SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > FSHud - Air Traffic Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Sound from ATC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blodhemn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Sound from ATC
    Posted: June-22-2022 at 1:38pm
Hi there,

I am having an issue with no sound in FSHUD. No matter whether tuning into ATIS or ground or tower, I hear nothing. Have tried using TV for sound, and internal soundcard etc, no difference.

Also, as there are no instructions either, it skips straight to next part of flight immediately. 

Worked when 1st purchased, but then had issue with being directed to wrong frequencies, as in another post, but now, no sound or instructions at all.
Fallen_One_666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallen_One_666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 7:43pm
So for me the no sound issue was because the call sign I was using (frontier) was not recognized by FSHud… I had to change it to (frontier flight) and then I had sound. 
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 8:00pm
You are talking about two absolutely different issues:

1. Blodhemn isssue - Please open a ticket regarding it from the application. Because you also talking about two different things (skips forward to next steps and "but now, no sound or instructions at all.".

2. Fallen_One_666 - in case of missing callsign - the aircraft would be called by registration number, there is a missing callsigns and topic about it. But it is not related to instructions progress or non instructions responsivity at all
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Blodhemn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blodhemn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 1:15am
After a lot of play testing last night, I discovered the following.

When using larger airfields, I got instructions, but only stuttered sound, it would say the 1st 1/2 second of the instructions then stop, but I got the text on the FSHUD display. I then switched my sound in FSHUD settings, to my TV, and suddenly got full instructions, so for some reason it doesn't like my soundcard. 

It seems when using smaller airfields, maybe ones without a tower, I get no instructions. Previous ATC add ons would let you call someone for clearance, but I don't see that option. But I did notice, even though I got no instructions, the arrow on the FSHUD, did change to give me taxi routing. 

More testing tonight after work... 

FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2022 at 9:06pm
Please upgrade to latest version 1.1.49 - it suppose to fix following issue.
Thank you
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Sugaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2022 at 8:48am
Originally posted by FSHudATC FSHudATC wrote:

Thank you

Even version 1.1.49 dosen't solve the problem....
I opened a ticket, they answered to open volume mixer in tray icon and make sure that FSHUD volume isnt decreaset... but it's not...
Sugaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2022 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Sugaman Sugaman wrote:

Originally posted by FSHudATC FSHudATC wrote:

Thank you

Even version 1.1.49 dosen't solve the problem....
I opened a ticket, they answered to open volume mixer in tray icon and make sure that FSHUD volume isnt decreaset... but it's not...

I've tried to update REaltek audio drivers, and now every seems to work again.... But I dont know the reason why yesterday was working and suddenly voices stopped without doing anything...
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2022 at 11:14am
We still think it is because of overall high CPU and RAM consumption (over 70% for both).
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Schmegg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schmegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2022 at 5:00am
Frankly, it would not be an unusual scenario to imagine when using MSFS 2020 and my opinion is that FSHud should be able to cope with the systems being loaded to such an extent.

I have other audio-based applications that work alongside MSFS and do not struggle. I'm left thinking that, if anything over 70% CPU utilisation OR 70% RAM utilisation is going to prevent FSHud from functioning correctly, then FSHud is not fit for purpose. 70% RAM and CPU utilistaion could very reasonably be expected when running MSFS 2020. 

Anyway, I will continue to monitor and let you know what my CPU and RAM utilisation are if I see the problem again. But, if it turns out I need at least 30% free RAM and CPU to run FSHud, then I will definitely be asking for my money back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic