SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Last request for Is in P3d 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last request for Is in P3d 4
    Posted: April-16-2019 at 7:37pm
Is it dead or not please just a yes or no ...

GL_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GL_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 4:01am
We are still awaiting:

Instant Scenery
Object Maker
Airport Studio

Many wait, but I fear we will wait for ever.

Why ?

Both Windows and P3D are constantly updating.... it is a developers nightmare, so I am not surprised.

Sad, but unfortunately understandable.

Seems, the only workaround, is to install FSX on a different partition or PC, install your scenery apps, and build your scenery/objects, and import them into P3D..... you will lose P3D specific features, and there may be other issues.... so I for one, have forgot them.
Yardreamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2019 at 11:44am
Seems, the only workaround, is to install FSX on a different partition or PC, install your scenery apps, and build your scenery/objects, and import them into P3D..... you will lose P3D specific features, and there may be other issues.... so I for one, have forgot them

I moved to 3Ds Max and build scenery on P3d V3, it works... then modify and update the textures for V4 .... But V5 will be the canary I believe for the continuation of this method... 

As well the longer the stultified IS development will be the users who create scenery will also dwindle to the point of further development redundancy...    
Golly777 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golly777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2019 at 8:54am
An old adage : nothing good lasts forever.

In fact there are other bits of software that may stop being developed at some point..... some may spell the death of P3D itself.... FSUIPC pops into my mind.

Wonder how many people have actually considered this.

SODE is another example.... not open source and many sceneries depend on it.

So handy scenery tools may well be the least of our problems.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 16GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 850 SSD) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with AS 16 + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

corsair100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsair100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2019 at 2:33pm
Probably (when IS3 methods with porting over FSX/P3Dv3 placements to V4.x or V5.x stop functioning) we will master Prepar3D's own placement tool Simdirector to replace IS3 ...
Golly777 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golly777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2019 at 2:52pm
But the built in scenery placer is rubbish.

All other scenery tools are powerful but not easy to use.

The Flight1 Instant Scenery/Object Maker/Airport Studio were fantastic and easy to use... perfect for the average user

Nothing else comes close !

It is a sad loss and a financial catastrophe. With the libraries we have now from Orbx, releasing these tools would make the developer a fortune as they would be more popular than ever before.

Utterly Crazy.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 16GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 850 SSD) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with AS 16 + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic