SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Panel Configuration Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lancair Legacy & GTN 750

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lancair Legacy & GTN 750
    Posted: June-17-2018 at 8:06am
Hi,
I'm trying to find out if the Flight 1 GTN 750 can be installed in the Real Air Lancair Legacy. I tried to go to the GTN support forum but I can't get in without registering and to do that I have to have to have purchased the product.  I don't want to buy something only to find out too late that it wont install.  Does anyone know if it will install in the FSX Legacy or has anyone allready done so.  If anyone can reassure me that it will work I will happily go ahead and buy the product.  Thanks in advance.
Donair
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 11:45am
Two issues.. the GTN can only be installed in the Legacy V2, and RealAir is out of business, so there is no way to purchase a copy..

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=54798&title=gtn-in-realair-lancair-v2
Bert
donair View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the reply Bert. I have a new computer running FSX Boxed edition and have installed the earlier version of the RealAir Legacy that I purchased which works fine.  I have downloaded the Legacy V2 and plan on uninstalling the old and installing the new.  Only problem I might have is if I need a licence code which I'm looking for in my old computers emails.  If all works well I'll be getting the Flight 1 GTN 750 which will make my flights in my favourite A/C even more enjoyable.  Will keep you posted.
Donair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 11:40pm
Keeping my fingers crossed.. not sure if owning the V1 Legacy entitles you to a V2 copy.. there used to be an upgrade fee..
Bert
donair View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 4:49am

Hi Bert,
              Well, downloaded the Lancair Legacy from an old bookmarked website I had still on my browser and after uninstalling the earlier version I fired up my boxed edition of FSX and it works fine along with the configurator for V2.  I have ORBX Pacific Northwest scenery installed with most of the settings up high and after a run through Seatle Int I did get a drop in frame rate but away from big city heavy scenery it's just fine.   The only real problem is with the cockpit sounds such as gear up/down, flaps and trim plus switch clicks don't appear.  All other sounds like wind, tyre screech on landing, engine etc all sound fine and are adjustable through the FSX settings.  And yet if I go the sound folder in the aircraft folder I can hear all the sounds with an audio player,  just not in the aircraft.  Maybee someone has a clue as to a fix but meantime I'm happy enough to go ahead and buy the GTN 750 which the Realair user guide says will work with my boxed edition of FSX but not the SE edition.  Oh and I didn't need any new registration or certificates.
Will keep you posted and if anyone else had some tips to improve the Lancair Legacy V2 with the Flight 1 GTN 750 guages I'd appreciate them.Smile
Donair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 11:02am
Re sounds,

For FSX, it should work right out of the box.. in the panel.cfg file, check:

gauge21=RASLegacy_Sound_V2!Sound, 0,0,1,1, \Sound\RASLegacy_Sound_V2.ini

and the RASLegacy_Sound_V2 gauge should be in the panel folder.

If it truly does not work... try:

gauge21=RASLegacy_Sound_V2!Sound, 0,0,1,1, /Sound/RASLegacy_Sound_V2.ini

For P3DV4:

Search for Doug Dawson's 64 bit sound gauge and add it to your P3D\Gauges folder. Then make a copy of it and call it RASLegacy_Sound64.

In the panel.cfg file, make the following change:

gauge21=RASLegacy_Sound64!Sound, 0,0,1,1,./SimObjects/Airplanes/RealAir Legacy V2/Panel/Sound/RASLegacy_Sound_V2.ini

Bert
donair View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 12:36am
Hi again Bert,

In C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Legacy V2\Panel   there is:

a Config folder with 3 XML files
a Sound folder with all the necessary .wav files
a fs9gps.CAB
a panel.cfg
a RASLegacy.CAB
a RASLegacy_Sound_V2.gua

I changed the backslashes in the panel.cfg as you advised with no luck And as I run FSX I didn't use your P3DV4 change as you suggested, was that the right decision?

I suppose I could try to uninstall and start again with a fresh install.  What do you think.

Cheers,
Don
Windows 10 64 bit
Donair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 12:24pm
I wish I had the answer... everything you listed is OK.

Can you copy the RASLegacy_Sound_V2.gau file to your FSX\Gauges folder as a test?

That is the gauge that initiates the sounds, based on a translation table in the ini file in the Panel\Sound folder.

Uninstall and reinstall is the last option to try..
Bert
donair View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 7:44pm
One thing I forgot to mention Bert was when I installed Lancair Legacy V2 a warning came up about Doug Dawsons sound guage saying it was some sort of security threat and so I rejected it, also on the understanding that it was for P3D only.  Should I accept it next time when I reinstall bearing in mind this is for FSX ?  
Donair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by donair donair wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention Bert was when I installed Lancair Legacy V2 a warning came up about Doug Dawsons sound guage saying it was some sort of security threat and so I rejected it, also on the understanding that it was for P3D only.  Should I accept it next time when I reinstall bearing in mind this is for FSX ?  

That might well be the issue right there.. the answer is yes.
Bert
donair View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2018 at 3:15am
Hi Bert,
             After uninstalling and removing all traces of RealAir Lancair Legacy V2 including all registry edits and making sure antivirus was off,  installed a freshly downloaded Legacy V2 and no warning sign came up.  I suspect Windows 10 won't show the Doug Dawson sound message again as I unfortunately clicked 'Don't show again' .  Tried your suggestion re copying the RASLegacy_Sound_V2.gau file to the FSX\Gauges folder as a test and I've checked that the RASLegacy_Sound_V2 gauge is in the panel folder.  Still no cockpit sounds in the Legacy V2 but all the other A/C work fine.
             The panel sound wav files are all there and test ok on an audio player but something wont let them get played in the A/C panel.  The other sound files  in the Airplane Legacy V2 Sound folder that are used in the environment like wind and tyre screech on landing work fine just not the panel sounds.  I'd love to get this fixed as the Lancair is my favourite A /C and I'm reluctant to move back the the earlier version which did work with all the panel sounds.
          I did get Doug Dawsons 64 bit sound file but when I reread your post it said it was for the P3D guages folder so I didn't try it.  Was that correct?
              Would it be of any use if I sent the .ini and or .cfg file?

Don't know if it means anything but I got this error message at the end of install:
Error
         Progress line 125: Attempt to concatenate global ' cust Last Name' ( a nil valaue)

Stack Traceback:
        1: (Global Function) Line: 125 in function ' PostinstallSettings'
        2: (Progress) Line: 28 in main chunk

Donair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2018 at 11:20am
I've sent you a PM.
Bert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic