SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Skin Template for MiG-15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Skin Template for MiG-15
    Posted: October-23-2006 at 2:13pm

Hi,I have rebuild the mig-15 skin template,just like that.with new metal layer.

Add details on fuselage and wings.

Tech Support for Bear Studios`s Red Wing Product Line
RobdeVries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 4:14pm

Very nice! Any release date?

How about a Mig 17? Smile

Rob

Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries
Bill Wolfgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2006 at 9:24am

The new skin template is for mig-15/17 either, MIg-17 is still in building.

Today,we finally make this template to skin package,and will replace the released mig-15`s skin.(NOTE:the TC-616 MiG-15 have no USAF insignia on the wings,we paint them in skin texture test to see combine effects)

m

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 1:07am

more skins,please visite this album

http://picasaweb.google.com/BillWolfgen/MiG15Skin_Index

they are coming with mig-15 service pack.

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 2:52am

Super!

Is it possible to see at service pack for MiG's "glass effect" inside a virtual cocpit too ? It always looks very realistic. Smile

Example in Do-27:

Glass is very dirty but looks awesome!

-------------

Are You sure correct position of flaps and some lines?

See here Your screen:

and simply example from MiG-15 (bis) in Action:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 6:25am

Yes you are right,

we have change to texture ,the dark part is remains from the old texture.in our completed new template,we cover it with light part.

I will send you completed template later.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 1:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 1:09pm

You can see changes on texture.

We have another 44 skins to repainting.So I may send you corrected template at this weekend.

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 5:04pm

Thx Bill, Your support has big impact and is very quickly Smile 

Today I was in one place and did some pictures of this detail for You (MiG-15bis):

Thanks for the modification and I will wait for the new template Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 5:53pm
thanks! your pics is very useful.we will reference from them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 5:57pm

Is it any resource on the glass effect? we have set glass effect,but in vc inside galss surface,it just 13% Opaque for clean view(outside surface is 25%)

we will try to modify the canopy texture.see effects then.

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 12:53pm

Some of details of MiG-15bis. I hope it help You Bill to do the best model of MiG15bis. Use it as You want.

MiG-15bis (orginal Russian, Polish marking)

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 1:02pm

And LiM-2 (Polish version of production)

See also color flare box position. Its only on right side:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 6:55pm

thank you!

I can use your photos for correct details ,and can cut canopy glass for dirty glass drawing.we will make it!

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 11:39am

Hi again Bill

Today I was at Góraszka airport (small grass airport). Fundation Polish Eagles has here oryginal LiM-2 (engine of this MiG-15bis works!). Took some interesting new pictures Lim-2 and LiM2 SB (UTI) I will send You + pictures from cocpit too. In the future (nearest) I will do skins of this planes as a add-on for Your model with all details.

Smile

webmaster, YoYosims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 4:35pm

Thanks,we are working on template.I have receive your pics,that is great resource.

Can you help me find out landing/taxi lamp positions on lim-2 or sblim2,or on mig-15bis you have taken pics? I have found some chinese modifed mig-15 and uti have lamp in nose intake.but others on the left wing bottom,just on  front of gear bay,like mig-17f.

but could not know if russian build aircraft have wing lamp or nose lamp,so we have decided all mig-15 and uti versions(include ft-2,sblim2,cs102) with wing lamp,and bis version (lnclude s-103,f-2,mig-15bis-sb,lim2)with nose lamp

now,we can reposition parts for every sub-versions.with great resource from you and others.

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 5:24pm

For me landing lights  works like here:

Its a left wing

taxi light:

taxi and formation light:

And I dont know what is it:

I can find it in 4 points (2 on each wing)

webmaster, YoYosims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 11:54am

the 4th pic is leading edage of wings? may be a IFF light?

stavka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stavka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 2:39pm

Hello Bill,

The 4th picture is leading edge of the wing and not all MiG-15 have as you can see in the first email of pictures that i send you about lights on the wing

Best regards

Tercio Sampaio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 9:14pm
Yes.I check it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 2:15pm
YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 9:07am

and my, first alpha test LOL (SB Lim-2, but standard model -not from service pack - see weel)

webmaster, YoYosims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 2:08pm

yes.do not worry about it,we will complete service pack soon.it is not nesserary for redrawing wheel and other part on your skins--cockpit frame may redraw,the cockpit frame with details re-position on additional textures.

lamps will move to left wing bottom.

my pics shows standard bis and uti with new models(except cockpit frame`s new texture) we will assemble up sblim2 and lim2 later.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 4:06pm

I think balck strips on wings may closer to fuselage--reference  from your pics.

like mig-17 style.and over painting from leading edage to tralling edage.

my template shows up mig-15`s in korea war years and early days,they have smaller black strips on bare matel skins.

Is polish air force has mig-17 fresco? I find polish skins on this website:

http://wp.scn.ru/ and both has mig-15 skins

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 5:25pm

Im not sure about this black strips, see this:

I did some of correction with some line at fuselage, after I will send You my files. Id like to inform you about some propositisoions of correction:

1. For MiG-15bis - only Mig15 has landing lamp at the front, Russian MiG15bis hasnt this and Lim hasnt this too (only wing lamp)

2.Could You change of color inside recess of weels, flaps and air brake? I notised - true color its a gray, or blue-gray not a green, maybe you have another data?

Concerning MiG-17 sure, we have and produced in POland as a Lim-5, Lim-6 and Lim-6 bis (sturm version). I will send you repaints.

Small art:

webmaster, YoYosims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 6:08pm

1,I found some bis in korea museum,have nose lamp.but most others have wing lamp,so I think the nose lamp version will be early bis version--(hurry build up during korea war?)

So,we will make bis vsesions with nose lamp and with wing lamp.others like lim-2,s-103,j-2 ,mig-15bis-sb with wing lamp.

But in my resource,most mig-15 have no nose lamp,it is a strange thing.I think they have been modified in 1960s,delete nose lamp?

2,I noticed this color,not only flaps,but also all doors inside,it is another strange thing,I found in china plaaf museum,some have blue-grey inside,some are green ,some are white.And in a pic shows up a mig-15 stored in a u.s. museum,flaps and door inside are white/bare metal color.

So,we will make different layer on those part texture,to meet different aircraft model in service pack.

Lim-6 bis (sturm version)--is it means attacker version? I have seen some mig-17 fresco can carry rocket pod and bombs,using in ground attack role.chinese mig-17 have no this version.they are only shot ground target with the 37mm gun.

horatiub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horatiub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 11:08am
Hello Bill...guys,

I have some interesting video to post...of course,it represents the Bear Studios
MiG-15 in some action....actually some regular training day for my students.
How can I posted it ?
Mail me with instructions...

Thanks HB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 11:45am

is them less than 10mb under zip format?if them are,you can e-mail to me and i find a way to post out one youtube or google vedio service

can not post vedio driect  on simfroums.

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 11:53am

http://www.rapidshare.com/ put it here, after you will recived link for your file

or www.youtube.com - video online

webmaster, YoYosims
horatiub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horatiub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 12:04pm

Here's a link they gave me...

See if it works...

http://rapidshare.com/files/1700364/FDE-ul_tau.wmv.html
YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 12:31pm
Yest it works! Nice! Clap Is it a Portland scenery?
webmaster, YoYosims
horatiub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horatiub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 12:39pm
Yeap, Bear Studios MiG-15UTI,Romanian Air Force later scheme skin and my FDE.
YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 3:28pm

Originally posted by horatiub horatiub wrote:

Yeap, Bear Studios MiG-15UTI,Romanian Air Force later scheme skin and my FDE.

I gave it here too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67s5j8tc0tM

and send to us this repaint! Smile sturmovik@interia.pl

webmaster, YoYosims
horatiub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horatiub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 3:47pm
Not ready yet...the skin...is still in works for final form..will be part of a more
complete Romanian Air Force package...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 4:50pm

I am painting new cockpit texture now,but you can repain your own:the major aircraft skins ramains on the mig_1_t and mig_2_t textures,and have no part position and shape changes on it.

horatiub,I have seen your vedio,it is great!And I can seen your painting on aircraft outside and inside

If you need new texture template,I can send it to you.

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 6:07pm
webmaster, YoYosims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 7:31pm

YoYo.have you seen the new models I send to you?

It standard uti andbis version.but consider all my textures can be used on different models.so you can test it with your new skins.

horatiub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horatiub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 7:44pm

Yes Bill, send me the new templates for textures...how are you going to do it ?
I have my own ftp,and I think that it will be easier in this way.give me your e-mail so I can send you the username and password...
Now, when you say "new models" are you reffering to new 3D models ?
You have new 3D models for the 15 ? Maybe you took out those position lights
imbeded in model...FS2000 style....obsolete.
If you are interested in real FDE for the 15 and/or the upcoming 17 let me know.

Thanks

horatiub

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 7:52pm

ok,I have this e-mail

wolfgen@msn.com

I can send template and new models(standard uti/bis) to you

No,I have not take out position/nav lights from model,otherwise if aircraft engine shell moving out ,the light on tail will not moving with object shape,so we must imbeded lights into models.

We plan to use imbeded lights in our all projects,the lavochkin fighters will have light link to rudder in models,so the rudder moving,light can move with it(la-7 style)

horatiub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horatiub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 9:09pm
Roger Bill,

I've send an e-mail to you with all the info for the ftp.
The ftp is now on line till I'll receive your confirmation
that everything is OK...

horatiub
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic