SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 162 SkyCatcher
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Airports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVVFCX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Airports
    Posted: October-26-2017 at 4:01pm
Hi all, (Hi DJ :) )

I've downloaded/ installed the C162 Skycatcher with AV off and UAC at minimum and appeared
to install without error.

With flying recently from EGCN in the C152, I thought I'd also fly from there to two of the smaller aerodromes that I've also flown from but they are missing from the moving map mfd in the C162.

Tried the airport selection in the mfd, only options are for hard surface and for 2000 ft in length upwards.
Now, one of the aerodromes is grass only but the other is mainly asphalt so can see why egnf would not display but doesn't answer why egcf doesn't.

Both show fine in the Ifly 737NG if I set for shorter runways and they are there if you want to land in light aircraft.

I did read the thread on database updating and that does not appear to work, no new database is created, I am the owner of the folders with full control and the database update was also tried with AV off and uac at minimum and run as administrator.

Has anybody solved  the database updata problem as I suspect this is why they are not showing in the G300 moving map.

regards

Steve
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2017 at 8:42am
Both EGNF and EGCF are visible to me in the C162 V1.1. On load, the database rebuilt (a lengthy process) and both airports are shown in the MFD. I have no idea why you can't see them if the database did a full build on your initial load of the product.

Regards,
DJ
EVVFCX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVVFCX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2017 at 10:41am
Hi Dave,

I don't know if it did any rebuild, never noticed it do anything.
I have since downloaded a database as mentioned in one of the other threads and placed it where Steve H. said place it, but it's still the same.
Having flown from EGNF I know it's grass only and less than 2000' in length.

I have the airport setup to give any length and any surface so based on that surely it should be showing them, they are there ok on FSX own map.
If I send you message Could you please email me a copy of the database that you have?
Based on what I have it should be in C:\ProgramData\Flight One Software\C162

regards

Steve
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2017 at 11:51am
I don't have a problem sending it, but you're going to need a mailbox that can take a 12Mbyte file (zipped)...

DJ
EVVFCX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVVFCX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2017 at 3:12pm
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the file, have tried it and noticed that the two aerodromes I mentioned still do not appear on the moving map but if I do a flight plan including them the one I'm flying to does appear, very odd and didn't try a flight plan with my original data.
Not a problem now as can fly to them this way at least Sandtoft is easy to find anyway.

regards

Steve 
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2017 at 6:42pm
That's very odd - you do need to zoom way in to see them, I've noticed. At least you can fly...

DJ
EVVFCX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVVFCX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2017 at 1:45pm
Hi Dave,

Lrts just except it as odd behavour on my system with the skycatcher, no matter what the zoom level is they don't appear.

regards

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic