SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Reality XP - Unofficial Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew GNS430/530 release on it's way!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New GNS430/530 release on it's way!
    Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:12pm
I've had the pleasure of testing a new 1.6.0. release of the GNS series that adds some interesting features which can be seen on this screenshot of the Carenado Malibu..

Dynamic sharing of the GNS flightplan with FSX, including passing along the next waypoint name (PFD upper left), current track (magenta line), and previous/next track (white line).

Not sure of all the implications with ATC, but this could be welcome news for some of us who have been asking for these updates..

Only weeks away from general release, according to Jean Luc.

Bert
coolp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:31pm
Nice reading about some updates after the rather long (and lasting?) 'silence' on that support side. Thanks for the HU, Bert. Smile Looking forward to the changes.
emc_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emc_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:33pm
Hi Bert,
any chance Jean-Luc fixed the dual PFC 430 setup ?
Best

Emmanuel
Superglide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 1:30pm
Very nice!
Joe Brown
W7 Pro 64b|ASUS Z87 Pro|i7 4770K @4.5|CORS H80i|EVGA GTX780|16GB CORS DOMINTR|FSX ACCL DX11|Rosewill Blackhawk|
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 2:22pm
And one more: Flight1 PC12!

Bert
ryanbATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanbATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:28pm
By the way, will this be a free upgrade or whole new unit?
flya150 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flya150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:53pm
Excellent news. Thanks Bert for the info. Looking foward to the update. I gather FLT and FLN gauges have very little future with every developer now gone to XML 3D gauges. Maybe Jean Luc and put some life back in them and work with Carenado to have them as and optional install.

flya150  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:38am
Quote:

"By the way, will this be a free upgrade or whole new unit?"

According to Jean Luc, version 1.X.X.X will be free upgrades... and this is V 1.6.0.0

Bert
svallott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svallott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 3:12am
Thanks for the infos. What about the update of airacs (maybe Navigraph ?) Regards, Serge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by svallott svallott wrote:

Thanks for the infos. What about the update of airacs (maybe Navigraph ?) Regards, Serge

I think you know the answer... the Garmin database is not Navigraph compatible..   
Bert
Figadas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figadas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 11:41pm
Hi Bert,

Any news or a release date for the update?

Regards,
Igor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 12:44am
I just got a "final build" to test and my guess is that you'll have it in your hands in 10 days time, unless something breaks in the meantime..
Bert
quadraspleen View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quadraspleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 11:41am
Hi All,

This is excellent news!

I have never had any issues using RXp tbh. But....Will it work in P3D now?

Many thanks

jake eyre

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 11:49am
Not, as best I know..
Bert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 8:19pm
If you would like to try it, I can give you a download link..

Send me a PM.
Bert
Figadas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figadas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 12:54pm
great news.

thanks for the update Bert.

regards

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 1:49pm
It also works with the RXP Sandel in FS9

Bert
Octo777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octo777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 11:57am
Awesome news. Any word on x-plane 10 support?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 7:58pm
No idea...
Bert
twharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 6:46pm
So, if I am reading this correctly, this update will allow the GNS430/530WAAS units to "talk" to EADI and EHSI units? What about the JL2 gauges? Does that mean the VNAV will now display on the JL2 during LPV approaches?

Todd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 7:59pm
It shows the flight plan... I'll try an LPV approach and see what happens.
Bert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 8:24pm
No luck with the LPV glideslope on the JL2..
Bert
twharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 9:04pm
Well, bugger. What about the Sandel? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 9:22pm
Send me a PM and I'll send you a download link.

That way you can try it yourself!
Bert
mikekear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikekear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 10:25pm
Oh!! I just bought the GNS530W/Sandel/WX500 yesterday - Do i get to upgrade to the new version?  Or doesnt it affect my products?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by mikekear mikekear wrote:

Oh!! I just bought the GNS530W/Sandel/WX500 yesterday - Do i get to upgrade to the new version?  Or doesnt it affect my products?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Send me a PM if you would like a download link for the new GNS version.
Bert
torkermax View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkermax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 3:12pm
Any news on the 1.6 GNS release date?

Thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 5:45pm
It is held up in some user testing - but works nicely for me!
Bert
Rimshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 6:01am
Excellent news! Looking forward to this update.
Cheers, Bert

Intel i7-4790K, 8 GB RAM, MSI GTX 970, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Prepar3D 4.3
kremin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kremin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2012 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Bert Pieke Bert Pieke wrote:

Send me a PM and I'll send you a download link.

That way you can try it yourself!

Hi Bert,
Thanks for the trial version you sent me the other day. I had hoped to have had a good look at it and report back by now but unfortunately I decided to try it on my laptop FS9/WindowsXP and ran into the usual problems with the DF Dakota - couldn't get it to work - mostly CTDs. This is so annoying because I've got several DF aircraft working fine with RXP on my Windows7/64bit desktop in both FS9 and FSX. Anyway I think I'll start again from scratch with the RXP installation.
By the way do you expect any big changes between the version you sent out and the release version?
best regards
Rick Canham
mikekear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikekear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2012 at 9:02am
G'day Bert, 

I've finally got to trying my v1.6 today too, and it still crashes FS9 on my PC  WinXPPro.  Sorry.   It seems to work ok in the v1.4 but when I install the v1.6, using the instructions you gave me,   it CTD every time. 

Based on the result of Rick Canham in South Australia, I'd guess there is still some work to do in getting it compatible with WinXPPRo/FS9

Cheers
Mike Kear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2012 at 11:42am
The gauge actually works solidly for me on WinXPPro SP3 and FS9..

Attached a screenshot of the PMDG P1900.

Rick, the Dakota uses its own version of the Reality XP gauges, as best I recall. Have you replaced them with the standard rxpGNS gauges?

If you are still on WinXP SP2, you really should go to SP3, since that is the supported environment, according to Jean Luc.

Not sure what problems you guys are running into... I've forwarded Mike's symptoms to Jean Luc, but not sure he has anything to go on..

Bert
mikekear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikekear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2012 at 6:37pm
Jean Luc (or anyone else working on this project) is more than welcome to contact me directly if I can provide more details that will help.  It could be a conflict with some other 3rd party product that's installed in my FS9 and not in yours perhaps.  Or the version of JVM  or something like that.

Either a PM here on the forum or email to mkear (at) afpwebworks (dot) com will get me.  

I think these are splendid products and worthy of any help I can give to make them better.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2012 at 12:21am
Mike, does deleting the "mem" files help at all?

http://www.simforums.com/forums/appcrash-error-with-gns530_topic41816.html
Bert
kremin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kremin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2012 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Bert Pieke Bert Pieke wrote:

Rick, the Dakota uses its own version of the Reality XP gauges, as best I recall. Have you replaced them with the standard rxpGNS gauges?
If you are still on WinXP SP2, you really should go to SP3, since that is the supported environment, according to Jean Luc.
Not sure what problems you guys are running into... I've forwarded Mike's symptoms to Jean Luc, but not sure he has anything to go on..

Hi Bert,
Thanks  - I'm sorry I still haven't had time to look at it further but in response to your comments I have replaced all the DreamFleet RXP gauges and I am running WinXPProSP3. I think I also tried deleting the file in the nonvol folder. I reckon I've had the Dakota flying on my laptop with the WAAS gauges before and as I said there are no problems on my desktop machine running W7/64 so I know what has to be done to a DreamFleet panel.cfg......or at least I should know!.....very annoying but I'll have another go soon.....Unhappy
best regards
Rick Canham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2012 at 10:33am
Hi Rick, I do hope it will work for you, but any error messages in rxp log files or Windows Event logs will be helpful to Jean Luc, in terms of troubleshooting this if it does not improve!
Bert
Erdinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erdinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 2:36pm
Has version 1.6.0 been released already?.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 2:42pm
No, but I believe testing is now complete.

If you would like a copy, send me a PM.
Bert
twharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 3:06pm
So, has the CTD issue been fixed?

Todd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 6:20pm
Todd, lots of people have now tested this version without a CTD..

I can send you the link and you can try it - just keep a copy of the 1.4. version just in case!
Bert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic