SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MS Flight Simulator 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 33>
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2020 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by cal2177 cal2177 wrote:

This generation has been dumbed down to nothing more than sheep. Sheep see other sheep buying up truckloads of toilet paper and join right in. We're still shaking our heads trying to understand the whole thing. If they needed a roll of toilet paper and asked for it, we would have given it to them.

Oh, and we aren't supposed to call it Wuhan or Chinese flu. Dintcha hear? Even though it originated in China. So I wonder what we are supposed to call Spanish flu and German measles now? We live in a nation of idiots.

I'm waiting for the news story about a man that walks into a bank and hands the teller a note that says:

GIve ME aLL yOU'rE toILeT PApeR iN sMAll UnMaRKed RoLLs aNd dON't TRy anythInG sH*tY!
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2020 at 6:39pm
LOL

Its not only this generation that has been dumbed down. I figure its been going on for a about 150 years now. Two world wars didn't help. With the exception of Science and technology in every other way the average person with a college or university degree is nothing like as erudite as someone with a college or university degree back then was. Especially me LOL. The pillars of western civilization have been crumbling since about the mid 1800's. The roof is about to cave in! I don't think there is anything anyone can do about it.

i7 8086K @5.3ghz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill DDR4 2 x 8GB 4400mhz 18-19-19, 2080ti, 3 x 1TB Samsung 970 Plus
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2020 at 8:26pm
The joke going around here in Australia;
President Trump's downfall could be a virus created in China and named after a Mexican beer.

ConfusedLOLCry
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 3:09pm
Talk about sober up time. I had a client in my office this morning. She was a child in Germany when WWII ended and as she walked out she told that what she witnessed in stores over the past week is what she witnessed in Germany when the war ended. There were tears in her eyes. I had nothing to say.
John Patterson
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 4:43pm
Personally and IMO I think the cure is going to cause more suffering and kill more people than the disease.
i7 8086K @5.3ghz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill DDR4 2 x 8GB 4400mhz 18-19-19, 2080ti, 3 x 1TB Samsung 970 Plus
TheFamilyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFamilyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 6:59pm
It looks to me that the covid-19 pandemic is poised to unglue our society.  I've given up on the news media at this point, it either makes me angry or depressed.  This mid-60's rock'n'roll song from Frank Zappa and the Mothers, written as a reaction to the Watts riots of the 60s (in southern California), sums up the vibe of what's going down right now.  Flip a few lyrics and it'd speak directly to today.

Hard to say when things will be back to normal, perhaps a paradigm shift is in the making here for a new normal.  Hopefully, the world learns from this dress rehearsal of the big one, and the next time such contagion breaks out, the bureaucratic a-holes that so badly FUed won't do so again...or are we forever doomed by CYA cowardly and arrogant human nature.

BTW at this time, my interest in FS2020 is on indefinite hold.  This is stated solely to keep my post here on topic. Wink

I hope that you all out there get through this unscathed!!!!
Rod O.

i7 4770k @4.5/4.3, Asus Z87 Pro, 2x8GB DDR3 2400 cas 10, evga 1070 gtx SC, Corsair TX-750 PSU, Silver Arrow SB-E HSF

Win 7 Ult 64, Asus 25" IPS 2K monitor
Ssnake51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssnake51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 1:41am

This generation has been dumbed down to nothing more than sheep. Sheep see other sheep buying up truckloads of toilet paper and join right in. We're still shaking our heads trying to understand the whole thing. If they needed a roll of toilet paper and asked for it, we would have given it to them.

Oh, and we aren't supposed to call it Wuhan or Chinese flu. Dintcha hear? Even though it originated in China. So I wonder what we are supposed to call Spanish flu and German measles now? We live in a nation of idiots.

You should be careful about who you call an idiot.  Spanish flu did not originate in Spain. And rubella took the name "German measles" because it was first described by three German scientists.

Ssnake51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssnake51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 1:49am
Originally posted by TheFamilyMan TheFamilyMan wrote:

It looks to me that the covid-19 pandemic is poised to unglue our society.  I've given up on the news media at this point, it either makes me angry or depressed.  

I see little reason for being angry at the news media over this.  It is the leaders that failed to act more promptly who should be be the targets of such anger.  
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Ssnake51 Ssnake51 wrote:

You should be careful about who you call an idiot.  Spanish flu did not originate in Spain. And rubella took the name "German measles" because it was first described by three German scientists.

I have no idea what that has to do with what I posted. I never once said those names were derived from where they originated. And I don't use the word "idiots" lightly.
John Patterson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFamilyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 4:43pm

I see little reason for being angry at the news media over this.  It is the leaders that failed to act more promptly who should be be the targets of such anger.  
As do I.  It's not the media, it's the news content being reported.  This isn't saying I'm ignoring what is going on, nor what we should be doing as so advised.

It is the leaders that failed to act more promptly who should be be the targets of such anger.  
Seems you missed this part of my post:
Originally posted by TheFamilyMan TheFamilyMan wrote:

Hopefully, the world learns from this dress rehearsal of the big one, and the next time such contagion breaks out, the bureaucratic a-holes that so badly FUed won't do so again...or are we forever doomed by CYA cowardly and arrogant human nature.

Rod O.

i7 4770k @4.5/4.3, Asus Z87 Pro, 2x8GB DDR3 2400 cas 10, evga 1070 gtx SC, Corsair TX-750 PSU, Silver Arrow SB-E HSF

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 11:25pm
To hell with Microsoft Fight simulator!

I'd like you guys (especially Nick) to watch this video and let me know if you see anything unexpected.

Before watching it change your display refresh rate to 24hz. The video is 4K (3840x2160)
Also note the FPS counter in the upper left corner.

Try 23hz too if your monitor supports it.

This one too. What's the frame rate?

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 1:33pm

I think you missed the point.. The point was we live in ignorant cry-baby social world order where people can hardly think for themselves much less act like civilized humans when something like this virus happens. Could you imagine if it had a 25-40% mortality rate!? Heck I'll even drop that to 10-15%!

It is no longer OK to sing OR EVEN LISTEN TO IN PUBLIC songs like "Baby its Cold Outside" nor would many of them be able to drive 10 blocks if their phones were not working because they CANT READ A MAP...  

The German people are proud as it was their scientists that first described the measles in question when after it was named as such; GERMAN,...  but TODAY crying little ignorant snots run around wasting more time on labels they think are wrong to justify their poor little hurt feelings while trying to correct everyone else, being the sheep they are with society, than they do actually dealing with their own ignorant BS.

I do believe that is the point John was making. 

so..  lets try this again      The Germans have no problem and are proud (as they should be) with the infliction being labeled and called; German Measles for the reason it is labeled as such. Is there a reason why we shouldn't call the current affliction Wuhan or Chinese flu (at least right now)? It started there according to every known source as of today,... and today they seem to be beating it,  pretty smart right?

Or do you have a problem with that too and a 'special need' to correct and at the same time foolishly attempt to insult someone directly in the process?   

We can talk about the Spanish Flu but right now I am not so sure you can handle it with me.

Ask John what he meant and perhaps you might learn something, or, in the process find a new friend in John.

The sad thing about this is, I came in here and by surprise read berating nonsense and for some reason in order to correct the bullsh*t above I have to explain in detail something myself and others easily extrapolated from Johns and others members forum posts that somehow missed simplistic comprehension. It is on the same order of what John was trying to say about how society is full of dumbed down self righteous idiots.

In case anyone reading this thread needs to file one of these, you will find the form here: https://www.signnow.com/fill-and-sign-pdf-form/29246-feelings-hurt-report-form 

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 1:49pm
Right on! The inmates and running the asylum! LOL
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 1:50pm
Exactly.
John Patterson
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 1:53pm
19 year olds from the Greatest Generation were fighting in Europe and storming the beaches at Normandy. 19 year olds from my generation were spending their summers after school heading to Southeast Asia. 19 year olds today are busy looking for their safe spaces and lecturing older people on what life is "really like". I do roll my eyes a lot these days.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 2:12pm

This kind of pandemic happens 100-200 years from now....

They will be AUTO locked in their automatically CONTROLLED homes, transportation shut down including all personal transports, communications altered and infiltrated, all their needs will be met    UNTIL they hear:

It will be for their own good, personal safety and psychological mental health too.  Then they can resume their automated lives without anarchy
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 2:13pm
That's the movie I think of when I think of today's generation. But mostly about the generations they raise.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 2:16pm
Its that EULA which comes with everything from the phone to the 'smart' refrigerator to the Google 'Nest' environmental control 
I AGREE

I AGREE

I AGREE

give it another 100 years or so. Idiots are agreeing their way right into the Eloi
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 2:33pm
I'll stick my neck out at the risk of getting my head chopped off (By Nick LOLLOL) but I have to say that I have stumbled across the best Performance solution for P3D of all time! Knock's 1/2 refresh rate out of the ball park. I don't know if you guys noticed yet but their are a lot of Free addons floating around out there right now and I just picked up MK-Studios Fuerteventura for freeBig smile

Anyway, I set Frame Rate to 25fps with Vsync on and TB off and I maxed every other setting out and flew a circuit at Fuerteventura (the landscape is quite barren and the skies where clear).

With my Display refresh rate set to 24hz in NCP the game play look like 60fps with Vsync. I kid you not! I can't believe it myself even though I saw it with my own eye's.

See post above.

I am using a 55" Samsung NU6900 UHD TV. When I watch the video's above on the same TV at 24hz. Its pretty close to the game play.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 2:47pm
There are a lot of variables involved including P3D version, video driver version, display type and resolution, the display's true ability to run the defined Hz or be forced, the video adapter itself in use,.. then there is the speed of the CPU/memory and storage system.

Although you may have very well found a sweet spot for yourself it may have little or no difference with other systems, and could also make some run worse. Its all trial and error but what you are doing is the same things as 1/2 refresh..  you are locking the monitor refresh to the frame rate and in this case lowering the FPS so there is higher overhead for the system to work with, and, if it is working for you roll with it!

I didn't think the ground was smooth as glass under the aircraft in your videos, seemed a bit jittery to me, but that could be the video itself.

I'll toy around with it myself but I do not think my 30 inch monitor will run 24Hz.. I will have to check and see.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 2:53pm

That's the movie I think of when I think of today's generation. But mostly about the generations they raise.

When the danger from this virus is over, the government will send out the  "ALL CLEAR" signal and the sheep will come back out. That doesn't mean its over. No one can answer at this time if you have it, you wont get it again, and, just because its been slowed it won't come back without a vaccine

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

A cowboy was watching his herd on a pasture deep inside when suddenly he sees a brand-new car emerge from a cloud of dust driving towards him.

The driver, a young man in a fancy suit, polished shoes, dark sunglasses, and an expensive tie, stuck his head out of the window and asks the cowboy, "Say, if I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

The cowboy took off his cowboy hat, wiped his dusty brow, then looked at his herd peacefully grazing and calmly said, "Sure, why not?"

The man in the shiny new car and fancy suit then whipped out a computer, connected it to his cell phone, and surfed to a NASA page on the Internet, where then pulled up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location, which he then fed to a satellite that scans the area and produces an ultra-high resolution photo.

The young man in the fancy car then downloads that digital photo, uploads it to a super computer and within a few seconds he receives a text message on his cell phone that the image has been processed and stored. Finally, he prints out a full-color, multi-page report on a miniature wireless printer. Then after a few more moments to crunch the data he finally turns to the cowboy and said, "You have exactly 1,756 cows and calves."

"That's right," said the Cowboy. "I guess you can take one of my calves then."

The cowboy watched as the young man selected one of the animals in his pasture and looks on as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his shiny new car.

The cowboy then says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me my calf back?"

Bemused, the young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Sure, why not? What business am I in, old man."

"You're a U.S. government employee," said the cowboy.

"Wow! That's correct," said the young man in the fancy suit. "But how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required," answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You tried to show me how much smarter you are than me; and you don't know a thing about cows. This is a herd of sheep.

Now, … give me back my dog."

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 3:06pm
I agree about it being perhaps unique to my system. That's a shame because I am still stunned. LOL

I did try it with 30hz and Frame rate = 30 (as apposed to the usual unlimited) and it didn't work at all as well!

But Boy was I happy when I was able to reproduce it today. I can see the jitters on the ground there too in the video. That's FT CYYZ which is a real fps killer. I'll taxi along there again and with lower setting and 25fps instead of 24. Its seems that 24fps in the cockpit shows 24 on the frame counter but I noticed in external views that the counter read 23 and there are some stutters but if I set the Frame Rate = 25. I get 24fps both in VC and external views and no stutters.

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Now, … give me back my dog."

LOLLOLLOL
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 3:14pm
Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Patterson
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

I didn't think the ground was smooth as glass under the aircraft in your videos, seemed a bit jittery to me, but that could be the video itself.

In the video I see this too. So I went back to roughly the same spot and from the wing view. I taxi along and watched very carefully for any jitters or micro-stutters while recording with FRAPS at 24fps. It couldn't have been smoother. I couldn't discern any ghosting, jitters or micro stutters of any sort so long as I was going slow enough to see details like individual pieces of aggregate in the taxi way. When it was moving to fast for that it still looked fluid and again nothing in the line of jitters or micro-stutters that I could discern.

Then I watched the video which is an AVI file and I could discern jitters or micro-stutters. It was still pretty good and still far better than I am used to with 30hz/unlimited videos but it did not capture the fluidity of actual game play experience exactly. Its a shame because of course you cant then show others quite what you are seeing.

Before yesterday I doubt if I could have been convinced that anything less than 60fps with vsync would ultimately solve the performance problem but today I stand happily corrected. And that the sweet spot is 24hz sure allows for a lot of eye candy.LOL
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 5:54pm

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 8:39pm
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166

The man and his wife thought the ingredient, used to clean fish tanks, could prevent the disease.

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Avidean Avidean wrote:

Then I watched the video which is an AVI file and I could discern jitters or micro-stutters.

The plot thickens because I watched that video again and it was as perfect as the game play. Not a single stutter. I'm uploading it to google drive and I'll post the link when its done.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 9:24pm
My monitor can be forced to 24Hz, but the mouse pointer has a strange stutter/drag to it
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 10:20pm
OK, I went through your suggestions here...  sorry, absolutely no dice. Nasty mouse drag with it too. I also noticed very fast but small occurring scenery spikes l would see with FSX until I panned around the aircraft and preloaded the scenery into video memory.

30Hz and 30FPS with Vsync/TB enabled is the butter sweet spot with P3Dv4.5 here. I am not running 3rd party airports, taken from KSEA into Seattle and around, but there is no question that 30/30 VS on is the right setting here.

One thing I DO want to point out. When evaluating smoothness DO NOT do it from the cockpit, use LOCK SPOT outside view and DO NOT do it from the front/rear or any other view than the SIDE of the aircraft. Place the view directly to the right or left side of the aircraft and also somewhat down so you can see the ground and the autogen as the aircraft moves. I would pick the side that shows the airport behind the OTHER SIDE of the plane during takeoff.

I'm glad you found what works for you, but I wouldn't crow it too loud   Big smile LOL

I'm @ 5.2GHz on above 4000 DDR4 @ 41.2ns and a 780GTX running the latest Nvidia video driver and Windows10 x64 on a 30 inch professional 2560x1600 NEC monitor, not a TV.

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 11:22pm
Thanks for taking an interest. I going to put it to rest now. But I still cant believe it. I feel like someone  gave me 10ghz cpu form the future. LOL
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 12:14am
Could be the combination of the 4K TV/monitor and the video card. The input monitor device may natively support 24Hz or may have a processor in it that adjusts for that.

Just off the top of my ignorant head, I would say that if what you are seeing is confirmed, linear and continues, then that is exactly what is happening, and, because you dropped the FPS demand there is more resource available to the pig with lipstick... in your case you actually found your sweet spot.

Lets see if its the same next month LOL

Here, it's a obvious jittery mess.

That CPU boost feeling you are seeing is what I have always seen with 30Hz/30FPS but remember, I don't run 4K with a newer video card, don't run Obut's junk and don't overdrive my scenery or system.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 4:26am

Thanks for taking an interest. I going to put it to rest now. But I still cant believe it. I feel like someone  gave me 10ghz cpu form the future. LOL
If you wish to crow about it make sure you specifically post the make/model of the TV/monitor, exactly what port you are plugged into on that unit (can make a difference based on the TV/monitor design) what type of cable is in use, the video card you are using and how you set 24Hz/FPS

You may have found something of value to folks who might have the same or similar hardware but unless you look technically and carefully at the monitor and video card you are using with the result and then confirm with others the setup is producing a linear result you can't baseline anything but you MAY have found new awesome sweet-spot for those using the same or similar designed video display hardware if the setup the same.

30Hz/30 FPS is a safe baseline to start for all as I defined years back but also stated;

---------------------------------------------------
BEFORE YOU START - It is important to understand that what is presented here I have found to be a successful starting point. That does not mean it is set in stone. Your hardware, your system ability, your addons as well as your personal demand define what may work best for you.

As such this outline should be followed carefully without straying and afterward, if you find that you can achieve a better result adding to it or using other methods, by all means..  do that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

or.. it could be one of those mystery golden things where if you get a Windows Update, or, the next driver update, or, have to reinstall from scratch even though you duplicate everything exactly as it was... you never find the same result ever again   LOL    seen it, done it..  !!

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 11:41am
LOL Sterling advice Nick!

Anyway since I upload a short video to google drive of tarmac passing under wing and it does playback smoothly on my screen at 24hz I though I might as well post it for anyone who wants to try it on their display. I can follow the aggregate across the screen and see only fluid motion with no stutters.

It's funny I miss remembered how we applied the 1/2 refresh rate back in the FSX days. I thought we set Frame Rate to Unlimited. But I guess it was Frame rate set to match 1/2 display frequency? I know up until now with P3D I had 30hz, Vsync, TB, and Unlimited with settings that delivered at least 33-35fps.

I have some time on my hands now so I'll consider documenting the details in a more rigorous fashion to share. I do suspect that the TV has a lot to do with it. I have another older HD TV and it's connected to my old haswell system with a 780ti and at 24hz the videos where not fluid at all.

Anyway I used FRAPS set to record at 24fps and VLC for the playback:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ENEICLoB1d8NEwSk4JngVsqWhdLL3_RU/view?usp=sharing 
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 3:11pm
Its got something to do with the TV. It doesn't work if game mode is switched on. Once I switch game mode on it displays the kind of ghosting to be expected from 24hz. Good news is that I also have got it to work at 30hz. Not sure how but I am seeing virtually same results now at 30hz with 30fps and I know that didn't work when I tried it earlier. So I guess that whatever the TV is doing to the signal its getting from the graphics card is delivering the results.

Edit: anyway, its time to get this thread back on track.

Man what about that Corona virus and these idiot millennial Eh!
And I just discovered that Little Rock Airport had a name change to
Bill and Hillary Clinton Airport. And the ICAO is KLIT. How apropos! LOL
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 11:03pm
"Why is no one listening to me anymore?  You all have hurt my feelings..."Cry
ps. I've lodged the form.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Ronski Ronski wrote:

"Why is no one listening to me anymore?  You all have hurt my feelings..."Cry
ps. I've lodged the form.

No worries..  Your form was received and evaluated. It appears you just need a really good spanking..   perhaps the misses can do it for you? Shocked Wink  LOL 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFamilyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 8:19pm
Sorry to interject with something on topic.  Time for a reset perhaps. Smile
The latest from the FS2020 team:

Now back to rambling along:
Remember these words of wisdom from National Lampoon's Deteriorata?

"You are a fluke of the Universe.  You have no right to be here.  And whether you can hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back." Shocked LOL

Edit: this is an early '70s send up of Desiderata.
Rod O.

rennman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 8:30am

Now that I have built the system to replace that system for Prepar3D V4.5, this happens: ShockedLOL

What would you have done differently if you knew? I'm building a new rig and I'm trying to put together the best setup.
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by rennman rennman wrote:

Now that I have built the system to replace that system for Prepar3D V4.5, this happens: ShockedLOL

What would you have done differently if you knew? I'm building a new rig and I'm trying to put together the best setup.

I wouldn't have done anything differently. That comment was entirely tongue in cheek. We need powerful system to run Flight Sim. Much more powerful than the systems required to run even the latest games well. So when MSFS was announced the expectation might have been that a modern version would be far more hardware friendly and perhaps not quite need a heavily overclock $4000 system to run it well. However, I'm guessing that this kind of system is still going to be required for adopters of MSFS to run it at full tilt. So no I wouldn't have done anything differently. My system is built of a combination of new, used and parts recycles from my old system. It was as good strategy. I got a lot of bang for the buck and it runs Prepar3D in Combination with my 55" Samsung NU6900 very well indeed. Of late I've never seen P3D/FSX look so good.

2 caveats. I do see cores 2,3,4 and 5 all at 100% loading autogen and scenery so I would like to have the 2 extra cores of the 9 series cpu's. Also i can't find hardware to mount a cooler direct to die for 8700K.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 33>
  Share Topic