SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keyboard as mouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard as mouse
    Posted: January-13-2004 at 9:36am

Hi Guys,

Maybe I'm just not thinking this through but I want to assign a keystroke to activate engine fuel and ignition switches. At present they operate by a mouse click. I have tried using the FS2K2 Assignments section to no avail. I want to then use one of the speech recognition programmes to activate them by voice but need them to work via a keystrke first.

Anyone know how to convert mouseclicks to keystrokes?

Thanks

Bart458 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart458 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2004 at 9:42pm
Hi Flamer,
I have recently purchased FSPS and posted here some days ago about editing the VC with no reply so I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for a response
The only thing I can suggest is register FSUIPC (if you havent already) and from there you can assign anything you want.I have the first 3 ATC responses programed to buttons on my yoke and many other things as well as key strokes.You can also calibrate all controllers via the module as well.Hope this helps
Regards...Bart458
PPL(A)
PA38/BE23

89kraus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89kraus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2004 at 10:28pm

More likely you want to convert key strokes to mouse clicks over a specific part of the screen.  If there is a program that can do this, I havn't heard of it.  However, if the gauges are working with the default FS commands, then the FS assignments menu shoud work to activate them. 

Otherwise, the gauge programmer must program the ability for a keystroke into the gauge.  For instance, the Reality XP avionics use a seperate ini file to allow users to make different commands.  And in aircraft like the Dreamfleet Cardinal, you can assign key commands for things via the Comfig-o-Matic program. 

Another idea is if the gauge has been written in XML, there may be a way to make it work with a key stroke.  But I'm no expert with XML, so I'm just guessing at that.  I mention it because FSPS can edit XML gauges. 

Mabye there is some other way to convert a key stroke into a mouse click over a certain area of the screen, but I don't know of any.  Maybe someone else does. 

Joe Kraus
artburke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2004 at 4:25pm

If you're pretty good at reading the directions (don't mean to slam you, just being frank!) wander around to your favorite sim sites and look for RG Buttons or RKG_buttons. I found my copy at Flightsim.com but I'll bet you can find copies elsewhere.

The gist of this "gauge" is that he offers numerous pseudo-gauges that can be re-programmed. If, for example, you need a mouse area on the panel to simulate hitting the "1" key, he has that. Some of the keys are hidden, others can have the bitmap altered so they'll be hidden even if they weren't intended to be, etc. There are numerous options available and I'm surprised more people hadn't heard of him/them. I love his Hidden_Ident "gauges" for creating mouse "hotspots" on my panels to call up invisible sub-panels.

Maybe this will help.

Art

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic