SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LWA map vs insim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LWA map vs insim
    Posted: April-22-2022 at 6:57pm
I am doing a flight from Las Vegas to Kahului and I noticed that the weather in sim vs the weather map doesn't match up. I'll be flying through an area that shows clear. The weather map shows clouds down at 6,000 or so but when I fly into that area in sim everything still is clear and I don't see the approaching clouds you would expect. I have the cloud draw distances set to 110+.

The weather only seems to re correct itself when there is an update. Without the update things seem to go awry. Secondarily  it seems like what is showing on the map and being flown into isn't being applied to the sim. What should I be looking at?

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 2:52am
Note the weather is not applied it (the generated weather theme OpusWeather.WTB) is simply injected when there is an update, the rest is down to the sim.

What OpusFSI version and sim version are you using.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest OpusFSI release version and check your Opus Weather setting. Try setting all defaults and don't use Selective Updates. Check the weather by comparing the OpusFSI Local Report with ATIS before flight.

Stephen
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 3:10am
Using FSX with version 5.49.0. I did notice that in the FSX weather menu that OPUS is listed as a theme. If I load as a theme the speed of my aircraft gets all out of sorts. OPUS by default seems to have FSX in user defined weather mode. Is there a step I am missing as far as initially running the sim and OPUS? I set everything up on the main menu and for weather set it to user defined and zero everything out. Launch my flight and then run OPUS and go from there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 3:16am
As for settings:
Download is 60 minutes and 240km.
Smoothing and stabilization the only thing I have checked there is DWC to keep the winds in line.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 3:17am
You should never do that, manually load the Opus theme that is. Opus generates the OpusWeather theme file (WYB), transfers it to the sims weather folder and loads it via SimConnect. You shouldn't ever load it as its relevant (centred on) only to the aircraft's current position when the theme was generated.

The mode is set that way to enable Opus to inject its own theme.

You must leave Opus to generate the weather and inject it. Don't disable the weather for extended periods as the sims internal weather always fades away to nothing, and gets less accurate,  the further you go.

Always specify your destination prior to injecting the initial weather.

Check the injected weather by comparing the Opus Local Report with the sims ATIS.

Never have any other weather engine installed or active.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 3:32am
Generally speaking, what do you have your settings at as far as smoothing and stabilization?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 3:56am
I use all defaults (60 mins and 120 km). So Selective Updates disabled.

Make sure your OpusFSI v5 is running in FSX Mode.

Check weather download and injection with Spy window open to ensure all is OK.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 4:08am
Set everything to defaults with just a few preferences set and will let you know how my next flight goes. I did have to go into FSX and disable the turbulence effects a couple times on my flight because it would end up doing S turns and at some points the turning would cause me to over bank with the auto pilot on and end up perpendicular on my flight path.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic