SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MSFS 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2020 at 12:01pm
Just so I understand, the new MSFS version doesn't manipulate the weather right? It's simply a map interface with a landing rate calculator? I'm assuming because the weather provider Meteo Blue is about as good as it gets, correct? 
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2020 at 12:25pm
MSFS does not allow any addon weather generation, and all weather related functions in SimConnect don’t work and have been marked Depreciated.

Meteo Blue actually model their weather in a very similar fashion to how our OpusFSI engine worked. Except OpusFSI models only a region about 800 x 800 miles in size and uses 80+ vertical atmospheric layers. MB model the whole world but use fewer vertical layers.

I do believe MB will sort out the Live Weather issues very soon and yes, there will be no need for any external weather engines. It looks like MB at present do not factor in, or give highest priority to, the current METAR data.

Nothing much to worry about though as once these few problems are sorted the Live Weather should be perfect and consistent with the real world. I’m enjoying the current weather. It’s not perfect (too dark under an overcast), not correct compared with METARs, etc. But it will end up perfect once these few problems are sorted.

I have no plans on introducing a weather engine, not possible or needed at present. But if one was ever needed (hope not) it would take less than two weeks for me to implement an MSFS version.

So yes. No need for any weather engines (not possible either). No real need for Live Camera although I have added some useful Shortcuts that I use in flight (saves bothering with the mouse or keyboard). I have a few other ideas.

I will generally be adding features to OpusMSFS that simplify and support users flying in the superb new MSFS sim, including myself. Hence, the current features. LRM still has improvements outstanding (doesn’t factor in bounces at the moment), as does the In-Flight Map (adding useful NaviGraph NavData overlays).

The current throttle quadrant and CLFlight drivers will also be enhanced as aircraft such as the PMDG 737NG3 become available.

When Meteo Blue improve the Live Weather I may add features to simplify getting weather reports and monitoring live weather at your destination etc. Time will tell as the sim and its new SDK is improved.

All looks very promising from a flight sim enthusiasts point of view.

Regards
Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2020 at 6:31am
Work In Progress …

I'm currently working on adding support for Flight Plans and displaying various NavData on the OpusMSFS In-Flight Map. The 'Show Display Options On Map' will display a row of toggle control buttons along the bottom of the map, each button illuminated Green when the option is enabled. The displayed Airway is specified in the adjacent textbox. Up to four Aerodromes, Navaids, and Waypoints can be specified to limit the overlayed markers. The 'All' options can be used to select and overlay all Aerodromes, Navaids, or Waypoints on the map.

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2020 at 6:05am
Progressing Nicely …

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2020 at 7:19am
 Met Stations and Weather Reports ...

I shall be adding a Show Met Stations option to the Map and allow pilots to use the Met Station map markers to check the current METAR weather and TAFs. This will eventually be supplemented by adding on-screen Weather Reports for selected Met Stations or Aerodromes, allowing pilots to monitor their in-flight or destination weather, along with the current preferred runways.

Stephen
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2020 at 12:14pm
Thanks for the clarification. I was "for some reason" under the impression that your version would also in some way manipulate the weather in the way previous versions had. Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2020 at 12:33pm
I’ve already explained in this topic that it’s not possible or needed in MSFS.

Note, what is possible in MSFS is dictated by what’s possible via the new and very limited MS/Asobo SDK SimConnect.

So no weather engine is possible (nor needed as all weather is generated by Meteo Blue) although I will be adding Met Station live weather and TAF reports, similar to. OpusFSI v6 as described above.

I will also add further support for cameras, supplementing the current in-built facilities. The lack of needing a weather engine (generation) or a camera editor is the reason for its lower price. But the camera shortcuts will be very useful during flight, along with the detailed Weather Reports or monitoring windows, features not included within MSFS.

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2020 at 6:41am
OpusMSFS Beta Version 1.04.3 posted with both TFC (Traffic) and APT (Aerodrome/Airport) markers added to the In-Flight Map.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2020 at 10:44am
Once I add Met Stations (MET markers) and associated real-world METAR reports I will of course list the available runways in preferred order depending on reported surface wind. I will also look at showing the raw METAR and TAFs along with a more descriptive (verbose) Weather Report window. Should really help during flight to obtain all required info, ILS and COM frequencies, runways, and weather.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic