SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight1 Addon and Cloud Manager for FS2020
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Introducing the Flight1 Addon and Cloud Manager
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing the Flight1 Addon and Cloud Manager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introducing the Flight1 Addon and Cloud Manager
    Posted: January-29-2021 at 12:40pm
Hi,

This free tool is now available for public testing.

This is beta software so do not install unless you are comfortable with beta software and understand there may be bugs and errors. You may also need to manually replace files as updates are posted in this thread.

To Download:

To download, run this version of the Flight1 Agent installer. It will update your existing Agent if it is already installed. It also adds the F1AddonCloud.exe program to the installation. This will be available as a separate shortcut on the desktop.

Note that there is no detailed manual. For general usage and information, read http://www.flight1.com/F1AddonCloud.pdf.

About the tool:

FS2020 is a major change in the simulation platform that many of us have been accustomed to. This tool builds on the Flight1 Agent to work directly with FS2020.

Use this forum for testing, ideas, bug reports, questions, or comments.

Here is a picture of the cloud. We have preloaded some commonly free to share addons already. You can install them if you like.

Steve

Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2021 at 1:40pm
This looks both interesting and very complicated..

The difference between the Cloud and the Addon Manager is not immediately clear to me..
Bert
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2021 at 3:22pm
Hi Burt,

You will see it very shortly. It is a completely different screen that you toggle to.

Edit: It is now released. Give it a try!
Steve

dleesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dleesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2021 at 5:02pm
I take it the the "Fast Startup" doesn't work yet?
Got it installed and do you run the programme first, or does it just automatically run and does what it's supposed to do...as it still loads at same speed as before.
Regards Dave

W10-64,8GB Ram Dual Core,I7 9730 Quad Core,Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti on Laptop,32Gig Ram,GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and Soundblaster soundcard and I7-9730 for Tower.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2021 at 5:34pm
It will put a new shortcut on your desktop that says "FS2020 Fast Startup". It will have the same Flight1 icon as the Addon tool. It should then load FS2020 without the startup videos. Note that it has only been tested on the version from the Microsoft Store. It has not been tested on the Steam version yet.
Steve

dleesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dleesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2021 at 4:42pm
Thanks...i have it from Steam.

Regards Dave

W10-64,8GB Ram Dual Core,I7 9730 Quad Core,Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti on Laptop,32Gig Ram,GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and Soundblaster soundcard and I7-9730 for Tower.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2021 at 10:09pm
You can try this test shortcut creator and see if it works.

Just unzip and run. It will place a new Steam shortcut on your desktop. See if it works or if it still shows the startup videos.
Steve

dleesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dleesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2021 at 4:31am
Works..and cuts loading by half, thank you
Regards Dave

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2021 at 7:57am
Hi Dave,

Thanks for testing!
Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic