify in the AI Tweaker list in the BIOS again. Once all settings are confirmed, then begin the testing process by booting into Windows. One of two things will happen:

a. Your system will boot into Windows just fine and remain stable while you load up the test software. If this is the case please proceed to the next section: Haswell and Overclocking 104 - Stability and Load Testing Software and follow the directions.  (if you have already reviewed section 104 you may move directly to section 105)

b. Your system will lockup or crash booting into Windows. If this happens, (hard reset if required) boot into the BIOS and raise the CPU core voltage .01volts.

Example: If you set CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE: 1.24, then raise that to 1.25, F-10 save and exit and try booting into Windows again. Continue raising the voltage by .01v until you have a successful boot into Windows and appear stable. Once you have obtained that goal please proceed to the next section: Haswell and Overclocking 104 - Stability and Load Testing Software and follow the directions.  (if you have already reviewed section 104 you may move directly to section 105)

Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 3:16pm
The heat is definitely ON ;)
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 3:18pm
Do you think 44-45 is a good OC for P3D V4.2 and a EVGA GTX980ti ? Would love to get a 1080ti but can’t afford one at the moment.
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 3:22pm
Thats my Voltages at 1.28 ! Do you think that is high?
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 4:10pm
Well thats me at 1.29v should i go to 1.30 if it fails?
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 5:10pm
Its all running quite hot with 44ghz at 1.29

Package temp hit 92c
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 5:21pm
Thats my cooling hardware

Processor Cooling Corsair H80i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 9:15pm
With a temp of 92c running OCCT AVX Linpack, I think you have gone far enough. I made that very clear in my warnings.

You will never run that high a temp in Flightsim.

If its stable and not crashing leave it there. If you start getting crashes back it down to the stable 4.3 setup
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2018 at 6:48am
I switched it off nick after 30 minutes when temp hit 93c

So what you are saying is stop the testing and just leave my 44ghz settings and start using P3D ?
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2018 at 7:20am
I know you mentioned in the guide that ambient temperature can have an effect. Today my house is cold and just running that 44ghz and my package temp are only going to 86c today :)
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2018 at 1:27pm
Nick i just completed the 44ghz and it past both tests. I raised the Min and max CPU cache to 43 but the CPU reached 93c and the test shut down. Should i try 42 for the CPU cache?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2018 at 6:52pm
I cant tell you what to try here. I did that in the outline thread.

1. Does the system complete all the tests without crashing?

2. Does the system complete all the tests (full time limits outlined) without pushing the temp too high?

No - No - Speaks for itself

No - Yes - Speaks for itself 

Yes - No = Depends on how high over 90c it went and if it appeared to continue to rise, but the minimum time limits I outlined for heat/load testing should not be ignored.

Yes - Yes = Safe, good to go. If it crashes in P3D then unfortunately there is a voltage that needs to be trimmed just a bit, I covered that too.

CPU speed is still king, but in P3D v4 that is changing fast. I would say you would be better served spending a grand on a 1080ti than risk pushing a clock too far when you are not experienced with clocking to begin with.

+/-100MHz CPU speed or+/-100MHz CPU cache is not going to make that much difference in P3D

Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2018 at 11:25am
1080ti is on the horizon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic