SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Navigraph AIRAC Updates for GTN 750

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOGpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navigraph AIRAC Updates for GTN 750
    Posted: April-15-2019 at 11:24am
I purchased the GTN 750 for installation into the XPlane 11 Carenado Cessna Citation S550. Installation went fine and the GPS is fully functional, However, I noted a very outdated AIRAC default with the product.

I subscribe to Navigraph and fully expected to be able to update the AIRAC, but to date have been unsuccessful.

I use the simulator for real world flight training including use of Pilotedge for live ATC interface.

As such, without the ability to update the AIRAC to the most current available, the GPS is useless to me.

Surely there is a way to update the AIRAC that I'm overlooking.

Any advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2019 at 12:02pm
As discussed in the GTN support forum, you cannot update the Garmin navdata with Navigraph.

If this makes the GTN useless to you, I would suggest applying for a 30 day refund.

Sorry, but that is pretty much it.

If you know a real world GTN owner, you may be able to pick up expired navdata from the real unit and install it into the Garmin GTN Trainer, but that is about the only realistic option you have.
Bert
SOGpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOGpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2019 at 12:33pm
Thank you for the information.  

After having tested the GPS simulator with various flight plans including standard terminal arrival routes and departure procedures, there were many that it did not recognize due to it’s out of date AIRAC. 

Definitely not going to get it done for me, so I will take your advice and apply for a refund.

Regards,

Bill

Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by SOGpilot SOGpilot wrote:

Thank you for the information.  

After having tested the GPS simulator with various flight plans including standard terminal arrival routes and departure procedures, there were many that it did not recognize due to it’s out of date AIRAC. 

Definitely not going to get it done for me, so I will take your advice and apply for a refund.

Regards,

Bill

Check your messages..
Bert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic