SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MSFS is back?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MSFS is back?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
rennman View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-17-2003
Points: 3364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MSFS is back?
    Posted: June-09-2019 at 9:20pm
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2019 at 10:17pm
Yes, its real
 
But its also Xbox only which means it probably isn't the Flight Simulator we know today but a different game version of it...  that aspect of it and the details of what it does with respect to MSFS has not been exposed. However there will be changes to the ground out of the box... https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/news/microsoft-partners-inmarsat-satellite-iot/
 
I could tell you more but then I would have to kill you  Clown
 
 
 
 
 
Back to Top
rennman View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-17-2003
Points: 3364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 5:59am
I expect it's just a matter of time before a PC version is made...I just hope it's not "arcade"

But looks wise, it blows away everything. IMO.
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:36am
It did in 2006-2007 too when they release the 'god ray" marketing image for the upcoming FSX for Microsoft DirectX 10 that disappeared shortly after and has never been seen since.
 
Every version of that Microsoft marketing picture for FSX/DX10, that was nothing but a big fat lie, has basically been erased from the internet. LOL
Back to Top
vic_baron View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: October-03-2007
Points: 1009
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

It did in 2006-2007 too when they release the 'god ray" marketing image for the upcoming FSX for Microsoft DirectX 10 that disappeared shortly after and has never been seen since.
 
Every version of that Microsoft marketing picture for FSX/DX10, that was nothing but a big fat lie, has basically been erased from the internet. LOL

I was about to post the same thing. How quickly we forget.......
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 RTX2080ti 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by vic_baron vic_baron wrote:


I was about to post the same thing. How quickly we forget.......
 
 
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

 
What did you expect from a software title that has had a 'glamour shots' lipstick and makeup job from its FSX Steam sibling? LOL Big smile
 
Its the same song just a different tune
 
And do you know what is really SAD?  The 'Canyon Flight" test environmental visual environment in 3DMark06 that came out in 2005 looks 100x better than Prepar3D 4x out of the box in 2019
 
 
 
 
 
...and even sorrier,.. 3DM06 has realistic visual 'god-rays' light bloom and water
 
 
 
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 3:00pm
Apparently the webpage for it is up and its listed as Windows 10 PC and Xbox
 
I am not going to hold my breath or get excited about it this time around. The last simulator that was worth the hype was FS9. FSX was a letdown and a marking scam joke, it wasn't funny at the time. The only reason we got a SP1 and SP2 is because it didn't even run in DirectX 10 when released and they were looking at some serious truth in advertising laws being broken..and FSX DX10 was never finished ta boot! 
Back to Top
rennman View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-17-2003
Points: 3364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 8:27pm
I agree...NO game ever looks as good in gameplay as it does in the promos...But it does look like the MSFS development team has been resurrected from the dead?
Back to Top
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: August-04-2002
Location: KRNO
Points: 4965
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 8:58pm
I saw this mentioned elsewhere too...

The game is set to launch for Windows PC first in 2020 and an Xbox One release will follow later.

Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Back to Top
Jymp View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: August-15-2009
Points: 231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jymp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2019 at 7:11am
IF they make it open to modders, and NO subscriptions, it will sell fine, despite folks having to upgrade their hardware, however this is Microsoft, we all know to well how misguided this bunch can be...
Back to Top
ryanbATC View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: December-17-2002
Points: 1424
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanbATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2019 at 1:53pm
It will likely be subscription based....they're using streamed ortho/satellite textures. But I'm excited!
Back to Top
Fly happy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: October-10-2012
Location: Sweden
Points: 871
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2019 at 4:30pm
Whatever happens I will follow the progress with popcorn and coke LOL
Hans

W7/64 Ultimate, FSX Gold, SB-E 3930K @ 4.7, Sabertooth X79, GTX580, 4x2GB G.Skill RipjawsZ @ 2133-9-11-10-28-1T, Corsair H110+Obsidian 900D,Seasonic P-1000, GEX, UTX, UT2, REX, S-Tech LC, NGX.
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2019 at 11:58pm

MSFS is back?

Its not back...   its just being shucked and jived right now  LOL   Approve    Clown   LOL
Back to Top
Bert Pieke View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-03-2003
Location: Canada
Points: 5722
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Fly happy Fly happy wrote:

Whatever happens I will follow the progress with popcorn and coke LOL


+1
Bert
Back to Top
Fly happy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: October-10-2012
Location: Sweden
Points: 871
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2019 at 2:04am
MS dropped a bombshell on the community just out of nowhere. It amazes me how they managed to keep the lid on for so long. Development must have been going on for quite a while by now.
Hans

W7/64 Ultimate, FSX Gold, SB-E 3930K @ 4.7, Sabertooth X79, GTX580, 4x2GB G.Skill RipjawsZ @ 2133-9-11-10-28-1T, Corsair H110+Obsidian 900D,Seasonic P-1000, GEX, UTX, UT2, REX, S-Tech LC, NGX.
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2019 at 4:21pm
I remember a guy writing on Avsim forums (and other forums) long time ago about the last flight simulator that bombed, he was call all kind of names regarding what he was saying as he told a lot on what he knew of what is today Flight, here is some of the things he told..."Flight = pig with lip stick on, buying add-ons from store, developpers involved and on and on and on".. at the end everything that he said was right on, some had to eat their words...

After the dust settled the last thing I remember him saying was that MS was FAR from done with flight simulator, he was the butt of the joke again...I wish I could remember his name...Wink...anyway strap yourself in as you're in for a GREAT ride...
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 11:13am
The only ride I am in for, is the new MS marketing engine
 
 
BTW,.. that sig hardware,   the 980X and a GTX480
 
That's some real stuff thare! 
 
 
Hit the Tiki bar  SW 12th street , bring quarters for the meter..  park,.. walk north on boardwalk 100-150 yards
 
be sure to tip well. Person behind the bar gets you to where you want to be.  Beer
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 11:42am
Yeah! indeed I still have that old rig, it's working fine for what I need right now.

Great engine....let's wait.


Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 12:44pm
You do know what P3Dv4 is, right? It wont run on what you have.
 
How are going to run this new MS, mess, (every pun intended) on that rig?
 
J/K  Beer
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 1:35pm
I don't have P3Dv4, I've read the EULA and according to it l can't use P3Dv4....Wink

Of course l'll need a new rig if only for the 4K visual  Thumbs Up (l'm still using the first 4K tv that came on the market, Sharp 70UD1 THX certified), all my tv's are 4K with a high end Klispsch sound system.

Alain
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 9:21pm
4K?
 
Hahahhaaaa  ahhaaaa
 
Ok well, yea you can go that route.
 
Didn't you get the memo? Anyone can use P3D..  you just hafta lie and agree, like everyone else does..  and no one will come after you. Every legitimate academic or other license software company has a check and balance system to assure proper use/license.
 
 
 
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 10:54pm
I know that you know that there is more to LM story, (by the way the EULA is above the memo..LOL)..Because of the slow death of FSX some developpers needed a second source of income and LM/P3D provided it, either you cash in or you don't and they were the first one (some developers) behind closed door crying foul play when discussions about the legitimity of a license for a buyer was discussed on their forum, some kind of divine intervention if you can read between the lines.

The none discussions rules on some forums was not applied because there was a grey area but to kinda create one where there is none and to not scare potential buyers, anybody that can read english can understand the EULA and it is clear as crystal, either you qualify or you don't, you just can't qualify because you feel like you do but with this qualifying feeling you are able to get your fix so you can feel better about yourself.

Back to LM, in cahoots with some developers (3rd party one) and l don't need to name them, who needed to rebrand the same add-ons and squeeze more money out of them, not been able to use P3D by following the EULA would mean less $$ in their pockets, l can't blame them for making a living and doing business this way but give me a break about the EULA.

I said that the switch from the old platform to this new one will be a no brainer as long as one does not stay to emotionally attached to their old add-ons and are welling to play by MS's new rules.

Until then STAY TUNED...


Alain

Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 1:58am
Not sure what developer you are referring too, however to do it legally and correct in the USA, the GEP3D product had to go through a corporate software licensing firm I will refer to as: "Dewey Cheatem and Howe" as well as rework nearly all the tiles so the ones that were changed in the LM landclass alterations were correct as well as the significant coloring changes due too the shader engine changes.
 
I hope you are not referring to GEP3D because there was never any 'cahoots' involved and it actually cost us more money than it was ever worth to move the GEX line over to P3D for the kiddie show, professional side is different. 
 
In example, lets say we bid to setup 10 hardware/software simulator stations at the University of <INSERT NAME>. In order to even begin to qualify for such a bid we must have on record full license certification that complies to LM's EULA's for all software to be included with the bid as well as certify the source material used for graphics is licensed for commercial use.
 
So if GEP3D is what you refer too, you have no idea what you are talking about when you say: Give me a break about the EULA, however if I could do it all over again, I may not bother offering it to the hobby market and I could care less what they think about our motives. 
 
They vilified and drug me through the dirt simply because I pointed out what would happen 6 years ago if a developer doesn't make their product easy to disable or not remove its control when uninstalled, what did, AND is still unrelentlessly happening today: https://www.simforums.com/forums/answered-what-can-cause-this-scenery-anomaly_topic60928_post387732.html#387732
 
 
I will never embrace a Flightsim that is shoveled to me "AS-IS" and neither will the rest of the FS world followers
 
 
Back to Top
robmw View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: April-02-2005
Location: United Kingdom
Points: 303
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

They vilified and drug me through the dirt simply because I pointed out what would happen 6 years ago if a developer doesn't make their product easy to disable or not remove its control when uninstalled, what did, AND is still unrelentlessly happening today: https://www.simforums.com/forums/answered-what-can-cause-this-scenery-anomaly_topic60928_post387732.html#387732

I remember that well. It doesn't take too much investigation to see what is going on but for that you do need to know it's happening in the first place. If you just see the anomalies and aren't aware of what might be underlying it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Seriously, a side-by-side comparison of before and after some products install is very revealing. If you can do that you learn a lot and potentially can keep out of trouble. Unfortunately there are only a few who choose to make that much effort. I'm only happy to use an add-on if I can stay in control and reverse its effects if need be.


i7 4790K @4.4 GHz, Asus Z97 Deluxe, 8GB 2400 DDR3, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, Samsung SSDs 850 Pro + WD HD, Windows 7 Pro 64.
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 10:17am
I'm not talking about the REAL professional/academic market here or the one playing by the rules.

Let say there is a bar somewhere/LM where you can go have a drink or twelve and you won't be ask to provide a piece of identification at the door whatsoever, after entering the place you can drink beer/academic of if you feel like it have a drink of hard liquor/professional, on the top of that you already know that there is no enforcer of the law/LM's verification team that will ever ask you for your identification before you start drinking, what kind of drinkers do you think this place will get...the professional/academic drinkers that are over 21 and qualify to do so who know they are in the boundary of the law/EULA as written, you will also have the under age one that want to drink regardless of the laws/EULA who know full well that the law/EULA is bs as they will never get cut unless the bar/LM start asking for identification at the door or before you start drinking after you paid for the drink.

On the top of that you have the alcool suppliers/developers who provide some new formulated alcool/add-ons to the bar who are like.."Since the bar?LM as a alcohol license I don't care who's drinking it it's not my problem, I just want to make a dollar cause if it ain't me selling my booze/add-ons somebody else will"..and there you have it.

I will never embrace a Flightsim that is shoveled to me "AS-IS" and neither will the rest of the FS world followers

If "AS-IS" is as near to or a complete sim the embracing won't be hard to do unless you don't like some MS rules like a monthly subscription..remember what I said, hard core pilots are involved in it so they won't settle for a half a$$ sim.....but again what do I know..
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 11:17am
We aren't going to beat the EULA dead horse here but the bottom line is, for years there have been systems in place and used by software companies that verify student ID's and other educational facility information that is kept on record which in turn can and is used all the time to verify an individuals status for academic software license, same with corporate and professionals.
 
If they choose not to use such systems or enforce their own established rules, the ones they wrote, or only enforce when required and for what ever reason, that's their choice. There is no outside law that demands they must with everyone so the drinking analogy doesn't work.
 
Any business or institution on the other hand can not risk being audited and found to not be in compliance because that could potentially lead to real lawsuits and possible criminal liability, therefore requiring documentation than establishes the products they use are in compliance are essential, regardless of if it is known no one is enforcing the rules, or not. That could change overnight at anytime, or, something could go down whereby someone is found to be using graphics, logo's, pilfered model or other work and then the institution can be in deep doo-doo for using the product that is not compliant. 
 
If you personally choose not to use something because you believe that you do not qualify to use it under the established rules even though a precedence has been seen for years that suggests its not a issue, that is your choice. But in order to maintain a business around all this the developers involved must comply with or without threat of audit for compliances.
 
So you do as you think you should, everyone else will too and those who work in the business will do as they must to protect their interest and ensure their compliance.
 
 
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by alainneedle1 alainneedle1 wrote:


If "AS-IS" is as near to or a complete sim the embracing won't be hard to do unless you don't like some MS rules like a monthly subscription..remember what I said, hard core pilots are involved in it so they won't settle for a half a$$ sim.....but again what do I know..
 
That's just it..   real pilots were involved with MSFS development at MS for decades and they sat there and said things like 'no one will want to fly anything but the default aircraft we make'  so what exactly is different,.. now? 
 
How you define a 'nearly complete sim' and how someone else does is two different things. How you define the quality of the environment and someone else does is 2 different things. That is why the original open 'sandbox' design was established to begin with so it can be customized. If they intend to do away with that and I can only obtain things directly through their direct control, (or none at all unless they provide it default), that was called "Flight" as far as I am concerned but we all just have to wait and see how this unfolds.
 
 
 
 
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

We aren't going to beat the EULA dead horse here but the bottom line is, for years there have been systems in place and used by software companies that verify student ID's and other educational facility information that is kept on record which in turn can and is used all the time to verify an individuals status for academic software license, same with corporate and professionals.
 
If they choose not to use such systems or enforce their own established rules, the ones they wrote, or only enforce when required and for what ever reason, that's their choice. There is no outside law that demands they must with everyone so the drinking analogy doesn't work.
 
Any business or institution on the other hand can not risk being audited and found to not be in compliance because that could potentially lead to real lawsuits and possible criminal liability, therefore requiring documentation than establishes the products they use are in compliance are essential, regardless of if it is known no one is enforcing the rules, or not. That could change overnight at anytime, or, something could go down whereby someone is found to be using graphics, logo's, pilfered model or other work and then the institution can be in deep doo-doo for using the product that is not compliant. 
 
If you personally choose not to use something because you believe that you do not qualify to use it under the established rules even though a precedence has been seen for years that suggests its not a issue, that is your choice. But in order to maintain a business around all this the developers involved must comply with or without threat of audit for compliances.
 
So you do as you think you should, everyone else will too and those who work in the business will do as they must to protect their interest and ensure their compliance.
 
 

I'm in no disagreement with you here, and I can care less about who's doing what and where and I'm surely not pointing the finger at you or Flight1, it's a dead horse, LM won't do anything about it (using such a system to verify) BECAUSE that was their intention from the beginning not to do so with P3D leaving the door open (for drinking), starting to use a system to verify is in no need here as I'm sure everybody is complying with the EULA so no need to be scare for the future.....right?

Alright, I had to take my feet out of the sand to write this...back to the beach..LOL 

Handshake  Beer
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Originally posted by alainneedle1 alainneedle1 wrote:


If "AS-IS" is as near to or a complete sim the embracing won't be hard to do unless you don't like some MS rules like a monthly subscription..remember what I said, hard core pilots are involved in it so they won't settle for a half a$$ sim.....but again what do I know..
 
That's just it..   real pilots were involved with MSFS development at MS for decades and they sat there and said things like 'no one will want to fly anything but the default aircraft we make'  so what exactly is different,.. now? 
 
How you define a 'nearly complete sim' and how someone else does is two different things. How you define the quality of the environment and someone else does is 2 different things. That is why the original open 'sandbox' design was established to begin with so it can be customized. If they intend to do away with that and I can only obtain things directly through their direct control, (or none at all unless they provide it default), that was called "Flight" as far as I am concerned but we all just have to wait and see how this unfolds.
 
 
 
 

Of course there will always be the naysayer for whatever reason, the first one will be the one with a bunch of $$$ invested in other platform and not wanting to change for that reason or not wanting to pay a monthly fee or the others who will bitc$ at the sim not been realistic enough as they did not feel the turbulences hitting the couch where their a$$ was sitting on...LOL...making everybody happy?? it's impossible to achieve regardless of what you are doing.

At the time MSFS would have been a great step up compare to what was there before if DX10 had been finished and implemented as intended and the sand box was there for a legitimate reason and still you were limited by the code.

Now we have google earth we can use or clouds computing and stuff like. I'm just asking....what if google earth is use in conjunction with the new platform?? This time you will really see your house right (if done properly of course)??.. let's pretend that their planes will be fully functional out of the box what's left to play with in the sand box, making better looking moving cars boats or train maybe, Furthermore can you imagine if we can take advantage of hyperthreading with the latest and greatest CPU available....pffff...count me in.

This sim started severals and I mean severals moons ago, let's wait and see what they will come up with......again... what do I know, time for another drink...WAITRESS!!!
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
cal2177 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: November-12-2005
Location: KGRK
Points: 2959
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 7:26pm
I suspect LM did only enough to satisfy the arrangement they have with MS and no more. Minimizing compliance = more sales
John Patterson
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 3:44am
Originally posted by alainneedle1 alainneedle1 wrote:


This sim started severals and I mean severals moons ago, let's wait and see what they will come up with......again... what do I know, time for another drink...WAITRESS!!!
 
Skip the feet, … place head in sand.   You are are cleared for takeoff! 
 
You have no clue as to what sat image looks like (G-earth or otherwise) in a sim even if it shows your house.
 
It looks like the Hollywood Squares @ 5000ft+ because of the sat camera changes for day/date/year/azimuth and elevation of the sun.
 
That can be fixed if there is a huge team reworking the sat imagry for color and lighting balance then reissuing to a server that is exclusive of what one may get online with the internet.
 
Perhaps that is what they are doing. 
 
 
That undertaking might be the labor equivalent of Rockefeller Plaza including the secretary and janitor staff so cut the "I talked to some guy at MS" because he is either full of it, or you are.... and enjoy the beach.
 
If they manage to mitigate the technical I outlined and may have a new miracle source provider, then I will eat my words.  But we can stop the RA-RA cheerleader nonsense here until then.
 
 
..and even if that is so, if they dictate what I can fly and not fly, and also dictate weather, AI. etc      I would leave my head in the sand. 
 
 
 
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 9:55am
LOL....l laugh my a$$ off reading you, you know l love you don't you..Hug

I did not talk to the janitor as he was busy cleaning an old mess. 

l don't need to see my house, that was to underline peoples who want everything and may not get everything as pointed out by saying that not everybody can be happy.

When l said playing by their rules that does not mean that everything is out of reach, it mean that if you wanna play here is what you need to do...exp: monthly fee, sand box and maybe not.

As you said, we'll see at release..

Thumbs Up
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by alainneedle1 alainneedle1 wrote:

LOL....l laugh my a$$ off reading you, you know l love you don't you..Hug

Thumbs Up
 
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 7:37pm
A little more...reading it can you tell if 3RD party is already involved or will be...MS rules if they are not yet?

Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

if they are going to allow direct 3rd party with no intervention at the checkout line, that's one thing...  but if I have to give them my first born, and provide a annual sacrifice to appease the MS gods,..  they can go suck an egg Big smile LOL
 
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 11:19am
Well...don't put all your eggs in the same basket..LOL

I remember some saying that they will not get onboard with LM for reasons of their own and also in case LM change the rules overnight BUT guess what... they did,...you know the old saying right....money talk and bull$hit walk...when  money is involve and there is a opportunity to make some peoples will get in line ...so apply this to the new platform because if it's not you somebody else will.

Why (if this is the case) will MS not take their cut at the door, they are giving an opportunity for 3DR party welling to play with them to make money on the back of THEIR new platform...so they should just expect you to say thank you??? 

Now, if the cut asked by them at the door is in your eyes to much (and it may be) it is up to you to decide, the winner(s) will be the one with the best of the best add-ons attracting buyers and more buyers in their store = more $$ in their pocket as long as they are the #1 seller unless they are happy with what they have as of now.

Build it and they will come...




Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 11:43am
...not when they take 50%+ or demand the price of your addon is no more than 19.95. That's what happened with the last FS11. When they were told to go suck an egg, that entire group was shut down and it went directly to MS FLIGHT.
 
LM doesn't control any cash register at all other than their own. Its no different than selling FSX addons, however, because of the rules they setup and the fact that it is NOT FOR ENTERTAINMENT and designed for use in the professional/military market, the addons must comply with rules and compliances that drive the costs up.
 
 
Just because you may offer a addon to the academic side doesn't mean that addon does not have to meet the same compliance as the other markets.
 
LMs version is legally a different simulator regardless of how similar it is to FSX or looks. That is what people could not get thorough their heads years back and where all the armchair attorneys on the FS forums spewed nonsense they knew nothing about.
 
 
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 12:00pm
I understand all that but my point was about money left in your pocket, you are the only one who can decide about profitable or not.

Another point (if this is the case) what about if your add-ons can't be pirated because of MS's rules, how much money does that worth to you, you can always add the money saved to the price of entry without giving your first born to them can't you?

As far as I can tell (pure speculation) MS will not make the same mistakes that killed the last platform, how crazy would that be? (I got this one from the elevator operator)..Wink
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional


Joined: November-21-2007
Points: 17919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 1:04pm
This is MS Flight Simulator...  not Adobe Photoshop or MS Office. The profit with a strong-arm approach is not going to be high because they are not selling millions of copies.
 
That's the nonsense they tried to pull years ago, placing out there the price being kept low (the 9.95 to 19.95 late night TV commercial magic number as they put it back then) and they keep their take on top of that and sell it to us like we will all be millionaires off that product with their distribution numbers,...  which was a total crock of crap.
 
They do not sell millions of copies of Flight Simulator even though they might like the market to believe that... it isn't GTA or CALL OF DUTY   so the developers get screwed while MS not only charges for the sim, they take from everyone at the same time.
 
 
Now, if they have wised up and are going back to the open sandbox system without distribution interference, that's fine.. But I wont entertain any BS about volume sales because it goes through their system or any BS about how its secure from pirates because that is total BS too.
 
 
Flight1 Tech is now FAA approved...  how many developers have that seal and how many have followed the legal compliance rules and paid the costs in order to obtain that level?  Myself and Jim Rhoads were vilified and dragged through the mud at a nameless FS forum for years because of that and doing it correctly from the start... and because I pointed out how strong-arm development would do serious damage to the open development sandbox system whereby one developer would sit there and take control of a system by offering something like a simple tree addon and slipping their control files into it.
 
Tell your elevator operator there are a lot of things that need to change. And MS should come up with a system that removes the control one developer can underhandly exploit over everyone else effectively leveling the sandbox so no one can use those methods be it aircraft or scenery.
 
 
Back to Top
alainneedle1 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September-04-2008
Location: United States
Points: 490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2019 at 2:24pm
Granted that a flight simulator is not the same as Call of Duty and the enthousiast niche is smaller but still if your product is better you'll get the bigger piece of the pie.

I would be floored if MS does not prevent a developer from taking advantage of a system/market over other developers, I'm sure there will be some stuff out of reach that you will not be able to mess with leveling the field for everybody, I remember what you're talking about and that is why I stopped buying there long time ago, a warning was not enough for some and stories like "My system is all screwed up, I installed everything as stated" started popping all over the place because of Orgy Run By Xylems.  

Of course nothing is pirate-proof, anything can be hacked, if you do not have any conscience and take the time to do it...(only Hillary Clinton had a private server hacker-proof..Clap).

As far as I can can tell (got this from the bellboy, cost me $50.00) this sim will be on a class of it's own and will drag a lot of simmers into it.
Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.