SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Invalid Licence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phildaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invalid Licence
    Posted: August-05-2018 at 12:16am
Hi

I apologize in advance if there is already a topic on this. I did a search but couldn't find anything.  I have installed Opus FSI-v5 on a new pc with P3D platform.  After the install (and update) I get 2 errors

Invalid licence
OpusBL5 Data File Invalid.

I have installed the folders on the same drive as P3D and given sharing to everyone. OS is Win 10. The program then diverts to Demonstration Mode.  Can someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.  Log is below

OpusFSI Flight Simulator Interface

Log Generated Sunday, 5 August 2018, 1:34 PM Hrs

Installed Folder: C:\OPUSFSI_V5

FSICONFIG Sim Folder: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
FSICONFIG Sim Folder: OK
FSIGENCOM Initialise: OK

Invoking DLL Checks ...

2 DLL Errors Detected.

Invalid Licence.
OpusBL5 Data File Invalid.

Installed Files:

FSISERVER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.01  , Thursday, 19 October 2017, 11:46 AM Hrs
P3DSERVER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.01  , Thursday, 19 October 2017, 11:46 AM Hrs
FSXSERVER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.01  , Thursday, 19 October 2017, 11:46 AM Hrs
FSDECODER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.01  , Thursday, 19 October 2017, 11:46 AM Hrs
FSISYSTEM.DLL Version: 5.2.0.01  , Thursday, 19 October 2017, 11:46 AM Hrs
OPUSFSI.DLL   Version: 5.2.0.01  , Thursday, 19 October 2017, 11:46 AM Hrs
OPUS.DLL      Version: Correct  , Monday, 29 October 2012, 8:24 PM Hrs

DLL Checks Fail Code 4

Cheers

Phil Pearce Smile

Phillip Pearce
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2018 at 5:46am
you will need to reinstall your licence by downloading the latest purchase wrapper EXE file and using your key file and order password. See HOW TO REINSTALL topic and our FAQs.

Stephen
Flakster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2018 at 3:49am
Installed OpusFSIv5 on server as directed, then installed a second copy (from the same Flight1 ownloaded installation file) on the client PC:

Client PC 
C:/OpusFSIv5/ with
C:/Opus Software/ (containing OpusFSIv5.key and OpusFSIv5.lic)

Everything connects fine when running OpusFSI alone on both Server and Client PC's, however when running via P3D4, the client fails to connect returning an Invalid license error message at FSIGENCOM Initialise: Error 4 (Client then runs in DEMO only mode).

From Getting started Networked PC's"

The OpusFSI software must be installed on your server and each of your client FSX/P3D systems. 

Simply copy the OpusFSI_v5.msi installation file onto your client systems and double-click on the file. Alternatively you can create an OpusFSI_v5 folder on each of your client PCs and simply copy the files and sub-folders across from the server's OpusFSI_v5 folder. You only need to copy the DLL and EXE files across from the main folder, along with all sub-folders (e.g. the Themes sub-folder).

From info provided above it appears that the client PC does NOT require an independent license - is this no longer the case or do I need to go thru the Flight 1 download/register/reinstall process for the client PC as well ?

Thx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2018 at 5:48am
The client does not undertake any licence checks so would never fail. Are you running the client using its FSICLIENT.EXE start up program with suitable sim type argument?

You should not run FSISERVER.EXE on the client, that’s only for the main flying (server) PC which also contains your licence file.

Stephen :-)
Flakster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2018 at 3:53pm
Thx, I expect it may be associated with this incorrect P3D4 entry on the client:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>OpusFSI_v5 Flight Simulator Interface Server</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>c:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.EXE FSX</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I’ll adjust it tonight and see what occurs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2018 at 4:42pm
yes. First it should be FSICLIENT.EXE that is launched. Second, you should pass the P3D4 argument(or just P3D, see GS Guide) and not FSX, finally, you may not be able to pass the argument in that fashion and may need to specify it in a separate launch statement.

Best remove the launch completely until you have manually sorted out your server and client, running FSISERVER and FSICLIENT respectively, both with no argument or P3D argument.

Stephen
Flakster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2018 at 6:04pm
Thanks (the FSX bit was a cut n paste typo) .. I’ll remove the launch argument to get underway, then try this after.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>OpusFSI_v5 Flight Simulator Interface Server</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>c:\OpusFSI_v5\FSICLIENT.EXE P3D</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2018 at 2:20am
Be aware you may need to use the Comand Line statement, as in ...

<Path>c:\OpusFSI_v5\FSICLIENT.EXE</Path>
<CommandLine>P3D</CommandLine>

The same sort of thing on the server launch. Personally I stick to setting it all up by running the software via the created desktop icons (shortcuts) and don’t bother to launch the EXEs.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic