SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
    Posted: August-31-2020 at 8:22pm
This thread is for anyone who wishes to share or discuss MSFS 2020

The Flight Simulator 11 thread is a place for folks to joke and relax, like a bar. There never was a MSFS 11 and never will be. At some point the bar will be closed but for right now it is open and anyone is welcome to join in.

For this threads rules. Be aware of the following..

1. Don't ask when/if addons will get ported over, it is far too early at this time for both technical and economic reasons. This may change as time unfolds.

2. Share anything you like as long as it is not commercial.. videos, screen images discoveries, tweaks, dissenting opinions or cheerleading optimisms.

3. If I see any irrational fanboy nonsense on one side of the isle or the other, or any sneaky developers/shills trying to nose in a opinion,.. it will be gone faster than the government can print money.

My status on this subject:
I have a DDR4 4140 5.2GHz system that smokes, but I do not have a video card to go with it so for right now I can chew up FSXSE and still run P3D awesome. As for if I will join the established in 2004 Microsoft hardware requirement to purchase 1000+ dollars more in hardware every 3 to 4 years to test and see if I will or want to continue to run a 60 dollar application with some now obvious bump fees, and right now.. no freeware, I'll work on that after other more important bills are paid. LOL

Discuss software or hardware issues and fixes, patches what ever suits your fancy.. its all open for anyone to post as long as rules 1-2-3 above are followed.

So do please use this thread and enjoy...  

cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2020 at 8:32pm
Carrying over from the banana thread: As Nick pointed out, a big graphics card is an absolute must, as I learned. My Nvidia 1070 ran at full tilt the whole time I ran MSFS2020 and the fan on my PSU ran at 100% the entire time. Right now, I don't see myself buying a graphics card that cost as much as my computer to run it when P3D runs as smooth as butter on it. Both V4.5 and V5. 

MSFS2020 does have some pretty impressive graphics and with a 100 mbps internet connection at my house, I was able to run the satellite graphics thingy very smootly.

When my 1070 dies, I'll look into a 2080Ti or equivalent.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2020 at 8:48pm

Originally posted by cal2177 cal2177 wrote:

Carrying over from the banana thread

I'll say this

When Microsoft tells you that the preferred maximum hardware requirement is a 2080 video card with 11GB of memory..

DOUBLE the card ability and DOUBLE the video memory.. for future reference

This time they are leaning on the graphics card far better in development however

That has been their standard since 2004 thru 2007 (which required triple+ the video card and triple+ the CPU they defined which was before the massive scenery addons!) and that has been the carrot folks have chased for nearly 2 decades and continue to chase today so..  take this advice, if you are going to do it:

Karl Malden: Don't leave home without it.

cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 8:17am
To be honest, I don't see anything in MSFS2020 that melts my butter. Yes, the graphics are very nice but there's more to a flight sim than that and once you add a complex addon aircraft to it in order to get some decent flight dynamics, what happens next? Experience shows complex addons can be resource hogs too. So tripling the graphics card and tripling the CPU will be a must.
John Patterson
Ulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 9:40am
I gave up on FSX a several years ago. Photography and music was more than enough. Complex scenery addons was a pain in the ass when it came to keep the scenery priorities correct in the scenery library. ORBX Central messed things up real bad at some times.

Well. I built me a new pc a couple of months ago. Not a high end pc: AMD 3600+ Ryzen, NVIDIA RTX 2060, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for the system. 2560x1440 display. I was worried over performance problems when installing FS2020, but that wasn't any problem. I mostly fly VFR with GA and the performance and visuals are really nice with graphic settings mixed on high and ultra. Bushflying is fantastic. Flying over big cities and big airports with AI is too much and I have to lower the graphic settings. 

For me this is an excellent simulator. Of course there are some bugs that hopefully will be fixed in the future. The problems with mesh (raised lakes etc) in the north (Alaska, Canada) is the same as in FSX - hopefully this will be adressed by 3:d party addons. But the SDK is not ready and Simconnect is faulty - I miss FSUIPC. I hope that Simconnect will be OK after the upcoming update this week.

In short: FS2020 is a far better flight simulator in it's default state than old FSX.

Not much tweaking needed, although there is a constant stream of tips on tweaks as usual. I even saw the old affinity mask tweak on AVSIM forums the other day - the supply of snake oil seems as big as ever.

/Ulf B, Sweden (English is not my native language).

/Ulf Bjarke, Sweden
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 9:53am
Your English is as good as a native speaker.

Those mesh problems of the raised lakes and two level lakes should be addressed by MS in this sim. There is no excuse for charging for a product that is unfinished or has bugs. I hope they fix that in the next major update.
John Patterson
vic_baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 12:45pm
Overall, I like it. It has pretty bells and whistles and, for the most part, is fun to fly and the scenery is awesome. But for serious flying? No way. I'm not going to go into a litany of the various things that are either not implemented or just incorrect - suffice to say that for any serious ifr type navigation and flight - MSFS2020 is not it yet

I liken it to going out to an airport and renting a Piper cub. It has an engine, wings , a tail and simple controls. And it flies - take off and sightsee, low and slow. It's fun but I wouldn't try an ifr flight with it.

The positive side, IMHO, is that the guys from Asobo seem willing ti listen and implement new things so I hold out serious hope for this title. It may take a Cray to run it when they're done but what else is new?  Big smile

Vic
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 RTX2080ti 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 2:22pm
Hey Vic thanks!  Good to hear from another R/W experienced pilot on this.

I have always found that MS tends to need 2 huge SP dump patches before anything really gets going and W10 its taken a heck of a lot more than that over the years to get it up to speed.

And yes, its sort of like 2007 again where they said the 8800 series video card was preferred for the max specs...   RIGHT!!   Do you remember how many CPU's/clocks and card upgrades it took to even get it rolling on the 'high' sim settings?  Big smile

That's why I said, what ever they spec for video card and CPU..  DOUBLE IT LOL

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Ulf Ulf wrote:

/Ulf B, Sweden (English is not my native language).

Ha!   You type Engrish well! LOL

Glad to see you back around. One of the things I am wanting to know and see is if this time they made sure no sandbox bully can find a way to use the new product design/code to kick sand in everyone's face and clandestinely (through user ignorance) over time take over one end the new product from everyone else.

The:
This won't work with that unless you buy our other product(s) that all use our sim control files that can make a mess of other product offerings that won't play ball with us.

If they recognized that underhanded business practice from the past and made that impossible to do then that would be a major feather in their caps.

3rd party is still not well defined as well as the current tech documentation. 

Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by cal2177 cal2177 wrote:

Carrying over from the banana thread: As Nick pointed out, a big graphics card is an absolute must, as I learned. My Nvidia 1070 ran at full tilt the whole time I ran MSFS2020 and the fan on my PSU ran at 100% the entire time. Right now, I don't see myself buying a graphics card that cost as much as my computer to run it when P3D runs as smooth as butter on it. Both V4.5 and V5. 

MSFS2020 does have some pretty impressive graphics and with a 100 mbps internet connection at my house, I was able to run the satellite graphics thingy very smootly.

When my 1070 dies, I'll look into a 2080Ti or equivalent.

I also run a GTX 1070, but found that if you limit fps (I use RTSS x/2), the GPU load drops to the 50/60% level which should allow your system to run cooler..

Although I agree with others that MSFS V1.0. still has some sad shortcomings, the avionics being my pet peave, the C172 is actually a nice little airplane and there sure are many interesting places to go fly.. single, or multiplayer (!) A bunch of us are off to the bush strips in Idaho tomorrow in XCubs or similar (I'm actually going to try the Savage Cub).. feels real enough to me that I actually worry about crashing my nice little plane

If Asobo delivers some solid Garmin fixes for V1.1., I could see this becoming a very popular flightsim release.
Bert
TheFamilyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFamilyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 5:42pm
Looking forward to a graphics card upgrade for MSFS 2020?  Well here's a head up of what's coming down the road from nvidia, it's what they announced today on their RTX 30 series.  I copied this table verbatim from Anandtech.  Would have made a link but it was posted as text.

Count me in on getting a 3080 to replace my gtx 1070.  Its price is exactly what I hoped it would be, but only time will tell for sure what the streets prices will be like.  Also heard talk of a 20GB version of this card at some future time.

RTX 3090RTX 3080RTX 3070RTX 2080 Ti
CUDA Cores 10496 8704 5888 4352
Boost Clock 1.7GHz 1.71GHz 1.73GHz 1545MHz
Memory Clock 19.5Gbps GDDR6X 19Gbps GDDR6X 16Gbps GDDR6 14Gbps GDDR6
Memory Bus Width 384-bit 320-bit 256-bit 352-bit
VRAM 24GB 10GB 8GB 11GB
Single Precision Perf. 35.7 TFLOPs 29.8 TFLOPs 20.4 TFLOPs 13.4 TFLOPs
Tensor Perf. (FP16) 285 TFLOPs 238 TFLOPs 163 TFLOPs 114 TFLOPs
Ray Perf. 69 TFLOPs 58 TFLOPs 40 TFLOPs ?
TDP 350W 320W 220W 250W
GPU GA102? GA102? GA104? TU102
Transistor Count 28B 28B ? 18.6B
Architecture Ampere Ampere Ampere Turing
Manufacturing Process Samsung 8nm Samsung 8nm Samsung 8nm TSMC 12nm "FFN"
Launch Date 09/24/2020 09/17/2020 10/2020 09/20/2018
Launch PriceMSRP: $1499MSRP: $699MSRP: $499MSRP: $999
Founders $1199
Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.2 no HT, Asus Maximus XII Hero, 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16, EVGA GTX 1070 SC, Noctua NH-D15S, Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU

Win 10 Pro 64, Asus 25" IPS 2K monitor
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 6:02pm
I would rethink that at 10GB memory and years of future proof for the money.   but it depends on what the user will demand over time.

If I buy a 10GB card today and 1-2-3 years from now (and still breathing) I am crabbing about video memory issues then the cost to upgrade becomes ridiculous (Cha$CHING Nivida) over the cost in 6 months to 'get er done' for 5-7 years+

EDIT: Some scenery junkies are already crabbing about 11GB of memory in P3Dv5! LOL

But I might wait a bit and let the wolves go at the Elby's Big Boy sandwich because that price ain't coming down till a month or two after Christmas..  

Thing is, Nvidia isn't offering that memory amount knowing it isn't or won't be needed coming up and that is the game. They could at the very least have offered 15GB on the 3080, 11 on the 3070 with 24 on the 3090...  and that is very slick.

Mark my words on this one.
luap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 10:48pm
Things I'm diggin' about FLIGHT SIMULATOR....

Everything but the control scheme.

Seriously, there is something completely broken with how certain aircraft react to inputs.  The single recips all feel reasonably accurate.  MS/Asobo added in that little bit of instability that really makes things shine.  Anything bigger like the Kingair or the Cessna jets just don't have any feel to them at all.

Paul Scott Bartelt

The grass is always greener over the septic tank

cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2020 at 8:11am
Originally posted by luap luap wrote:

Things I'm diggin' about FLIGHT SIMULATOR....

Everything but the control scheme.

Seriously, there is something completely broken with how certain aircraft react to inputs.  The single recips all feel reasonably accurate.  MS/Asobo added in that little bit of instability that really makes things shine.  Anything bigger like the Kingair or the Cessna jets just don't have any feel to them at all.

One of the things MS said they wanted to do with MSFS2020 was to make flying easier for beginners. While I think that is a good thing, in doing so they broke flight dynamics on all but the C172. Its not perfect but it is quite good. Flight dynamics were never that great in previous iterations of FS. But this time, its just broke.
John Patterson
Ulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2020 at 7:29am
After the update of MSFS Simconnect seems to work OK and the Saitek Multipanel works with SPAD.neXt and Simconnect. Thumbs Up Now waiting for FSUIPC 7 to be officially released...
/Ulf Bjarke, Sweden
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 4:53pm
well guys i just enabled Hyperthreading and my MS2020 is even smoother now. I had slight stutters just noticeable when banking but HT on is a game changer. Well for my rig anyway.

I74770k OC at 4.2 from nicks guide
Overclocked Intel Core i7-4770k Quad Core, ASUS Z87-A EVGA GTX 1080ti
Ulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Driver170 Driver170 wrote:

well guys i just enabled Hyperthreading and my MS2020 is even smoother now. I had slight stutters just noticeable when banking but HT on is a game changer. Well for my rig anyway.

I74770k OC at 4.2 from nicks guide

For all rigs, I guess. Unlike FSX, MSFS is designed to utilize multi core processors with HT enabled.  Thumbs Up 

/Ulf Bjarke, Sweden
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 5:25pm
totally true. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 6:57pm
I have heard different from a few MSFS 2020 users who are rolling high end and high speed..  that HT on/off doesn't matter.. physical multicore and logical core HT is 2 different things

They take the speed over the heat

... but, to each his system LOL
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

I have heard different from a few MSFS 2020 users who are rolling high end and high speed..  that HT on/off doesn't matter.. physical multicore and logical core HT is 2 different things

They take the speed over the heat

... but, to each his system LOL

I thought i would try so what the heck, i can easily roll back. Once loaded my A320 up i noticed it being alot smoother when panning about and changing views quickly vs HT off. My Samsung 78” 4k screen is set at 30 refresh rate and in game Vsync on 60 frames. Set NVCP GPU to maximum performance also and running latest Drivers
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 7:51pm
If it is doing something for you, stick with it.

I'm just someone who has spent years reading one month HT is ON and the best thing next to sliced bread,.. and 2-3 later it's back off again because of one reason or another. Or the affinity mask wheel of fortune where for several weeks or flights its great but then for some reason..wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz     new number!

If they are actually doing something with it that helps the folks not chugging the better hardware, then great perhaps it may have value now but from what I read so far I would never say: Totally True  about the need or the quality of HT in MSFS 2020 quite yet.

There is no data out there that supports that. 

All I have ever seen with HT on and Flightsim (FSX or P3D) is a hot processor and thread collision stutters.

Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 7:59pm
Yup, i do agree with your statement. I only done an hour test flight tonight with HT on. lets see what tomorrow brings and the rest of the coming weeks flying MS2020. Is there anything I should look out for with HT on nick? Ie task manager checking CPU speed etc... but i am surprised with the performance boost with it on and alot of people have reported the opposite.

But a new system for me is on the cards though at some point. But saying that - if i can squeeze my i74770k a little bit longer i will be happy and definitely got my moneys worth from this work horse! (7 years and going strong)

Cheers
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 8:03pm
So then its not: totally true LOL
TheFamilyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFamilyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 12:37am
Here's an interesting angle I've seemly just uncovered about MSFS 2020, and it'd be fun to see how it unfolds.  I live near San Jose in California, only about five miles from Moffet Field, which is known for its three HUGE dirigible hangars show below.

These three hangars have been removed from MSFS...seems odd that something so obvious would be missing...right?  Well, today I took a flight around the Capitol Mall in Washington DC and look, the US capitol building is decapitated, as is part of the now dark gray colored Washington Monument.   And so here's the kicker, guess what was JUST released as a paid add-on "Landmark Pack" for MSFS?  Well of course, Washington DC!  I now wonder when Moffet will get its Pack, and heck as a bonus they'll probably include KPAO's missing control tower too.

What's that I'm hearing?  KA-CHING...KA-CHING!  ...keep 'em coming boys...
Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.2 no HT, Asus Maximus XII Hero, 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16, EVGA GTX 1070 SC, Noctua NH-D15S, Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU

Win 10 Pro 64, Asus 25" IPS 2K monitor
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 7:43am
Its what a lot of us have been thinking MS had in store for this sim. Before you know it, you've got thousands of dollars tied up in scenery addons. I wonder how long it will take MS to change MSFS2020 into a subscription-based sim?
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:13am
When there are enough tied to their ISP for analysis after the introduction.. yup

so for a moment forget the eye candy

Based on reports of the base, the aircraft flying better is the aircraft, and the render engine.

If they can release a single engine aircraft that is realistically better in flight than FS versions of the past, they can do the same thing with multi or jets, if the developer who codes those aircraft sim components want that, and MS wants that ...

just be aware as you go

now, remember the eye candy LOL

Fly happy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:41am
So we can now use Flight Simulator for touring the White House and shaking hands with Trump. This is just ridiculous. I'm not sure if I should cry or laugh.

Hans

W10 Pro, 10900K, ROG Maximus XII Hero, GSKILL F4-4000C15Q-32GTZR, Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT, Fractal Design 7XL, Corsair HX850
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 11:43am
Lets skip the political stuff except for the mild references in the FS11 bar

This thread is for MSFS 2020 not a bar or joke thread.. Folks can post almost anything they want over here at the bar: https://www.simforums.com/forums/ms-flight-simulator-11_topic61685_post408150.html#408150
Fly happy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 11:49am
I didn't mean it politically, I went to see what that addon was about and appearantly you can somehow enter the White House.
Hans

W10 Pro, 10900K, ROG Maximus XII Hero, GSKILL F4-4000C15Q-32GTZR, Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT, Fractal Design 7XL, Corsair HX850
chik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 2:38pm
Well, I am loving MSFS. I've been in and out for years (24 now?!?! Geeze). I usually fly single engines, mostly below 10,000ft. I like to have a "job" to do so I signed on with OnAir (am I allowed to put in here?) That said...
I've always wanted, accurate roads & rivers, glowing sky at night over cities, reflections as planes taxi and make turns, realistic haze. Couldn't care less about grass, clouds, other than high cirrus.
So I do have a question about video cards.
I have two 35" curved and do quite well fps wise on 1 with one VC rock steady at a custom refresh of 50 anywhere, even New York City.
So I bought a second card and I hooked it up to my second monitor
The cards are installed in slot 1 & 3 since I couldn't understand how card 1 could breath properly, having the fans up against card 2 if I put them min slot 1 & 2. I dropped my HD into slot 2 and everything runs fine. What I need is the NVLink bridge to connect the two (now spread apart) cards to enable SLI. ( I know MSFS does not support SLI atm) but this way I can span my displays using both cards.
on a side note, in my MB manual it says that if I occupy slot 2 then slot one will default to x8 mode. I read & read & read and I can grasp the jist what is being explained but I am just not able to fully comprehend the numbers.
Maximus XI Hero Z390, i9-9900K@5.3G, NH-DH15, 2-RTX-2080-Ti, VGA SuperNOVA 1000 Watt, G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB, Samsung 970 PRO 512GB, 2-Vast 3440X1440
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Fly happy Fly happy wrote:

I didn't mean it politically, I went to see what that addon was about and appearantly you can somehow enter the White House.

they suck on both sides over here for decades and so does the Whitehouse in MSFS 2020 apparently .. unless you pay for the upgrade!

where have I read and heard that before over the last 50 years hmmmmmm   LOLLOLLOLLOL
electric man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 7:58pm
This Washington DC was already from the first company that made fsx lovers to a hell, check out ORBX they have the second one ready, London landmarks.
If you look at all the videos then it is the same story all over again we had with FSX and P3D, only parts of north America and Europe are okay if it comes to scenery, Asia, Africa and the rest of the world are once again forgotten and every city in that part of the world looks exactly the same with old FSX buildings ( only looks like there are way less different buildings then in FSX ), directly copied road traffic from FSX with cars still driving jerky, looking like they are made of paper and still driving of road and under bridges and dissapearing in the landscape.
Like Nick already said, this is a money maker with systems costing way to much and updates from the 2 bad companies which will break your bank eventually.
I stick with FSX and W7 for as long as my rig keeps pulling it and from the moment it gives up then it will be bye bye flightsimming and I'll leave this ratrace.
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:50pm
Asia forgotten? Try flying over Singapore
Bert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 10:56pm
What do you mean bert? the few landmark buildings that are there? the rest of the buildings is still FSX autogen and every city in asia looks like that, try Bangkok, not one landmark building or bridge, Ho Chi Min city the same and look how poor and grey hong kong looks, already in the comunist era?? no Bert, for bush flyers okay but all the rest is wisely forgotten by MS so the German and Australian company can take in the rest of the cash.
Not even to mention Bing maps for scenery, hopelessly outdated and only rendered whith what we had 10 years ago for free and was called Tile proxy, only with that you had at least the choice which sat image you wanted to use and that had google maps to
Weather engine, probably borrowed from active sky next.
So it is a big no for me.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 1:46am
So what I am reading so far is outside the areas where they want money it looks a lot like FSX and aircraft above a certain class they may have paid attention to, has no real world feel to them.

Sounds sort of like a HO Train setup where you went to the hobby shop, wanted to buy a certain design structure for the platform and they nail you on the price. By the time the deck is done the train still goes round and round the same way but the awesome scene on the deck cost a small fortune.

I think I got that right, just extrapolating from the responses here Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 3:41am
here you can find a list of all the cities that are done properly,  not to many and nothing in South America, Asia or Africa so still lots of money can be made by those 2 companies.
Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 7:08am
What i have been getting is blurry ground textures 

Photogrammetry Buildings around New York, Manhattan Alot of people have reported this also. Is this due to poor internet connection?

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 7:33am
so... you are seeing the same thing everyone has for years without top shelf hardware in FSX/P3D?

I am reading nearly the same reports from 2007+ with this so called new application

blurry
many default aircraft lack 
outside of target market, scenery is crap
Inside target market scenery needs work
Inside target market scenery upgrade comes with a price
Need lots of CPU and video card

what has changed here from FSX/P3D with a few addons!!??   LOL  

Seriously, I am trying to figure that out with the same reports from years back

Eventually I might buy a new refrigerator and look at it myself but for right now I am simply going by the comments. Big smile

Driver170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driver170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 8:02am
MS2020 is just install and have a look. My homecockpit hardware and Prosim737 software runs on P3D V5 and will continue to use this.

Do i need a new system? Yes. But not for the reason for Blurry ground textures and buildings in MS2020.

My friend at home has -

I9 9900k 4.5ghz , 32gb ram, RTX 2070Super

With Virgin ethernet internet connection 400mps

And in New York his scenery and buildings are crystal clear
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 8:27am
I don't think I am being heard

Does everyone live in New York City?  Forget NYC how does Edinburgh look compared to RW?  I don't see that here.

Does everyone fly a simple single engine aircraft?

If the obviously bad glitches in the popular scenery locations need updating, does everyone want to pitch in and buy an update?

The way I read it so far is.. MS Flight rides again except this time scenery junkies may be getting suckered to keep coming back and real pilots are reserved at this time to a single engine aircraft.

and folks like me need to buy a new refrigerator to run a 60 dollar application in order to pay for all of the above perks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic