SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 182 Turbo Skylane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No automatic installer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No automatic installer
    Posted: June-20-2020 at 11:33pm
Here is the background. I used to flightsim years ago with 2004 on XP. I have been out of it since then. I recently purchased a new gaming PC and downloaded FSX Steam. I wanted to start off with a nice basic addon GA plane and I found the C182T Skylane on Flight1 free. The G1000 really caught my attention. When I opened flight agent and went to download it I was surprised to see I had to define the path. I chose desktop figuring I would manually put everything in FS like I used to. I didn't do it right and now when I went to open it in FSE all kinds of errors and it ended up crashing the sim. Can anyone describe the proper installation please? I have FSX Steam on windows 10. My PC is a ryzen 3600 with an RX 580 and 8 gig ram. 250 g ssd and a 2 t HHD
GR
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2020 at 9:39am
Hi,

The correct Ci82T install path is to your FSX-SE install.  You may want to uninstall the C182T and run the Purchase Agent again.
Best,
Jim

grreed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2020 at 10:00am
So I just direct it to the FSX SE folder itself? I will give that a go. I already am running a total delete reinstall of fsx se because my manual attempt botched up my default planes' gauges. Gone through it this weekend with fsx se. I needed the c++ 05. Dummy me I didn't realize they were necessary and I saw them in the fsx downloadvand removed them. This is my first time with windows 10 other than at work and everything there is set up and proprietary. Don't have to know the guts of win 10. Last OS I knew intimately was XP.
GR
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2020 at 2:59pm
The path is Steam Library\steamapps\common\FSX
Best,
Jim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic