SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and GTN750

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and GTN750
    Posted: August-12-2020 at 8:21pm
Do you think the GTN 750 will be available for MSFS 2020, and if so, when?  Thanks, 
Bob Rich
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2020 at 7:51am
Hi Bob,

I can't speak for the developers; however, until the final SDK is ready for use you may not see any further comment.
Best,
Jim

GL_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GL_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2020 at 4:49am
I would imagine they are already working on it.

There are a few planes and airports almost ready to go !

These guys are clever, and know how many they'll sell. The GNS gauges in the stock aircraft and the Carenado 172 and Mooney, are awful once you've used a GTN.

And, I'm sure Reality XP are working on theirs !
Kilo60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilo60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 9:51am
Originally posted by GL_64 GL_64 wrote:

I would imagine they are already working on it.

There are a few planes and airports almost ready to go !

These guys are clever, and know how many they'll sell. The GNS gauges in the stock aircraft and the Carenado 172 and Mooney, are awful once you've used a GTN.

And, I'm sure Reality XP are working on theirs !

What?

They have AC for MSFS Almost ready to go?

What where...?
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 11:09am
If I were a developer, I would wait to see how viable MSFS 2020 is. Already there are people leaving it to return to P3D.
John Patterson
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 12:52pm
Flight1 does not have aircraft ready. Maybe that was a blanket statement regarding 3rd party aircraft releases among all developers. Some developers that do not rely on advanced C++ gauges can come to market much quicker.

See the announcement we made at http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=fs2020
Steve

Laurin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

Flight1 does not have aircraft ready. Maybe that was a blanket statement regarding 3rd party aircraft releases among all developers. Some developers that do not rely on advanced C++ gauges can come to market much quicker.

From todays development update from MS on the SDK:
Quote For complex aircraft, WebAssembly is still undergoing active development. We are working on some much-needed features and providing code to help port existing C++ aircraft.

So hopefully this will help 3rd party developers porting their addons.
MrScott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2020 at 12:44pm
Sir,
I have been using X-Plane since returning to Flight Sim and have the RealityXP version. What I have enjoyed about this product is how many people have managed to add the GTN750 to existing Aircraft. I also have the Real Sim Gear GTN750 touchscreen and love it. 

My questions, if you would be so kind to provide whatever info you can, is :
1) I have heard the Flight1 version of the Garmin GTN750 for FSX and P3D is much more capable or feature rich than the RealityXP version for X-Plane. Can you elaborate on this?
2) I read the info from your link regarding the Final SDK, etc. and am wondering when the FS2020 version is released, will it work with the Real Sim Gear panel and will it be as capable or more so than the current FSX version? With the new WX engine in FS2020, having a GTN 750 that incorporates NEXRAD Radar and maybe even ADSB (something I am really surprised escaped MS/ASOBO given it is FAA mandate now) would be an awesome feature.

My apology for the ignorant questions. I am simply seeking a full featured Avionics package that could be incorporated into virtually any aircraft. (i.e. I use the GTN750 in the Freeware version of the Falcon 7X in X-Plane and it LOVE IT!). Since Asobo decided to release their new sim with very nice Avionics but incomplete for true IFR flights, I am hoping FLIGHT1's GTN750 will be an excellent alternative. 

Kind regards,

MrScott.
MrScott
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2020 at 4:42pm
I cannot comment on #2.. but re #1, whatever you have heard is not supported by any facts I have ever seen..

Based on my experience (and yes, I own both), the two GTN 750 offerings you mention are 99% the same since they both use the same Garmin Trainer as the underlying engine. The very small differences in the interface are somewhat up to individual preference, I guess.. but certainly not in the "much more.." of anything category.
Bert
MrScott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2020 at 6:33pm
Are they created by the same dev.?
MrScott
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2020 at 8:55am
No, they are completely separate products... they both use the GTN Trainer as previously mentioned.

It will still be some time (in my view) while the developers learn the new SDK and wait for features to be possible. Because of the platform change, some technologies will be much more difficult to bring to the new sim. It all depends on what C++ features MS/Asobo allows in the new sim.
Steve

GL_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GL_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2020 at 5:04am
Isn't the main problem going to be related to the fact that MSFS runs in a sandboxed mode and so gauges cannot talk to windows.

Given the Garmin Trainer is a Windows based background program..... they will not be able to talk to each other.

luap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2020 at 7:48pm
Well, FSUIPC is now external to FS.  It runs as an EXE independent from the main program but still interacts with it.

Paul Scott Bartelt

The grass is always greener over the septic tank

GL_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GL_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2020 at 3:06am
Excellent news.

So it seems Simconnect is working well now with no stuttering and progs talk to the sim via it.

Wonder if Radar Contact may work ?
JohnKnapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnKnapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2020 at 2:55pm
I think the issue with developing the GTN series for MSFS 2020 is that there are very few aircraft in the sim right now that could take advantage if it. You have the C172 with a GNS 530 or 430 but most aircraft now use G1000 or 3000 and what looks like a G3X. And I don't know if Garmin has trainer software for G1000 and 3000 to base displays on.
Time will tell if we will get more realistic displays or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic