SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MSFS is back?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by alainneedle1 alainneedle1 wrote:

As far as I can can tell (got this from the bellboy, cost me $50.00) this sim will be on a class of it's own and will drag a lot of simmers into it.

Drag is good word. Bellboy?  Elevator guy?   ….  the best info and dirt has always come from the doorman (they see who is coming and going together) and 50 bucks for good dirt is a insult. LOL  This isn't 1980  Big smileLOL

Originally posted by alainneedle1 alainneedle1 wrote:

I would be floored if MS does not prevent a developer from taking advantage of a system/market over other developers,

Who knows what has been and is going on behind the scenes right now. The devil is always in the details. If their new system is designed to assure no one can use anything underhanded, I might look into it.

Any developer who would jump in the game with the deck stacked is a fool.

alainneedle1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Who knows what has been and is going on behind the scenes right now. The devil is always in the details. If their new system is designed to assure no one can use anything underhanded, I might look into it.

Any developer who would jump in the game with the deck stacked is a fool.

Well, I just spent four hours with the guys in the boiler room (I played poker) and they are aware of the extremely high demand of the past like 55% - 60% to have the right to showcase on somebody else storefront, as far as I can tell (had to get the boiler guys drunk) and since some players/middleman of the past will probably not be at the doorway MS may not be as avaricious ...it's MS so who knows.... anyway I got my $50.00 spent on the bellboy back from the boiler guys with a 4 of a kind..I'm happy..Party
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 8:46pm
That's great

Having a partner that is officially FAA certified (and acquiring more certs) is a pretty impressive association to have when you are trying to sell new Flight Simulator software and move away from the very bad faux pas of the past....

Perhaps they should give Flight1 Tech a call and request a meeting. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2019 at 10:23am
Don't think they are looking for a partner...

From the maid..."AS-MSFS registration you are seeing on airplanes is for ASOBO and MSFS...Also Azur artificial intelligence is in use to help with restriction of satellite imagery"..

Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2019 at 11:27am
The discussion is completely moot till the product is out and where it and how it is supported can be properly evaluated. I don't doubt there are going to be changes because they would be totally daft to launch a product that looks like FSX all over again. But where this all goes including what kind of hardware it will take to run it satisfactorily (there's a big one) regardless of what the doorman, maid or bellhop says we wont know until then.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

The discussion is completely moot 

we wont know until then.

#1: moot...are you completly and 100% sure?

#2: Until then... of course we wont "officially" know until then but until we officially know then what about keeping it unofficially interestingly fun.

Now about the hardware to run it...this is as much l can tell you......."I'll take Hardware for $500.00 Alex"....Daily DOUBLE...Shocked..Question: ..."If you can't run a game on tomorrow's  hardware what's the alternative?" ...answer..."What is running on today's hardware?"......ding, ding, ding..you're a winner....LOL..today's game are not built with what's in the future, they have built the new simulator (should l say from scratch?) knowing that a slide show from the past would be received with a collective indignation.

Keeping it interesting...

Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Zotac GTX 480 AMP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2019 at 2:42pm
Hey! Nick, where is your last post about the cheerleaders? Have you deleted it because it was a funny one? 

Since you want a little more then the peoples I know working in my building thais can interest you, if you don't read french (I can as I'm fluent in it) have google translate this for you, I copied what's interesting below, scroll down at about 3/4 of the article..

L’industrie française, sixième, tient son rang. A Los Angeles, seize projets principalement conçus dans l’Hexagone ont été présentés ou cités sous une forme ou une autre, dont certains ont marqué les esprits, comme le retour de la licence Microsoft Flight Simulator par les Bordelais d’Asobo, le nouveau projet intriguant des Lyonnais d’Arkane, Death Loop, ou le toujours très populaire jeu de danse d’Ubisoft Montreuil, Just Dance 2020.
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2019 at 9:10pm
Yea I had to delete the post. I called and they didn't have your size in stock, would have to be custom made.

Yes, I can read French
KanadaKen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KanadaKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2019 at 3:43pm
Well this announcement certainly peeked my interest, and brought me back from the proverbial FSX dead! LOL!
Flying a 2 Seat Simulator Toronto Canada YouTube:KennyKanada
i7 2600k OC-4.5G, GTX680, P8Z68VPro, Mushkin 8G 9-9-9-24, Corsair1050w, CorsairH90, 256SSD, x2-300VRAP, Epson WXGA PowerLite 1760W, W7x64

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2019 at 2:55pm
Well...I've heard that Nidia is in a way involve with this new platform driver wise...do I hear ray tracing....and as always, this info is coming from the assistant director of the laundry room.

Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic