SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > BN-2 Islander Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islander KLN 90 GPS not opening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catsrule47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islander KLN 90 GPS not opening
    Posted: August-07-2021 at 8:28am
Lovely plane, just the GPS does not power up, I can press all knobs and turn the buttons, but the screen remains black. Besides he popup is 'transparent', just the X symbol to close the 2D window.
I've done the special font 'trick' to no avail. any help would be welcome.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 8:55am
Hi,

What is your pc OS and sim?
Best,
Jim

catsrule47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catsrule47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 9:50am
I've got windows 10 and FSX Gold, everything on it works perfectly, tons of sophisticated planes, just this one KLN 90 won't work;   though not crazy about it, I must see it do its job!.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 2:38pm
Please ensure that the Win10 UAC slider is at the lowest level and that you are running FSX "As Administrator"  (right click the desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator".
Best,
Jim

catsrule47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catsrule47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 4:17am
Hi, I've done all this from the beginning, to no avail.
one thing I've noticed is the gauge:gauge00=Flight1_BN2_kln90a!GPS,  0,0,490
seems to be missing, can't find it anywhere in the ' gauges' folder ? or anywhere else.

Flight1_BN2_kln90 ...
as for the 2D popup  it also looks like a gauge issue, it shows a transparent frame with the  cross window closing  X item ?

Also I've purchased the Islander from Simmarket, a version 1.6 or something,
meantime purchased the box version online, will try when I'll get it.

thks for helping
Michel
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 7:25am
That could be the result of a corrupt download and install.  You might want to try another download with a clean install to see if that fixes the issue.
Best,
Jim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic