SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musiol1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Airport
    Posted: May-03-2018 at 2:56pm
Hello.
I made new airport using ADE (GOBD - Dakar new airport opened in december 2017), but have a problem with OPUS weather on him. Each time i try to run OPUS i get error:
Aplikacja: P3DSERVER.EXE
Wersja architektury: v4.0.30319
Opis: proces został przerwany z powodu nieobsłużonego wyjątku.
Informacje o wyjątku: System.NullReferenceException
   w ew.j()
   w ew.l()
   w ev.l()
   w ev.q()
   w ev.r()
   w System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   w System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I try to rebuild airport base in config menu, install new airac and use makerwy but nothing helped me. Strange thing is that i only airborn and execute OPUS everything is OK. I only can't use it on ground.
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2018 at 3:15pm
Can you explain what you are doing when you say “weather on him”. OpusFSI will download metars for known Met stations. That most likely won’t include your new station unless you have declared it to OpusFSI as a new Met station and metars are uploaded by the station to NOAA. That is, if it is a Met station uploading metar weather reports to NOAA.

Just need to know what you are doing or specifying inside opusfsi for it to generate a null reference so I can try it.

Are you on the ground at the new station, in which case OpusFSI will not recognise your station unless you have declared it to opus.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2018 at 3:32pm
You can declare a new Met station to OpusFSI ... assuming it is a Met station registered with NOAA.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_v5_live_weather2.htm#METAR%20Station%20List%20Corrections%20and%20Additions

Stephen
musiol1 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musiol1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2018 at 6:49am
Thanks for the fast replay.
The new station is GOBD but i didn't see it at the NOAA list (the airport was opened in december 2017 but the last update of this list is 04 OCT 2017).
http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/GOBD.html

To answer your question:
I'm spawning at the new airport (GOBD) and starting OPUS, and then i almost instanly getting fatal error with the message from the my first post. When only i'm aiborn there is no problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2018 at 7:40am
Try defining and declaring the new station to OpusFSI using the above reference. Not as a Met station because it doesn’t appear to be one if it’s not in NOAA. So declare it to opus as an additional station as described in the manual.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2018 at 7:41am
OpusFSI Station Additions

Prior to use please rename your file to OpusFSI_Station_Additions.txt

Enter a list of station additions in the form,

ICAO "station_name" latitude_longitude elevation "country" "runways"

Where

·     the ICAO code always appears at the start of a new line,
·     the elevation is specified in feet amsl, the latitude_longitude is either specified in the free form used in flight plan entries or in the following exact form,
<compass_direction>degrees minutes (mm.mm).
latitude : Ndd mm.mm or Sdd mm.mm   (9 characters)
longutude : Eddd mm.mm or Wddd mm.mm (10 characters)
For example,

EGNX "East Midlands" 52.831111N1.328056W 309 "United Kingdom" "9 27"
EGLL "London Heathrow" N51 28.65 W000 27.68 80 "United Kingdom" "9L 27R 9R 27L"
Additions may also be used as corrections to the current data.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2018 at 7:42am
Then once you’re sat on the ground at the new airport OpusFSI will be able to recognise your location.

Stephen
musiol1 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musiol1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2018 at 9:01am
Thank you very much for your help. Now everything is working correctly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic