SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live Camera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2015 at 3:43pm
Hi Stephen,

Sorry, I've just realised I wasn't exactly clear about the versions. I'm already on P3D v3 and I've been using the new OpusPDK_v3.DLL without issues. The problem is that LM released the first v3 update today (v3.1.2.15831) and it seems to have broken compatibility with the existing v3 DLL (there's the typical symptom of camera jumping momentarily to forward view before panning to the selected view).

Tym
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2015 at 4:02pm
Ah, ok. I will have to upgrade mine and see if we need to work on an OpusPDK_v31.DLL.

I will check it out. Hope they're not going to change the PDK too frequently.

Stephen :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2015 at 4:10pm
Looks like P3D v3.0 will no longer be available so I should be able to copy the old DLL as v30 and upgrade the existing v3 for 3.1 compatibility. I will get onto it tomorrow, no idea how extensive the changes are though.

Thanks for the heads up.

TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2015 at 4:23pm
Thanks for looking into this :-)

Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2015 at 12:45pm
Hi Tym,

I've now tested Live Camera with P3D v3.1 and all seems to be working well. The upgrade did reallocate all the controllers so I did have to reconfigure and also needed to restart after checking all was working in P3D v2 still. But then everything, including the OpusPDK_v3.DLL  worked just fine with v3.1.

TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2015 at 1:09pm
Hi Stephen,

Most of the camera functionality does indeed work, but the ability for Opus to recognize the PBH and pan from the current camera direction to a preset view doesn't. The camera gets reset to the last selected view before proceeding to the next one (as was the case before the PDK).

Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2015 at 1:45pm
Yes, it looks like this could be a bug in the P3D v3.1 upgrade. The 6DOF are not functioning for any 'Custom' External Aircraft views. So there is no eye point control for external views but the VC views work OK. Controlling the 6DOF in custom external view mode seems to cause P3D problems as well. I will investigate more tomorrow but it does look like a P3D v3.1 problem at the moment.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2015 at 1:56pm
Thanks for verifying that. It doesn't look too good, though... I kind of wish this was an issue with Opus as that'd mean a solution sometime between today and tomorrow. Wink

With LM, it might be a better idea to roll back to v3.0 for the time being...

Cheers,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2015 at 2:13pm
I would advise that if you have v3.0 download saved. LM really shouldn't remove the previous version until their new one has been fully tested. I will investigate further tomorrow just in case, but the PDK 6DOF works perfectly well with VC views.

greg100o View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg100o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2016 at 1:59pm
I am using the latest version of OPUS FSI with Win 10 Pro and FSX.

I have the Logitech game pad to move around the cockpit et, and Saitek rudder, Pro Flight Yoke, and two throttle sets. When configured all works, well but randomly it seems, the order and number of each joystick gets changed and then the corresponding buttons in the camera file also change and of course do not work. This occurs without my changing the ports that the USB devices are plugged into. It is a lot of work to reprogram everything. I can see that the order of the joystick numbers has changed from the SPY function.

Does anyone know why this randomly happens or how to prevent it?

That  said I also know that I have lots and lots of .CAM files in my folder with different dates.Does reassigning the joystick buttons or editing the views, create a new  camera file, or overwrite the previous one. I only use one PMDG aircraft. The reason I ask is that when this shuffle happens, having redone this before one of the previous .cam files might contain the appropriate settings so I do not have to redo everything. But I do not see a way to select a previous .CAM file to find out.

Thanks

Greg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2016 at 2:07pm
Are you unplugging the controllers at all. If you do unplug the USB leads or even disconnect any single controller then the sim can renumber the sequence. OpusFSI does try and match the DirectX controller name with the controller number and recover but that sometimes isn't enough or the device name changes.

Stephen
greg100o View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg100o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2016 at 2:55pm
Stephen,
I never unplug the gamepad controller since it is connected to a usb  hub, but the Saitek controllers are connected to a  computer USB port [always use the same one, but  I do have to unplug it occasionally to use the port for something else, or maybe I just want to "clean up" the room and put flight sim stuff away if I will not use it for awhile.] So yes. I would typically not start the sim without plugging the  Saitek controller back in to its usual port. The three Saitek  controllers all plug into one USB hub on the Proflight yolk, which in turn has a fairly short fixed length USB cord that is integrated into the yolk housing and cannot be removed and connects all the other Saitek controllers directly to the computer. Since it is short I have to use of the front USB inputs on my computer, always the same one.

For a long time the game controller was listed last after all of the other Saitek controllers, now it is stubbornly listed as number 2 in the list of four controllers.

Greg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2016 at 3:07pm
Most likely a DirectX ordering anomaly after plugging the controller back in. Anyhow, it ends up with the sim reordering the controllers. I will see if there's something I can do to detect or recover the changes better, that might mean allowing you to remap the numbering or order manually and hence recover your cam assignments.

Stephen
greg100o View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg100o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2016 at 3:16pm
Wow that would be fantastic!

Thanks for being so responsive.

Greg
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2016 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

I will see if there's something I can do to detect or recover the changes better, that might mean allowing you to remap the numbering or order manually and hence recover your cam assignments.

I'd welcome this as well - as it's caught me out a few times and it's really tedious having to step through dozens of views and reassigning the buttons!

Saitek controllers/drivers have always been weird in that they get confused if the USB plugs/ports are changed. I have to label my leads so they go back into the exact same sockets if I ever need to unplug them.

Adam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2016 at 12:36am
I have made some changes to the FSISERVER which now preserves the joystick ordering much better, even for controllers that are not currently plugged in. The current 'DirectX' device order is still listed in the Spy window when you first open it.

I will post this update in a new OpusFSI Beta Version 4.66.5.

I have noticed that on occasions the sim can still reorder the controllers. This might have something to do with whether you unplug a controller while the sim is active or change the order (Order By .. Name or Number) in the sims Settings.

I have found under these circumstances if you just restart the sim the joystick ordering will revert back to normal. I believe if you just restart the sim it will reorder the controllers as per the DirectX device numbers. If you find it doesn't then let me know and I will add some sort of manual override in Live Camera.

Stephen
greg100o View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg100o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2016 at 7:37pm
Stepehen

Thanks for this quick fix! I will download and try it out this weekend, and let you know how to goes.

Greg

greg100o View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg100o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 10:00pm
Looks like beta version this is still pending being posted.

Greg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2016 at 2:49am
Yes I've been away on a flying trip and still got a few things to test, I will try and post it today.

N.B.

OpusFSI Beta Version 4.66.5 posted 09:30 Zulu.
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2016 at 6:25am
Sounds like the *perfect* excuse to me, LOL!

Adam.
greg100o View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg100o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 7:33pm
Stephen,
So far using the new version with no difficulty re maintaining  controller settings and order.  In fact when I installed the new version all the settings for my gamepad reappeared, and all the controllers are working perfectly with usual assignments. The settings even survived the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Greg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:35am
Thanks for the feedback Greg.

Stephen
Richbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 5:20am
Hi Stephen,

I have to report an issue I seem to be having with camaera settings in P3D v3.4.
I'll try to cut a long story short if I can.

Installed P3D v3.4 and all fine. Bought the P3d version of the Duke Tv2 and installed, all fine.
Set up cameras along with the default Caranado Bonanza, no problem there. Installed the Q400 and set up cameras.
However, when I hit the buttons to check my cameras there seemed to be only three of the six cameras sets in the right place. I checked the listing in the Camera management window and all q400 cameras worked.
Now, confused by my own science I decided to delete all cameras other than the Q400 with the idea I'd reinstall the Duke T cameras later. This I've tried to do and this seems to be the issue.
Whereby you assign an aircraft to the cameras, the Duke T is no longer listed in the 'Select aicraft types', yet the aircaft is clearly installed in P3D with all its' different registrations and saved C&D in a couple of airfields! So, I'm at a loss as to where I've gone wrong

I checked back at my FSX with OpusFSI configured for same and all is fine.
The Duke was installed with cameras in beta 4.71.0 (?) but the issue arose after I installed
4.72.0. However, I'm not pointing fingers there, Stephen, but I do wonder why the Duke is not in the aircaft listing.

You must have gathered by now over the years that I'm not too I.T. savvy. However, P3D seems to throwing a curved ball from what I've read and I've noted from other threads in OpusFSI that the PDK needs to be installed, for what ever reason. With my lack of knowledge that really bothers me!

Anyway, if you could throw me a lifeline, Stephen, I'd appreciate it.

Best regards,

Richard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 11:02am
After running FSISERVER and opening the Camera Management form, please check your SimObjects log file in your OpusFSI folder. This log file will list all the SimObject folders and aircraft discovered. Send me the log file if you wish or post it here. It will also list any access errors. Note, P3D allows aircraft to be installed outside the sim folder so it may be an issue there. Post the generated SimObjects log file and all should become clear.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 11:05am
The log file is called SimObjects_P3D.log ...

http://www.simforums.com/forums/announcements_topic42608_post356016.html#356016

Be interested to see it.

Richbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 12:35pm
Thanks,Stephen, for getting back to me so soon.

I'll check the log saspo this evening and post it to you.

Many thanks,

Richard.
Richbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 12:45pm
Found the log, Stephen.

Seems there is a path issue. Maybe I'll have to uninstall the Duke and reinstall.
What do you think?

OpusFSI Flight Simulator Interface

Log Generated 23 October 2016, 15:36 Hrs

OpusFSI Folder: C:\OPUSFSI
FltSim  Folder: E:\P3D V3

E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo Extra300S P3D
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Beech_King_Air_350
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Bombardier_CRJ_700
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\C130J_AI
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado A36 BONANZA P3D
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Commercial_Airliner
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\DH_Dash8_100
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-14
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\F15
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\F16
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\F35A
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Fury_1500
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Grumman_Goose_G21A
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS T-6A Texan II NTA SP2
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS T-6A Texan II SP2
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\JFFSX_P-38F_Lightning
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\JFFSX_P38FPR_Lightning
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\JFFSX_P38J
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\JFFSX_P38PR_Lightning
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_C69
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_L049
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\KAI_T50
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lear45
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C_Ski
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Acclaim
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Bravo
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV-22
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PA28_180
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_J3Cub
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\RQ170
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Tornado
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\TU-95
E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-46
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-53e
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Robinson_R22
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\UH-60
  E:\P3D V3\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Virtavia Sikorsky H-60 Blackhawk

C:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Airplanes\
  Could not find a part of the path 'C:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Airplanes'.
C:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Rotorcraft\
  Could not find a part of the path 'C:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Rotorcraft'.

Regards,

Richard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 3:41pm
Thanks Richard,

This might be something I haven't accounted for.

Where is the C:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes\ defined?
Have you added this path to our SimObjects cfg file or has realair added it to the P3D SimObjects cfg file?

The software expects the defined path to end at SimObjects where opus checks the Airplanes and Rotorcraft sub folders.
Looks like this path defines the full path. If that's so I will have to check to see if the sub folders have been appended already, unlike the standard scheme of defining the new SimObjects location.

Can you check your P3D SimObjects.cfg file and see what realair has added. Email me it if you want. I can add this to the software tomorrow and post the fix in a beta.

Stephen

P.S. Sorry for the delay .. been observing until clouds rolled in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 3:46pm
If you have added these paths to our SimObjects_P3D.cfg file then just remove the Airplanes folder on the end. Terminating it in ...\Simobjects\.

If you haven't, let me know. I'll post a new beta for you tomorrow.

Dean33 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 5:20am
Hi Stephen

This question has been asked many times before but I'm going round in circles and would really appreciate an upto date answer.

P3DV3 latest. I don't start Opus FSI automatically with P3D (yet).
My default flight opens with virtual cockpit on a comfortable zoom 0.60 virtual cockpit.

I can see this is set in def file in documents.

However as soon as I start Opus the screen changes to .90 virtual cockpit.

I've checked (and as you recommend) all Opus cameras are set at 100% i.e. no zoom.

Am I confusing default flight zoom with camera.cfg zoom setting in app data roaming? Which is also set to .60.

What's the difference?

Thanks if you can clear this confusion.

PS I use wide view aspect

Cheers

Dean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 6:07am
You set whatever zoom level you want for your VC camera views.

Do not adjust any Camera or Aircraft CFG files.

Just edit your default VC camera for that aircraft type and set the Zoom setting to your preferred 0.60. The default VC zoom level used in Opus and standard FSX is 0.70 for VC modes. But you can adjust it to whatever you desire in your VC cameras within the Camera Edit dialog. For the Lancair Legacy, I have all my VC view mode cameras set with either 0.50 (cockpit) or 0.70 (panel) zoom levels.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 6:39am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 6:41am
Extract from manual describing zoom adjustments...

If required use the Zoom button (23) to adjust the camera view's zoom settings.

Zoom Recommendation for Prepar3Dv3

The assumed default zoom levels are 0.7 for VC views, 1.0 for 2D cockpit views, and 0.8 for External Aircraft views, however Prepar3Dv3 uses different default zoom levels for certain 'inbuilt' VC views. If your VC camera uses the assumed default then the zoom level will not be changed when switching cameras in the same mode. Therefore for Prepar3Dv3 we recommend using a 0.5 (non standard) zoom setting for ALL VC views, since this is non-standard Opus will always set the zoom when first displaying the default VC view and work from there.

The Camera Zoom Control dialog provides both coarse and fine zoom control over the selected view.

Zoom control is a two stage process within the simulator, the Coarse control sets the actual base zoom level which can range from 0.3 (fully zoomed out) to 512 (fully zoomed in), the fine zoom control makes fine adjustments to this zoom level by either 'fine zooming' in a number of steps (positive) or 'fine zooming' out a number of steps (negative).

To make efficient use of the zoom control, first set the required base zoom level using the Coarse zoom controls, the current zoom level is displayed in the green text box and temporarily on the displayed view. After you have set the Coarse zoom level finely adjust the zoom either in or out, the current fine zoom step count (positive for fine zooming in, negative for fine zooming out) is displayed in the green text box. The fine zoom rate (number of steps per click) can be adjusted from 0 to 10 with the slider control.

Each time you adjust the Coarse zoom level the fine zoom adjustment will be reset to zero.

Use the Reset button to reset the zoom adjustment to its original settings.

Use the Default button to reset the zoom to its displayed default setting. The software assumes a standard FSX or Prepar3D set up which uses a Coarse zoom of 0.7 for virtual cockpit view modes, 1.0 for 2D cockpit view modes, and 0.8 for all external views.

Once you have completed the zoom adjustment click on the OK button to accept the settings or Cancel to abort the changes. The current zoom settings are displayed within the Camera Control dialog in a text box (23a). The displayed zoom setting shows the actual Coarse zoom level with either a '+' or '-' symbol indicating any fine zoom adjustment.

Duplicate Zoom option

This option can be used to duplicate the current coarse and fine zoom settings across to all selected cameras. Only selected cameras of the same type (e.g. Virtual Cockpit, 2D Cockpit, or External Aircraft) will be affected by the duplicate action.

Once you select the Duplicate button a list of camera views are displayed for you to select from. You can use the usual methods to select items in the list. To select non consecutive items use left mouse click plus the ctrl key to select. To select consecutive items use left mouse click plus the shift key, (or drag left mouse button over the items) to select a consecutive block. Click OK to save, then click OK in the Camera Zoom Control dialog.
Dean33 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 7:09am
Thanks for the speedy reply as usual Stephen. I downloaded the PDF live camera guide yesterday and didn't spot this. Wonder if I got an old version - I'll check later.

Could you please clarify WHERE I do this:

'Therefore for Prepar3Dv3 we recommend using a 0.5 (non standard) zoom setting for ALL VC views' ???
Thanks. Dean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 7:17am
You create and edit your OpusFSI camera views using Live Camera. So make sure you have enabled Live Camera in Config, usually with Live Camera Control as well. Then use the Cameras button on the FSISERVER form to open the Camera Management dialog. The LC manual describes how to create a default VC camera view.

You must create your own Live Camera views in order to be in control of such things and also make the most of DHM.

Dean33 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 8:04am
Thanks Stephen.
I know how to create cameras. I'll set them all with 50% as you suggest. I read your instructions and thought you were referring to P3D somewhere.

Cheers. Dean
84Park View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84Park Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 12:11pm
Hi. I am using FSI V5 on server (Win 7, 32 bit)and client (Win 8.1, 64 bit) PCs. I can create and edit Windowed 2D views on the client using the server dialogs. After reloading an airplane on the client, the edited views can be displayed on the client using the Add-ons: FSI Open Windowed Views. The View definitions exist on the client OpusFSI_v5 directory as OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs.txt file. Those CamDefs seem to be pasted into the aircraft.cfg files by some unknown to me process. At this point, all seems to be working as I think the software is supposed to work.

The problem comes if the client FSX is shut down (crash or not) and then restarted. The aircraft.cfg files get reset to not including the CamDefs. To restore the CamDefs in the aircraft.cfg files seems to require an edit at least one of the cameras on the server to get the aircraft.cfg files to be recreated with the CamDefs. I do not know how to set the server to automatically load the CamDefs into the client aircraft.cfg and to not automatically purge the CamDefs if the client is restarted.

Thanks in advance.
Lowell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 12:24pm
Sounds like the edited <client_name>.CAM file on the server could not be transferred across on to the client computer. Check your sharing and permissions on the client (see the GS Guide) to make sure the server has access to the OpusFSI_v5 folder on your client. Also make sure no AV software or Firewall is blocking access.

84Park View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84Park Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 10:51am
Thanks for the response. Here is a more detailed description of what is happening.

2017-Jul-18

Problem to solve: How to create multiple client views to replicate looking out aircraft windows to see the surrounding terrain during flight. The goal is to have views of fixed size on two or more client displays to provide a wrap-around view. The current approach is to create 5 Live Views on Client, undock and size the views as desired on the Client displays, save those configurations, and to have those displays reload for future sim flights. Currently, the view configurations get lost and do not get reloaded. On restart, everything seems to get reset as if the views were not defined and saved for re-use on the Client.

Configuration:
Server: Win7 32 bit, FSX with Acceleration, FSUIPC, and OpusFSI V5. 2 Displays, extended.

Client: Win8.1 64 bit, FSX tith Acceleration, FSUIPC, and OpusFSI V5. 2 Displays, extended.

FSX is started on Server with FSI-FSX auto-start. OK.
FSX is started on Client with FSI-FSX auto-start. OK.
On Client, SimObjects_FSX.log, aircraft.cfg for all aircraft models, Camera.cfg, and fsg.CFG are modified during startup.
FSX on Client and Server has same flight loaded.

Client--
Client fsx.cfg is modified.
Client displays 5 window views at correct airport but aircraft (C172) is shown pointed 90 degrees right.
Server FSX loads then the Client main view and 5 programmed Live View windows display C172 on runway but all showing a default 2D front view.
No other Client files were updated.

Server--
FSIServer.log and FSIGenCom.log were modified. No errors reported.
fsx.cfg was modified.
SimObjects:Airplanes:aircraft.cfg not modified.
Client (MINIPC.CAM) not modified on Server or Client.

Server--
FSI Server used to edit Client 2D Windowed views.
LeftView is selected and opened for edit. View displays on Client as full window display.
Then OK, OK back to FSI Server window.
Server MINICAM.CAM was modified and includes the 5 view titles.

Client--
MINIPC.CAM, OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs.txt, OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs0.txt, OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs1.txt, OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs2.txt, OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs3.txt, OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs4.txt were modified.
Also, aircraft.cfg.old, aircraft.cfg, and Cameras.cfg were modified.

The aircraft.cfg file contains the 5 Client views.
Loading a different aircraft shows the 5 views and places them in different sized views on the display.
All of the views are docked and display in the FSX window.

The 5 views can be undocked one at a time and repositioned and sized on the two Client displays.
The Add-ons:OpusFSI:Save Windowed Views is clicked.
Each of the views track with the aircraft as it flies.

With the aircraft flight paused, Add-ons:OpusFSI:Close Windowed Views closes the 5 view windows, both docked and undocked.
Add-ons:OpusFSI:Open Windows opens the 5 views, but all are opened as docked views in the FSX Window. Neither Open or Restore displays the undocked views in their Saved location or size on Display 2.

Server--
Editing one of the 5 Client Live Views, loading a different aircraft, reloading the C172 aircraft, shows the 5 displays as docked views on the Client FSX main window. Add-ons:OpusFSI:Open then Restore Windows again displays the 5 views, all as docked views in the FSX display window, none as undocked views on Display 2 as undocked views as was previously saved.

Client--
MINIPC.CAM files were updated on both the server and client.

If the FSI Client is stopped, the client views become erratic.

If the FSI Client is restarted, the client views restart and display the current flight views. But all the views are docked and are displayed in the FSX main window, none as the saved undocked views on Display 2.

If the FSI Client is restarted, the client views restart and display the current flight views. But all the views are docked and are displayed in the FSX main window, none as the saved undocked views on Display 2 as previously saved.

If the Client FSX is shut down then restarted with the Previous Flight, the Client aircraft.cfg files get reset to not including the 5 Live Views. The Client MINIPC.CAM and OpusFSI_Server_CamDefs.txt files are still intact. I do not know where the Add-ons:OpusFSI saved window definitions are stored, so I can not report what was saved previously.

At this point in the Client restart (Server was not restarted), the aircraft.cfg files do not contain the Live View window definitions and the Live View windows do not display in any Client PC display, docked or undocked.

Thanks in advance, Lowell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 11:02am
Note, views cannot be undocked by the software, you must do that. Please see the Live Camera manual regarding Windowed Views and there display.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
  Share Topic