SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

nHancer & Nick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nHancer & Nick
    Posted: February-19-2008 at 5:53pm

Hello Gifted NickN,

ALL is well in GEX Enhanced Land and UTX - you've heard it all from everyone, but "Job Well Done".

Couple of months ago I set up nHancer like your threads suggested and made changes in nTune for my 8800GTS 640 meg.

? - I just updated my nVidia Driver, went back through nHancer, made changes in nTune........BUT, nHancer is NOT holding the Global settings.  I have to reapply before I fly.  - What do I need to do ?

Also, - before this new driver update, in nTune, the profile showed Base - now it's not showing anything but the settings - is this normal.

Thanks as always friend.

cthiggin

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 11:24am

NTune?

I do not use that software and I do know that in the past Nvidia has posted warnings that when driver upgrades are done it is best to uninstall Ntune before installing the new drivers.

If you use Ntune, make sure you have the latest version and install it after the drivers have been replaced

As for the ne NV drivers.. I have not tried them. My Nv system is still on 169.13 beta and does quite well on those

I am not sure what may be happening however it may be the newer drivers have issues with Nhancer, which is not uncommon because nvidia has been trying to break Nhancer control since the day it was released  LOL

I would uninstall Ntune, Nhancer, the drivers, clean and then install the drivers, Nhancer.. and if you must have Ntune install it last. If you really do not need it, I would not install Ntune because it has been known to bugger things up but I do understand the need of its use if you do not know how to go into a BIOS and make performance changes manually.

See if doing it that way gets things working again and if not, post back

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:10pm

UPDATE

MAKE SURE ENHANCED AA IS UNCHECKED IN NHANCER WITH NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS

THIS FEATURE WAS ADDED WITH NEW DRIVERS AND MUST BE UNCHECKED... JUST BELOW THE AA SETTINGS

cthiggin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 4:13pm

Hello my friend NickN,

I'm going to uninstall nTune (used to overclock GTS) - but I'm doing that in RivaTuner - so, guess I won't need that since nTune can cause issues.

Looking at nHancer, mine is set up like yours - in Enhancements, AA is set up as "supersampling" and 8xs - so, just tell it OFF?

The only issue I am seeing in FSX, and have since driver 169.25 is for example - flying at Seattle with water out there on horizon, I get "horizontal" shimmers of water - IF I fly to right - horizontal shimmers move right, and if I go left, shimmes go left.  Straight on, I can see movement - ONLY at distance - straight down, water is excellent - so, can I assume this is a continuing nVidia Driver issue???

I'll follow up later tonight after I've had the opportunit to uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks Nick,

cthiggin

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 4:21pm

All settings the same but MAKE SURE "ENHANCED AA" IS UNCHECKED with NHANCER WITH NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS

cthiggin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 8:01pm

Hello NickN -

Reinstalled - NO nTune - Here's what I have showing now with nVidia / nHancer.  Have NOT tried FSX yet - will later tonight.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 8:12pm

make sure GLOBAL is set the same way... Bulet on GLOBAL and make the same settings... then close Nhancer, enter Nvidia driver control set monitor to SINGLE DISPLAY PERFORMANCE MODE (if you use only one)

on the CPU/driver settings in Nhancer... Muticore support to ON for Vista, OFF for XP

Phase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:39am

NickN
Can you explain why you use "supersampling" for the GF8x00 series cards and not the Coverage Sample (recommended only for GeForce 8x00 and later cards).  From the nHancer site :Supersampling (not for GeForce 8x00 and later cards).  Is there a big difference between the two?  I've used both but can't see much difference.
Thanks
PeterH

"Better get under cover, Sylvester.  There's a storm blowin' up, a whopper. Just speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry"

Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:56am

Hi Phase

I dont have time to type up a huge writeup about the difference.. but I can break it down quickly... bottom line, its better than CSAA but not by much... where it attacks is the very fine areas such as fences and other lines such as tree branches and makes them much sharper but without the shimmers that can occur

You can see an example of this at the end of this PDF written by Tristan Loratch from Nvidia on CSAA where it shows 8xCSAA with SS enabled which is in fact the same as SS 8xS in Nhancer

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/whitepapers/2007/SDK10/FroggyAA.pdf

The setting nhancer allows bypasses part of the call and gives you the same quality without the typical SS hit

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 10:34am
Nick,a clarification please.nHancer is not needed for GEX-enhanced is it?That program looks like it is mainly for super computer wizards.Thanks,Ron
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:14am

Originally posted by rpowers46 rpowers46 wrote:

Nick,a clarification please.nHancer is not needed for GEX-enhanced is it?That program looks like it is mainly for super computer wizards.Thanks,Ron

LOL!

No, of course not..   GEXn needs no special driver settings

However that software CAN make things look better and fly smoother by allowing your dirvers to control the video card instead of nvidia!

Its really not that hard to use or set up...  Here are step-by-step instructions:

NOTE: These changes work for most but I can not say they will work best for everyone...

Install and run Nhancer. It does NOT need to boot with Windows or have a tray icon since the service runs in the background and will properly influence the settings. When it is first run select NO to have it run with Windows or have it place an icon on the tray.

With any driver above 163.xx Nhancer can no longer delete the profiles as it did in the past, instead the way you OVERRIDE the FSX and FS9 profiles is do the following:

a.  
Scroll down the profile list until you find the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (or) Microsoft Flight Simulator X profile. Click on it once to highlight it. Once it is highlighted, click the DUPLICATE button. You will get a message, select YES to complete the duplication. What that will do is DEACTIVATE the Nvidia profile and ACTIVATE your new duplicate.  

b.
With the new profile in the list, make sure there is a bullet in PROFILE on the right. Go down the list on the right and select the following:

AA:
For FSX select SUPERSAMPLING and 8xS  

NOTE: Slower cards and systems in FSX, set to MUTISAMPLING and 4X or SUPERSAMPLING and 4xS

Under the next box, check GAMMA CORRECTION

DO NOT ENABLE THE SECOND SUPERSAMPLE FEATURE IN THIS AREA  

UNCHECK "ENHANCED AA" if it is checkedby default

AF: CHECKED  

Bullet in: 16X  

VERTICAL SYNC: CHECKED, Bullet in: FORCE ON

OPTIMIZATIONS Tab:  

Texture Filtering CHECKED Bullet in - High Quality  
Trilinear Opt CHECKED, Bullet in - Off  
Aniso. sample opt. CHECKED, Bullet in - Off  
Negative LOD BIAS, CHECKED, Bullet in - Clamp  

Check the next three items but do not change their values

COMPATABILITY TAB:  

Place a CHECK in all header values but only change the following if needed:

Force Mip-Maps = NONE
Conformant Texture Clamp = ON
Hi Dynamic Range HDR (Enabled)

All others should be at their default values.

Under the CPU Multicore Support, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CPU YOU USE:

FOR WINDOWSXP SET CPU TO SINGLE  
FOR WINDOWS VISTA SET CPU TO MULTICORE      

Repeat the above for any other game profile as you may need it.  

c.
In the main Nhancer Window, set the bullet to GLOBAL

Set the SAME settings on GLOBAL as you did above.  

Close Nhancer and reboot.

d.
Open the Nivida Control panel (right click desktop, select Nvidia Control Panel) Show the ADVANCED settings. Under Managed 3D, make sure the Multi Display Mixed GPU is set to SINGLE DISPLAY MODE if you are ONLY using one video card and monitor.  If you use more than one, leave the setting on default

Confirm Vertical Sync is indeed set to FORCE ON

Click APPLY.

FOR LCD: Under “ DISPLAY” and “Change Flat Panel Scaling” make sure it is set to: “Use my Displays built in scaling”

Next, under ADJUST DESKTOP COLOR SETTINGS:

NOTE: FOR LCD and CRT. Under the “Adjust Desktop Color Settings” you may want to play with the CONTRAST, BRIGHTNESS and GAMMA. Every monitor is different. Your mileage may vary. 8800 cards WILL NOT have any Image Sharpening control by design. 7xxxx series cards can boost the image sharpness by about 25% or to taste.

Sometimes BOOSTING Contrast UP a tad (raise it 5) is better in MSFS. You have to play with this to get it set to your taste. It is strictly based on your monitor and card. If you do not feel comfortable playing in this area, leave them alone as they are not required for performance enhancement.

Click APPLY and close the Nvidia driver control panel

In FSX

UNCHECK AA and set filtering to TRILLINEAR

Try diffrent frame locks. 22-30, or, unlimited sometimes works best especially for TFT monitors.

In Vista make SURE you get the multi-monitor and pre-SP1 performance updates installed and for XP or Vista ALWAYS remember to update DirectX once a month to be sure you have the latest release files..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

You can use the settings cthiggin posted in the images above as a guide however he does have the drivers set to multiple display performance and Multicore support enabled so use the images as a guide but follow my list...

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:29am
Nick,WOW  thanks for the info.I have new system.Q6600 with 8800GT /512 video.I will give your info a go tonight.Ron
J van E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J van E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:59am

Originally posted by Phase Phase wrote:

Is there a big difference between the two?  I've used both but can't see much difference.

Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

bottom line, its better than CSAA but not by much... where it attacks is the very fine areas such as fences and other lines such as tree branches and makes them much sharper but without the shimmers that can occur

Well, personally I think the difference is HUGE! You can clearly see it on the shots I made some time ago: when you download them and switch quickly between them in Windows viewer of whatever, the difference is even clearer.

I think supersampling is a LOT better. You may not always 'register' it al the time while flying (one of those things you have to compare screenshots for to clearly see the difference), and the difference is indeed in the small detail, but it surely DOES enhance the overall experience! There is no going back for me: supersampling all the way! ;) Lines are lines instead of rows of pixels, trees in the far disctance are trees and not clumps of pixels, wndows are windows and not distored lines... Need I say more? ;)

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:19pm

Keep in mind... 8xS is NOT the same as enabling SS in the lower control area!

IT DOES access that part of the core's ability, but, it does not access ALL the SS features and therefore you get a COMBINATION of superior looks AND performance which is why I highly recommend the setting!

You can really see the difference in the TRIKE and the guidelines to the canopy... this has the side-effect of reducing shimmers too

cthiggin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:25pm

Hello NickN,

Did my reinstall of nVidia driver and removed nTune - reset nVidia Control Panel and nHancer as we discussed.  All is "WELL" - Still getting some horizontal shimmers on the water at a distance, so, as stated earlier, must be the nVidia Driver and their issues.

Thanks again for all of your help.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:29pm

Shimmers are never going to go completely away.. I see them with trees and water although no where near as bad without the settings above, and what I do see is minor

Is the water slider set to 2XLow?  when you increase that you can expect to get some shimmer too.

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:46pm
Nick,Thanks again for writing out the instructions for FS.Is it my understanding that first I put the bullet in profile on the right side,go thru and make all the settings then I go back to same place and put the bullet in global and make the same settings?Also,the initial backup backs up my custom settings now in the nvidia control panel?Thanks,Ron
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 3:57pm

YES, and YES and YES

You got it...

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 4:13pm
Thanks,something to do tonight while it keeps snowing here in the Great Midwest.Ron
cthiggin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 4:22pm

NickN,

Yes, my water is set higher and 2xLow - BUT, the shimmers are invisible "close up" - it's just in the far distance when you are looking out over water.  Of course, we've always had the shimmers with the trees.

Thanks so much -  cthiggin

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 4:25pm

OK, the shimmers with the water above 2XLow at a distance is called SPECULAR reflection shimmer. This is an issue with how the FSX shaders work and the drivers being used... and there is a tool in development http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1197128602/150#160   that will allow the user to rework those reflections

cthiggin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 4:41pm

NickN,

Will study over the article tonight - ? - IS this "condition" causing the tarmac/runway shimmers in Acceleration with DX10 activated.  I cannot/will not use the DX10 because it's just terrible with the shimmers, as well as losing AI colors and prog.taxi....just wandering or if it's a DX10 issue?

Thanks, cthiggin

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 5:00pm

DX10 and Nv drivers.. yes

I never saw such shimmers when I tested the X2 ATI and DX10

and I dont use DX10 for normal flying... I only run DX9 mode

DX10 is a preview and not worth the problems

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 5:59pm
Nick,I installed nhancer and profile settings worked but when I tried entering the same setting under global it would not let me check the boxes but I could enter the bullets.Also under fsx it is listing DX10 and I am usinf XP DX9.Also,under vert synch the choice is on or force gl triple buffer,not force on.Thanks,Ron
Phase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 6:02pm

Nick and J Van E

Many thanks for the explanation and comparison shots.  I've now gone back to SS so I'll see how it goes
Regards
PeterH

Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
cthiggin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 6:05pm

NickN -

Yes, you and many, many others have the same sentiments on DX10 and FSX - it's not just worth the hassle, PERIOD.

cthiggin

J van E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J van E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 4:41am
Originally posted by cthiggin cthiggin wrote:

NickN -

Yes, you and many, many others have the same sentiments on DX10 and FSX - it's not just worth the hassle, PERIOD.

cthiggin

Add to me to the list of others! ;) They had better skipped it completely. But of course after the infamous 'artists impression' there was no way back... Still, I think it would have been better if they forgot about it anyway! Then again, knowing how kind and considerate the FS-community can be, skipping was no option of course...
rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 10:14am
Nick,In regard to my above post about global settings.It looks like you mean the global settings in the nvidia control panel not enhancer?Thanks,Ron
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 10:49am

Nick,In regard to my above post about global settings.It looks like you mean the global settings in the nvidia control panel not enhancer?Thanks,Ron

No sir... Nhancer... you should be able to move the bullet from PROFILE to GLOBAL and make the same settings changes.. as long as the bullets are being changed and you are infact getting the same changes for both PROFILE and GLOBAL, you are set.

Are you saying you are unable to do this?

The only things you need to address in the Nvidia driver conrol panel are to ensure the monitor performance mode is either SINGLE or MULTI depending on your setup (one or more monitors) and verify vertical sync is set to FORCE ON

If those settings are not available in the Nvidia control panel and you are having problems with Nhancer, then I would have to question what driver revision you are using. Look above as you will see the settings listed in the Nv control panel.. I copied the image here... Its the LOWER image not the one on top which is the nhamcer interface

The only problem I see with this is his Multi Display/Mixed GPU setting is not correct for a single monitor. He has it set for Multiple Display Performance mode instead of Single Display Perfomance Mode

His Threaded Optimization is set to AUTO... for VISTA that should be ON and XP, OFF however I have seen some say in XP they found value with it being ON.. that is a setting in which experimenting may be a good idea..

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 11:14am
After I enter all the settings under profile I click the bullet in global.Then I cannot click the check boxes for  AA,Ansisot,vert synch etc.They are greyed out.I think I was able to put the bullet in the proper holes for these though.I am at work so I can't verify that.I did make the proper entries for single monitor etc in nVidia control panel.Thanks,Ron
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 11:47am

After I enter all the settings under profile I click the bullet in global.Then I cannot click the check boxes for  AA,Ansisot,vert synch etc.They are greyed out.I think I was able to put the bullet in the proper holes for these though.I am at work so I can't verify that.I did make the proper entries for single monitor etc in nVidia control panel.Thanks,Ron

That is correct... they will be greyed out but you CAN move the bullets

My concern was you were unable to get the bullets where they belong.. As long as the bullets are correct and there IS a check in the box, but just greyed out... you are indeed good to go

Make sure "Enhance In-game AA" is indeed UNCHECKED (greyed or not) 

J van E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J van E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 12:51pm
And be sure to change the very last setting (CPU Multi Core support) to Single or Multi depending on your CPU! Wink Thought I'd just add that before people blindy copy the bullet settings. Tongue
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 2:14pm

That is based ON the OS... I dont know how many times I have to post that

I would leave it on SINGLE which is OFF for XP and MUTLICORE which is ON for Vista, assuming you use a dual or quad core

Mine is a quad and I run XP and I leave it on SINGLE or OFF in the Nv control panel

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 2:15pm
Thanks for all the advice.You could not have made it any clearer.I believe I did it right last night.Will check when I get home.Bring on GEX Europe!Ron
JoeD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 3:14pm

Nick, two questions......

I have nHancer configured as you discribed and it does make a noticable improvement in graphics and perfomance. I thought I had FSX tweaked before but, now it's even better. Smile

My questions:

1) Why do you have to set both the (FSX) profile and global the same for it to be effective?

2) I keep hearing the term "bullet" and must admit I do not know exactly what this is refering to.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 3:16pm

Bullet = fill in the DOT in the interface

Reason for duplicate... one word... Nvidia   they love to change things in their drivers and when they do it can override Nhancer settings so its best to set them all to lock Nvidia completely out and be sure FSX is being controlled by your CARD and not Nvidia

quite frankly I find their profile trick quite disgusting (my opinion)... it makes some games run better and most would never know Nvidia was not allowing your card YOU paid good money for to work as YOU thought you set it up for FSX.. those profiles override everything you set in the drivers, everything

JoeD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 3:19pm

Ok, thanks.

On more thing. I use "Riva Tuner" solely to set the fan speed on my 8800GTX. Any conflicts you are aware of? 

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 3:20pm

none

I use RT as well for the same purpose

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 7:15pm

Since we are on the topic of video settings,I read somewhere that this is a good tweak where the number is the memory of the video card.: Under [Graphics]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=512.Is this a valid tweak?Thanks,Ron

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 7:26pm

NO, never  that kills you texture load clarity

these are the ONLY FSX.cfg tweaks you should bother with

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=? You will need to experiment with your FPS setting.

WideViewAspect=True (FALSE if you do not have a wide screen monitor)

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=xx <----- affinity mask not needed for single core.. leave this entire section out except for quad core and in some cases dual core. NOTE: SP2 FSX this tweak is NOT NEEDED.

[MAIN]
HideInfoText=1 <---- gets rid of the mag, brakes and other info on the screen (optional)
DisablePreload=1 <--- a Must in order to offload the memory from the default flight and not allow FSX to double load on boot.

[DISPLAY]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT
=70 <----- I would be cautious with this after SP2. Try 40 to 80
keep in mind FSX is not FS9. Although the max Texture Bandwidth Multiplier can go to 400 like FS9, to do so is suicide in FSX. I would say most should be somewhere around 40-80 MAX.

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=XXX
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=XXX

defaults are  4500 trees, 3000 buildings reduce to reduce AG load with slider but NEVER set to zero on either line

[BUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=8000000   5000000 for 256-512 cards  8000000-10000000 for larger VM cards

NOTE: DX10 will IGNORE bufferpools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic