SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

instant scenery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: instant scenery
    Posted: December-15-2018 at 12:10pm
This is weird, I loaded FSX this morning and although my Addons in listed and FSUIPC is there (although even this has dissapeared occassionally while re-loading) Instant Scenery is no longer  there. I checked the dll in USERS and it appears unchanged. Anyone got any ideas?
Neil
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2018 at 8:46am
Make sure that there's nothing at the very end of the dll.xml file (in your users.) Go to the very end of the last line in the list and just hit delete a few times, even though it may look like there's no characters there. Sometimes a stray character will wind up there for some reason that messes things up. it may even be an invisible character. Long shot, but worth a try.
neilb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2018 at 5:07am
tried it but no joy.
tbird8034 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird8034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2018 at 1:31pm
I had to manually add these IS3 lines to C:\Users\????????\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml to get FSX:SE to incorporate it.

</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Instant Scenery</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
tbird8034
neilb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 5:26am
Thanks those lines are already there, uninstalled and re-installed and it's working. Thanks for everyone's help. Neil
tbird8034 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird8034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 12:13pm
Hug
tbird8034
degeus View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote degeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2019 at 2:01pm
Hello
Is there already news about the support of Prepar3D V4 in IS3? We already are waiting for a very, very lonmg time.
With kind regareds,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands.

Piet de Geus
tbird8034 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird8034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2019 at 8:54am
Hi Piet - I haven't heard anything. I wish their product had some competion. Thumbs Up
Steve - Seattle WA USA
tbird8034
SakuraHawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2019 at 9:44am
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Flight Simulator X Steam Edition and wanted to try Instant Scenery 3.07 but I cannot manage to get it in the menu.

The installer poped up the message that the register has been filled and the dll.xml too, in fact, I checked what you mentioned above but it does not seem I have this kind of issues.

There's now an empty space between menu elements so probably there's something odd ? I cannot easily find information about that on google and maybe you can provide me some help.

Menu Item missing ?

Thank you in advance,
--
Flyin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2019 at 10:57am
Well, I then tried to replace the provided SDK with the one from prepar3D (v4, because I can't find the v1.4 and have nothing to lose except time) and I retrieved back the Multiplayer menu item, but I don't see the mod menu item..
--
Flyin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2019 at 8:11am
Originally posted by SakuraHawk SakuraHawk wrote:

Well, I then tried to replace the provided SDK with the one from prepar3D (v4, because I can't find the v1.4 and have nothing to lose except time) and I retrieved back the Multiplayer menu item, but I don't see the mod menu item..

Well, I assumed the mod was putting the Instant Scenery on the main menu but in fact it was on the ingame menu.

I did not managed to make it work yet, it does not appear on the menu Add-Ons. I have this message that seem to explain why :

I don't know if I forgot something or what, here is my dll.xml :

Originally posted by dll.xml dll.xml wrote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Instant Scenery 3</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryP3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
--
Flyin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2019 at 8:48am
Originally posted by dll.xml dll.xml wrote:

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryP3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
That was the mistake, sorry for everything :) have a nice day !
--
Flyin'
degeus View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote degeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2019 at 11:23am
I am only interested in knowing when (if at all) IS-3 will be available for Prepar3D V4.
It worked fine for me in earlier versions. 
with kind regards,
Piet de Geus
Piet de Geus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2019 at 11:40am
Well, according to the SDK directory from the FSX Steam Edition, I am not using Prepar3D v4 at all.

Maybe I can give it a shot replacing all the SDK content by the one provided by the Prepar3D v4 solution ?

Thanks for the reply,
--
Flyin'
degeus View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote degeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2019 at 8:06am
Hello,
It has nothing to do with Steam or FSX, IS-3 worked fine in Prepar3D version 2 and 3. As it needs some adjustment for each version, it did not work any longer in Version 4. Already from the beginning of version 4 there are vague messages about when support for V4 will be there, but now after a year or so, still there is no version available for 4. After all, now version 4 of Prepar3D is by far the most outstanding sim in terms of functionality and display-quality.
Many scenery-builders regret that as IS-3 was a magnificent tool. So I also hope that update will come soon.  
Piet
Piet de Geus
FrankBarbosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2019 at 11:23am
According to sources, further development of Instant Scenery is dead because Lockheed Martin broke it too many times.
neilb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2019 at 11:39am
design scenery in three it should work in 4. Neil
degeus View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote degeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2019 at 2:49pm
Hello,
I do have the installer InstantScenery 3_4 of June 15, 2017. The installer runs completely, giving no messages but fails to update the existing P3d.dll of April 3, 2015.
In the AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\dll.xml the reference towards the P3D.dll is correct, but there is no sign of activity, in the menubar Add-ons Instant Scenery is not listed. Oviously that old dll will not run in V4.
So, what makes you think IS3 is working in v4?
with kind regards,
Piet de Geus
Piet de Geus
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2019 at 5:40pm
IS doesn't work in P3D v4. Period. This issue has been discussed many, many times on this forum.
ubotes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2020 at 9:19am
I bought Instant Scenery 3 last week. I had my FSX Steam Integrity checked by Steam site.
My FSX SE setup is complete and in good order.  
My FSX SE is in : C:\Steam\\\\\ FSX   I Install IS3 (as Administrator) following default path
in C:\ProgramFiles (X86)  Than the Install Module screen comes: It shows my 2 SIM path's as
taken from the WIN Registry, the path's are correct C:\FS9 and C:\Steam\\\\FSX and I confirm them. When I start FS9  IS3 is added in the Addon Flight1 menu
When I start FSX I get an error message: 
There come several screens and error messages after this, but in short: if I continue with the Add-on (IS3) my FSX will ultimately Crash to Desktop. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the IS3  : error log:
2020-07-05 19:17:59.866 C:\Users\Peter Bootes\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery\OnlineVersionUpdate.dat
2020-07-05 19:17:59.867 E221
2020-07-05 19:18:03.523 C:\Users\Peter Bootes\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery\OnlineVersionUpdate.dat
2020-07-05 19:18:03.523 data9=1
2020-07-05 19:18:29.309 FSX directory: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
2020-07-05 19:18:29.310 FSX version: 10.0.63003.0
2020-07-05 19:18:29.310 C:\Users\Peter Bootes\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery\OnlineVersionUpdate.dat
2020-07-05 19:18:29.311 data9=1
2020-07-05 19:18:29.311 h=EBE00000 EC430000 EC538850 EBE44A70 EC2E0000 EC2EEDC0 EC1C0000 EC261520 EC272530 101 6BBD3678 EB36A190
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my DLL.XML

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
</SimBase.Document>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Instant Scenery</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>  
</SimBase.Document>
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone in Flight1 Customer support please help me get my InstantScenery 3 working
and resolve the incompatibility between IS3 ver 3.7.0.1  and my FSX version: 10.0.63003.0
Thanks in Advance  Peter

piet06273
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic