SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MS Flight Simulator 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 6:14pm
I have seen Zorro The Gay Blade and it was funny.

I'll give you another one. Star Trek - Whom Gods Destroy with Yvonne Craig as Marta

John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2019 at 9:37pm
Funny you should mention that episode

The reason why it was canned by CBS was because of another group who used that exact story to create Prelude to Axanar (2014)               

Which would be the battle GARTH was famous for before he was locked up as a madman.

Admiral Ramirez discusses building the Starfleet, Garth of Izar discusses his rise to fame, and the Klingon supreme warlord Kharn gives the Klingon view of the war.

… except they were hiring real serious Hollywood Star Trek actors, shooting in HD, paying the actors who you will recognize in the video above, (including Richard Hatch from BSG).. and rubbing it into CBS's face as well as bragging about how they had raised well over 1M for production and counting, but never said a word about 501c4 and charity.

In the end, the egotistical little Censored who pulled this stunt, posts videos that suggests he won in court and settlement except that is a lie and instead now everyone must limit their productions to so many minutes per..  and can NOT do 2-3-4 of the same subject so they cant get around the rule by going to the next video with the same subject…

Unfortunately, that ruined it for everyone.   And a lot of people who were getting charitable funds.

CBS was kind enough to allow Star Trek Continues to produce a few more episodes to try and finish the series that was started.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 1:43am
The last true 'epic' move ever shot in my opinion was, EXCALIBUR

Was the John Boorman twist on a epic tale. His daughter played 'Igraine' mother of Arthur

Nigel Terry
Helen Mirren
Patrick Stewart 
Liam Neeson
Nicholas Clay
Nicol Williamson

I would put Excalibur up there with the classic epics.

On the flip side,...   I would put Dudley Moore's first 'Arthur' movie up there as one of the most iconic funny romps. Sir John Gielgud was classic.

Jymp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jymp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 6:32am
Ok, from what I'm reading so far ??,  this new MSFS is going to be available on MS Game Pass ?, basically pay 5 bucks a month for access to all MS games Halo etc. including the new MSFS, now could it be possible that MS will allow the PC version sim to be bought separate, say for 75-100 bucks whatever the ask for it standalone ?, I know I know, all speculation, maybe they are taking into account response so far...nah...It's MS lol.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 7:56am
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

The last true 'epic' move ever shot in my opinion was, EXCALIBUR.....

Agree 100%! I haven't watched that movie in a few years and had forgotten about it.

In the same vein, I would add Dragon Slayer. A 1981 film starring Ralph Richardson. Great story.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Jymp Jymp wrote:

Ok, from what I'm reading so far ??,  this new MSFS is going to be available on MS Game Pass ?, basically pay 5 bucks a month for access to all MS games Halo etc. including the new MSFS, now could it be possible that MS will allow the PC version sim to be bought separate, say for 75-100 bucks whatever the ask for it standalone ?, I know I know, all speculation, maybe they are taking into account response so far...nah...It's MS lol.

I don't think they are taking anything into account other than they are going to try this again. We wont really know anything till its out and can be evaluated by the individual as to if it fits into their expectations and requirements for flying a plane. As I just posted in another thread, how you define a 'nearly complete sim' and how someone else does is two different things. How you define the quality of the environment and someone else does is 2 different things. That is why the original open 'sandbox' design was established to begin with so it can be customized.

If they intend to do away with that and I can only obtain things directly through their direct control, that was called "Flight" as far as I am concerned but we all just have to wait and see how this all unfolds.

As for the product it was already stated that it is for both Xbox and Windows10 PC so the stand alone from Xbox is already established. I am sure it will require the Xbox app in Windows10 to use it, which is something I do not use at all and also disable 'game mode'. If possible I would uninstall the Xbox app from Windows10 like I uninstalled many other MS apps setting up the OS. It can not be uninstalled though.

cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 1:40pm
On a happier note, I have Basil Poledouris soundtracks playing here in the office. All day long.
John Patterson
Jymp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jymp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 9:32pm
Well here's some good news...there's new info on the MSFS website today, especially for 3rd party devs, commercial & non-commercial they will be supported, seems MS may actually be listening.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 12:51am
Originally posted by cal2177 cal2177 wrote:

On a happier note, I have Basil Poledouris soundtracks playing here in the office. All day long.

Practice makes perfect...   https://tinyurl.com/y3ly3634

Being a athlete and a accomplished dancer she refused a stunt double and did the sword fight scenes herself. She was injured pretty bad in sword play during the filming but recovered.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 12:56am

Well here's some good news...there's new info on the MSFS website today, especially for 3rd party devs, commercial & non-commercial they will be supported, seems MS may actually be listening.

if they are going to allow direct 3rd party with no intervention at the checkout line, that's one thing...  but if I have to give them my first born, and provide a annual sacrifice to appease the MS gods,..  they can go suck an egg Big smile LOL

I told them that in the FS11 design team forum back nearly 10 years ago when they introduced the same nonsense to us there and I was not the only one with that opinion. (NDA is long gone on that one)

See,.. that's when they shut that group down and went direct to MS FLIGHT. 

I hope you understand how this works now.

Fly happy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 1:22am
I'm not happy with subscriptions. I want to buy the sim (or any other product) separately. 
With a subscription, the feeling of stress comes into play to get my money worth every month.
I do have a Netflix subscription but don't have the time to use it at all, but my wife and son do so I can justify the cost that way. 
Hans

W7/64 Ultimate, FSX Gold, SB-E 3930K @ 4.7, Sabertooth X79, GTX580, 4x2GB G.Skill RipjawsZ @ 2133-9-11-10-28-1T, Corsair H110+Obsidian 900D,Seasonic P-1000, GEX, UTX, UT2, REX, S-Tech LC, NGX.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 4:59am
Hans

Subscription or not.. if it works then it might be a good thing if they get more right than wrong.

If I dive deep into what is coming, I will no longer be able to respond like this.

I am sure there is a peanut gallery reading. They know what I will and will not play ball with.

Jymp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jymp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 6:22am
I understand working with 3rd parties is better than not...now still no fan of the subscription thing either, nothing said about that, so....
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 9:09am
I don't care for the subscription thing either. MS is going in that direction with their Office software and trying to move everything to the "cloud". I really hate that word as it is just a way of disguising what it really is. A server. Their server. I still have a stand alone Office and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 4:14pm

I understand working with 3rd parties is better than not...now still no fan of the subscription thing either, nothing said about that, so....

Exactly

That will come slow..  with diner and a bottle of wine   Big smile
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by cal2177 cal2177 wrote:

I don't care for the subscription thing either. MS is going in that direction with their Office software and trying to move everything to the "cloud". I really hate that word as it is just a way of disguising what it really is. A server. Their server. I still have a stand alone Office and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

That is why I still use Office 2004 with updates and upgrades (you can still get them and they all run on Windows 10)

No strong arm tactics possible, ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic