SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight Environment Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Graphical Content Preview Shots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisNorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Graphical Content Preview Shots
    Posted: December-09-2007 at 7:12am

Hi folks,

Just thought I would give you a quick preview of the next graphical update to FEX, almost complete although some quality checking left to do. We are bringing yet more cloud textures and water textures derived from new photographic source we obtained in further flying trips. This is not just to provide more variation but also to provide different styles. As well as a full range of airport environment textures such as runway/taxiway textures to FEX. All of the new content will work seemlessly with the existing content in FEX and is naturally free.

Please bare in mind, we don't claim to be screenshot artists these are just simple preview shots and so a couple of faults Peter has yet to fix.

Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 7:54am
Beautiful work gentlemen!!Clap

Brent
Artus_407 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artus_407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 8:29am
Holy sh.. ShockedShocked

Now this is really superb work !!!

Respect guys. Respect !!!!

Carsten
gwolb View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwolb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 8:52am
yea, this should be a great update, keep up the good work!!! Thumbs%20Up
Mountain Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 9:53am
Simply amazing.  Good thing you're updating the airport textures, too, because otherwise nobody would want to land!
rhymin View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 10:33am
wow they look real nice
alex330 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 11:28am
This looks fantastic! :D
I really looking forward to your next update.
Will it be released together with the weather engine?

Greetings from Germany
Alex
Andydigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by alex330 alex330 wrote:

This looks fantastic! :D
I really looking forward to your next update.
Will it be released together with the weather engine?

Greetings from Germany
Alex

No the weather engine will come at a later date than the graphical update.

bill0317a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill0317a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 6:34pm

All I can say is WOW!!!! This is really exciting to see - it looks so real.  I can't wait!!!

I do have a couple of questions Chris.

Can I purchase FEX and will it include the full weather engine when released?

Also, are these images an example of what your weather engine creates or are you using the default FSX weather or something else to create these?

Final question is "WHEN" can I get my hands on these type of clouds??

Bill

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 9:27pm
A "basic" version of FEX is available now that includes improved cloud, sky, and water textures along with the ability to fully customize the textures to get whatever look you want.  It's fundamentally a texture replacement, so it works just fine with FSX default, and you get some really nice new flight environments.  Here's a link to some screenshots I took with FEX.

The coming update, according to the information here, includes even more textures, plus airport textures, and whatever else these guys have up their sleeves, and the custom weather engine will come at some point after that.
Peter Wilding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Wilding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 8:18pm

Thanks guys for the postitive feedback,

We've kept busy since the release and there's still some more work to do.

Hope to have some new shots to show soon,

Peter

Vigilius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vigilius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2007 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Peter Wilding Peter Wilding wrote:

Thanks guys for the postitive feedback,

We've kept busy since the release and there's still some more work to do.

Hope to have some new shots to show soon,

Peter

Good, but we want also the upgrade soon Tongue

Ant the weather engine: I miss it!

gjharrall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2007 at 1:09pm
I have to say that ASX gives great results (as long as you turn skyscape off) with FEX.

I look forward to comparing the two weather engines on completion.

Glenn
gjharrall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2007 at 12:15pm
Hi Chris,

Do you have any preview shots of the runway textures yet?

I'm really interested in seeing those.

Thanks,

Glenn
collezio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collezio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 5:18am
Wow Very Good...
When it will be avaiable ?
Ciao ! Filippo-God Bless America !!!
http://route66filippochiara.blogspot.com
VoloVirtuale.com FSX Moderator Forum
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 10:13am
Originally posted by gjharrall gjharrall wrote:

Do you have any preview shots of the runway textures yet?

I'd love to see this as well.
ChrisNorris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisNorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 11:58am

Airport texture screenshots to come very soon. :-)

triton View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2007 at 12:32pm
Amazing Shot's. I knew that this would turn out to be one of the best purchases for FSX :)

How's the testing going..? need any help :)

seriously looking forward to this, hope it makes it out for some holiday flying..

Thanks for keeping us up to date..

Regards

Maurice.

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2007 at 3:11pm
A pre-Christmas release would be nice, but I've also seen what happens when developers rush things, so I don't mind if they take their time to get it right, either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic