SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > FSHud - Air Traffic Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MSFS Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MSFS Issues
    Posted: June-11-2022 at 7:59am
Hello,
I just bought FSHUD for MSFS2020 and I find the launch process very long.
Each time I start the app, it has to go through a very long compilation pocess.
Next to that, there is a disappointing issue with large airports like EGLL.I can
see many flights in timetable but only 2 or 3 visible.
There is also nothing explained in your manuals in order to solve traffic issues.
PRD
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 9:48am
It should only go through that launch process one time, then start almost instantly. If it is scanning BGL files every time, it could mean something is modifying your scenery before every launch and the application has to re-scan.

You can submit a ticket via the app, and they can see if there is a problem. Do check the Traffic issues tab (after you select the Airplane icon) to see if there is a conflict. See https://www.fshud.com/#/site/faq for some notes about traffic.

This is from the installation manual (but do submit the ticket).

In the first instance the simulator is used with FSHud - Air Traffic Control, the application will perform the necessary data processing, such as scanning and mapping your simulator BGL files.

This process will only occur when:

1. Updated NavData is Installed, 
2. There were changes in the simulator BGL file library (scenery added/removed).
3. After upgrading the application and the new version requires it.
Steve

phildem1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 2:25pm
Thank you for your quick answer.Bgl compilation issue at startup is solved.
But I still see very very few traffic at large airports.Only around 10 at LFPG Paris Charles De Gaulle with one moving like climbing stairs after take off.
In Dublin EIDW 2 aircrafts are stuck after getting taxi clearance.

Also I would like to know if it is possible to have FSHUD AI control feature disabled at least for
the moment.

A minor concern is about callsign.Is it possible to set FSHUD ATC to use whatever callsign I define via Simbrief or aircraft customization menu of MSFS ?

Thanks for your help
PRD
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 2:34pm
In settings, the AI defaults to 30/30  set it to 0/0.

Then you can run AIG traffic with the AIG traffic manager or any other AI that you were using prior to FSH.  

FSH ATC will stil work 

ProATC-X,Multi Crew Experience, AivalaSoft EFB, CaptainSim 1.5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 2:38pm
Thank you

PRD
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by phildem1975 phildem1975 wrote:

Thank you for your quick answer.Bgl compilation issue at startup is solved.
But I still see very very few traffic at large airports.Only around 10 at LFPG Paris Charles De Gaulle with one moving like climbing stairs after take off.
In Dublin EIDW 2 aircrafts are stuck after getting taxi clearance.

Also I would like to know if it is possible to have FSHUD AI control feature disabled at least for
the moment.

A minor concern is about callsign.Is it possible to set FSHUD ATC to use whatever callsign I define via Simbrief or aircraft customization menu of MSFS ?

Thanks for your help
Hello,
Regarding few traffic - it takes time until traffic imported and injected (several minutes)
Regarding taxi clearance, it wasn't "stuck" but waits because of forecasted conflicts traffic could wait several minutes before departure.
Regarding callsign - it is controlled from MSFS menu as mentioned in manuals.
SimBrief will import flight plan only
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 3:06pm
Actually, you do do not want to set traffic to 0/0 as that will turn it off. I have a powerful PC and actually turn it up to 60/60.

Note the MSFS settings in the manual. Those are very important.
Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 3:08pm
Thank you very much for your help.
In fact, regarding few traffic issue, my concern is that I waited for 10 mn at least.
Anyway, I hope you succeed in populating the sim like AIG Controller does soon.
For the moment having the 60 aircrafts on ground and airborne as set in FSHUD options
would be very good at large airports.
Just had an update from v.1.1.9 to v.1.1.13 but the release notes are the same as v1.1.9.
Is there a major change between versions?

I wish you good luck in developing this amazing and promising software and I'm sure, according to the quickness of the help you provide me, that soon FSHUD will reach perfection.

CHEERS
PRD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 3:12pm
Hi Steve,
I have set the option to 60\60 from the beginning
PRD
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 3:15pm

Thank you very much for your help.
In fact, regarding few traffic issue, my concern is that I waited for 10 mn at least.
Anyway, I hope you succeed in populating the sim like AIG Controller does soon.
For the moment having the 60 aircrafts on ground and airborne as set in FSHUD options
would be very good at large airports.
Just had an update from v.1.1.9 to v.1.1.13 but the release notes are the same as v1.1.9.
Is there a major change between versions?

I wish you good luck in developing this amazing and promising software and I'm sure, according to the quickness of the help you provide me, that soon FSHUD will reach perfection.

CHEERS
Thank you,
Regarding  v.1.1.9 to v.1.1.13 but the release notes are the same as v1.1.9 - it was a hotfix for some issues.
We are providing very frequent hotfixes for found issues so it's meaningless to fill up release notes with large list of hotfixes.
From the other side, we don't want to accumulate it to less frequent releases while we know there are issues in production.
We recommend always upgrade to most recent version.
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Andy1966uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy1966uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 6:37pm
I have tried with AIG TRaffic, and whilst I can inject traffic with AIG, FSHud does not show the traffic...
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2022 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Andy1966uk Andy1966uk wrote:

I have tried with AIG TRaffic, and whilst I can inject traffic with AIG, FSHud does not show the traffic...
Please follow manuals information about how it works.
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Sleepy21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2022 at 3:33pm
Thinking of buying FSHUD for use with MSFS. I understand you can use AIG to have their planes and liveries, but unsure of how it ties in with FSHUD. Do I run the AIG Traffic Controller at the same time? Or will FSHUD populate the AI with liveries, planes and callsigns from AIG without AIG Traffic Controller running?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2022 at 5:00pm
No, you do not run the AIG Traffic Controller. You let FSHud handle that. We make use of the AIG installed traffic and read it. If you run the AIG Traffic Controller it will cause unpredictable behavior, so leave it to FSHud to inject the traffic.
Steve

Dwaohio1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwaohio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2022 at 7:52pm
I was flying in Modesto Airport in the air traffic controller was in Oakland airport which doesn’t make sense. When I got up in the air and it was even worse it never chose The right controller.
Dwaohio1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwaohio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2022 at 7:55pm
Wrong controllers for airports and inflight.
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2022 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Dwaohio1 Dwaohio1 wrote:

Wrong controllers for airports and inflight.
Hello,
Can you please provide examples?
Thank you
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Dwaohio1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwaohio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2022 at 10:40pm
I was flying at Modesto Airport.  It was telling me I was talking to Oakland Ground and then it went downhill from there with wrong controllers. 
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2022 at 8:16am
Can you please provide more details about it?

Location, Actual controller, expected controller

It's very hard to understand what was and what should be.

Also it's better if you perform this flight again and open a ticket from application 
(With monitoring data it would be more clear).
Thank you
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Dwaohio1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwaohio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2022 at 5:32pm
It’s me again. I think I figured out the controller situation.  Now I'm having sound problems.  On the ground I sometimes I get sound and complete Controller interaction.  in the air I get partial sound but it doesn’t allow the controller to go to the next phase of flight. When it hangs up like that I have to go to the UI and then the controller goes to the next phase of flight with sound.
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2022 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Dwaohio1 Dwaohio1 wrote:

It’s me again. I think I figured out the controller situation.  Now I'm having sound problems.  On the ground I sometimes I get sound and complete Controller interaction.  in the air I get partial sound but it doesn’t allow the controller to go to the next phase of flight. When it hangs up like that I have to go to the UI and then the controller goes to the next phase of flight with sound.
Please open a ticket regarding this issue.
Thank You,

FSHud Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 1:01am
Hello,
I wanted to thank you for the very quick updates.Also was wondering if traffic display has improved with version 1.1.44.0. Do we have now the right amount of traffic at every airports,
especially when traffic is set to 60/60?

Cheers
PRD
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 1:48am

Hello,
I wanted to thank you for the very quick updates.Also was wondering if traffic display has improved with version 1.1.44.0. Do we have now the right amount of traffic at every airports,
especially when traffic is set to 60/60?

Cheers
In version 1.1.44 traffic loading was improved and CPU usage reduced.
Regarding exactly 60/60 - there are several factors about it:
The application validates if traffic aircraft is even able to perform scheduled flight in terms of airport existence and airport validation (with capable runway and connected capable parking).
Therefore there can be less traffic.
Thank You,

FSHud Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2022 at 10:41pm
It is just a suggestion based on my opinion but I think I must express it to FSHUD dev team.
As currently almost everybody complains about the broken immersion caused by the lack of AI Traffic and its strange behavior on ground,take off and landing, couldn't you FSHUD Team give us the choice of reverting to a more classic kind of interaction between ATC and AI Traffic( like PF3 Oncourse software and ProATCx).I think the way FSHUD delivers ATC to users aircrafts can be a game changer but AI features are simply not catching up, at least for the moment.
Just let AIG Controller inject traffic and interact with it the classic way, focusing on user aircraft.
Like that we can fully enjoy FSHUD's ATC capabilities and hear AI aircrafts interactions too, but with airports and sky duly populated the AIG way.

PRD
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 8:11am

It is just a suggestion based on my opinion but I think I must express it to FSHUD dev team.
As currently almost everybody complains about the broken immersion caused by the lack of AI Traffic and its strange behavior on ground,take off and landing, couldn't you FSHUD Team give us the choice of reverting to a more classic kind of interaction between ATC and AI Traffic( like PF3 Oncourse software and ProATCx).I think the way FSHUD delivers ATC to users aircrafts can be a game changer but AI features are simply not catching up, at least for the moment.
Just let AIG Controller inject traffic and interact with it the classic way, focusing on user aircraft.
Like that we can fully enjoy FSHUD's ATC capabilities and hear AI aircrafts interactions too, but with airports and sky duly populated the AIG way.

Hello,
I suggest you to read following topic:
https://www.simforums.com/forums/understanding-fshudair-traffic-control-traffic_topic64710.html

Mostly if we are talking about your "classic" way - it means that application should become kind of "ATC chat agent" that actually doesn't control anything but just giving next instructions to user according his state without awareness of separation an conflicts which are the root of ATC.
Thank You,

FSHud Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 9:41am
Originally posted by FSHudATC FSHudATC wrote:

Hello,
https://www.simforums.com/forums/understanding-fshudair-traffic-control-traffic_topic64710.html

Mostly if we are talking about your "classic" way - it means that application should become kind of "ATC chat agent" that actually doesn't control anything but just giving next instructions to user according his state without awareness of separation an conflicts which are the root of ATC.

Hello again,
In fact I red it way before giving you my money.Does your software deliver what you announced. No, not totally.In fact it controls Ai Traffic by reducing the amount of it.
I suppose the more traffic it would spawn the more CPU usage users would face, putting
performance at a very low level.I can easily cope with 60 aircrafts on ground and 60 others in the skies surrounding me.But having 5 aircrafts at JFK , LAX or Heathrow and like 3 or 4 aircrafts enroute while flying to my destination is unacceptable.Having Ai aircrafts jumping after take off like it was climbing stairs is ruining our experience too.Even if I think that last one is not too serious.Simming as you may know is about immersion.And immersion is broken using FSHUD.Do you have a clear solution to solve what I believe is the main issue of your software? If yes you should tell us approximatly when we can expect it instead of telling me to read a topic I red already and that convinced me to buy FSHUD.I'm not a refund guy and have no intention to get seperated from FSHUD as once again I truly like the way ATC manages my flights.
But you have to do something fast about AI Traffic.Please.

PRD
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 10:56am
It is constantly a work in progress to improve it. We are dealing with the limits of MSFS, which are currently huge as they left out basic functions that were available since 2006!

We are not saying there should be traffic like Ultimate Traffic Live, and not saying there should be only one aircraft taxing either.

If you look at the release notes it is a constant stream of analyzing BGL and other conflicts, making tweaks, etc. Some users have more traffic, and others not. And when MSFS is fixed to allow traffic like FSX/P3D, it will change how it has to be done, lower CPU's, etc.

We are trying in the best way we know how, or else we have to allow MSFS handle the flow of traffic, which would completely lower CPU's, but it would be planes flying everywhere with FSHud ATC not able to make use of them in a orderly fashion that makes for a real ATC environment. That is why we hope folks enjoy it for what it does in amazing ways, and are patient as MSFS and FSHud both move forward.

I know this is not the exact answer... and we do not have one that fits everyone. But believe us, we are trying!

Steve

FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 11:03am

Originally posted by FSHudATC FSHudATC wrote:

Hello,

Hello again,
In fact I red it way before giving you my money.Does your software deliver what you announced. No, not totally.In fact it controls Ai Traffic by reducing the amount of it.
I suppose the more traffic it would spawn the more CPU usage users would face, putting
performance at a very low level.I can easily cope with 60 aircrafts on ground and 60 others in the skies surrounding me.But having 5 aircrafts at JFK , LAX or Heathrow and like 3 or 4 aircrafts enroute while flying to my destination is unacceptable.Having Ai aircrafts jumping after take off like it was climbing stairs is ruining our experience too.Even if I think that last one is not too serious.Simming as you may know is about immersion.And immersion is broken using FSHUD.Do you have a clear solution to solve what I believe is the main issue of your software? If yes you should tell us approximatly when we can expect it instead of telling me to read a topic I red already and that convinced me to buy FSHUD.I'm not a refund guy and have no intention to get seperated from FSHUD as once again I truly like the way ATC manages my flights.
But you have to do something fast about AI Traffic.Please.

Beside of that, you've said about "But having 5 aircrafts at JFK , LAX or Heathrow and like 3 or 4 aircrafts enroute" - what version are you currently using?
Thank You,

FSHud Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildem1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 11:11am
I use v 1.1.44 and my AI traffic setting is 60/60.
I run MSFS 2020 on Win 11 ,i7 10700K, RTX 3080, 2Tb SSD and 64 Gb of RAM
PRD
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 11:34am

I use v 1.1.44 and my AI traffic setting is 60/60.
I run MSFS 2020 on Win 11 ,i7 10700K, RTX 3080, 2Tb SSD and 64 Gb of RAM
Therefore - please open a ticket from application, also please review "traffic issue" section in traffic tab of the panel ("Airplane with clock").
Because in version 1.1.44 traffic migration and injection improved - and there shouldn't be 3-4 aircrafts.
Mostly the traffic tab ("Airplane with clock") provides information about the traffic.
Thank You,

FSHud Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic