SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MiG-17 full of bugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racinglad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MiG-17 full of bugs
    Posted: January-08-2009 at 10:41pm

Hello Bill,

Any chance we might be getting a patch to cure some of the ailments that plague the MiG-17?

Take a look at this webpage:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0808/Flight1/MiG17.htm

Something else, the afterburner kicks-in very early. You only have to open the throttle past 35% and it lights up like a christmas tree. From what I know it should light up past 80% throttle approx.

We paid for your product. Give us a patch!

Thanks.

racinglad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racinglad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 3:07pm
Are we likely to get any answers?
SSI01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSI01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2010 at 8:40pm
I'm experiencing a few problems with my MiG-15 boxed version I just bought but am impressed by the visual modeling. Since you sent in your original email re: problems with the MiG-17 release, have they put out a patch to fix the problems your linked review indicated? I'm partial to the radar-equipped -17 and was hoping someone would come out with one. Mr. Ito's -17 is fine but there was room for a lot of detail. Have these problems been fixed?
Bill Wolfgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2011 at 9:36am
We have released a SP3 version for fixing major problems when MiG-15/17 aircraft running under FSX-DX10 in 2009, current version is SP3 on Flight1`s MiG-15 and MiG-17 product pages. Just download and reinstall it both to download and cd-rom versions.

Tech Support for Bear Studios`s Red Wing Product Line
SSI01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSI01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 10:16pm
Please let me preface this by saying I feel a little bad posting this - I am enormously satisfied with the basic products, I have both the MiG-15 and MiG-17s on my sim. MiG-15 is on CD, MiG-17 must be by download as I can't find a CD (we just moved and unpacked). Panels are detailed, skins are outstanding. I have downloaded a number of add-on skins for the -17 but get basic grey textures. How does one go about adding the textures? I'm a little lost trying to follow the instructions from the maker (fractured English); there is a download on this forum for the MiG-15 - does that fix things in the MiG-17 sim as well? Can provide details about my OS if needed, however, I don't think this is a computer problem but rather something directly to do with the sim. Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 10:53pm
Four years later. we finally get MiG-17 completed operating ready for FSX. Now we have SP4 released and free for customers who purchased in past years.

So I have thanks to SS101 and others who bearing those bugs. We start MiGs product in FS2004 age, at that time, we have few experience on build models and systems with compatibility to different FS versions.

Customers as SS101 who have point out product bugs, but at that time, we have no skills to deal with those bugs completely. I personal often fell sorry to SS101 and others, I can not say any words in topics to defend ourselves, but make more study, test and update products in past years.

MiGs are late, but MiGs finally reached new standard. now we Bear Studios only have 2 crews include myself. but we can make our products better than before.

All of our advantage depand on your supporting and bug reporting. I may not feedback in time, but I can record all reports and deal with bugs in my follow working.
Evan_VAE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evan_VAE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2012 at 4:26pm
Hello Bill,

I know this forum is a bit dated, but I just purchased the MiG 17 today. The model and aircraft appear to be of good quality. The only issue is that I cannot remain direct connected to a server for more than five minutes in the airplane. I have tried other a/c, which work fine (Thus ruling out the problem of a connection issue on my end.) but the MiG drops my connection every time. The airplane must be multiplayer compatible in my case. I love the MiG, but if you could give me some advice on what I could do to utilize the airplane in multiplayer, I would really appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Evan

By the way, I have the FSX version and I'm running SP2 with the most recent download of the MiG.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 9:20pm
I have test in FSX stock multiplay mode, one computer as a host, the other 2 computers as client, and run Mig-15/17 SP5(the current version on Flight1) on both host and clients, it looks no problem and they still running now.

My computers are Win7+FSX SP2, no any 3rd tools and addon, just MiG-15/17 installed, leave all FSX setting as default, the host working on LAN mode( clinet both test on direct connection and join session modes). But I can not test in gamyspy server, because it is unavailable to my local for years.

So, can you descirpt more on your fsx installation? I may install everything as your side and test it again to find out what bring out the problem.
Evan_VAE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evan_VAE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 9:28pm
I appreciate your speedy reply! Thank you, but gamespy is no longer available period. On our new LAN direct connect server it works okay. Sorry to waste your time. It appears as if the connection times out in busier sessions, probably due to the number of connections.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 11:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 11:07pm
I test the MP game and the migs still acts ok now. it may be the reason you find out. but I may test with others using more clients computers up to 8. to see how it acts.

Another,
I have find out how to cut off engine smoke and shut off flares when in ground
please see the J-11 topics

Cut off engine exhaust effect when engine off

For get J-11B in FSX using less effects to simulate some visual animation as possible, we rewrite stock light control system, and using LOGO light and REC Light produce enging exhaust smoke when engine working, so the exhaust smoke can be seen on both MIL thrust and Afterburner Active.
But these 2 effect still link to light bus, so when engine failed or stop, the related exhaust smoke can not cut off automtically, you need to switch off electical bus to cut the engine exhaust.
So, we apply a simply modify in aircraft to deal this problem. you may open your aircraft.cfg via notepad or other editor which can support plain text format.Then, locate these lines, change any numbers with the red lines list below, then, save the aircraft.cfg
The result for this modify is:
Redirect the flare effect to a avionice power bus, and when condition reached max amps and volts, the effect can be control to fire/release by aircraft logic system, override the stock fsx aircraft status when loading in multiple game which FSX often detect stock varients conditions.
And redirect left and right engine exhaust smokes to the related engine, just engine run and bus amps and volts reach the working status, the engine smoke will be produced, and if engine shut down, when bus conditions out of working conditions, engine smoke will be cut off.
This modify can be used on current J-10A/S J-10B, J-10ADT products and MiG-15/17 products(SP5), because they have same effect logic computing code in model and gauges.
[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 28
generator_alternator_voltage = 115.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 60.0
engine_generator_map = 1,1,0,0
electric_always_available = 0
flap_motor = 0, 5 , 27.0
gear_motor = 0, 5 , 27.0
autopilot = 0, 5 , 28.0
avionics_bus = 0, 12, 28.0
avionics = 1, 5 , 28.0
pitot_heat = 0, 6 , 25.0